• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Right out of the box

br174

Lifelong Fan
Just looking for some info from our members as to whats smoking great young right out of the box. Been smoking mostly NC's lately and had a couple CC's the last few days that have been resting for some time and now wishing I had more than what I have. Supply is low and do not have patience so I'm looking for some sticks that are smoking well now. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Well, I was gifted with a BTL and a WOAM. I sacrificed the BTL, and think I will save the WOAM for New Year's Eve. :rolleyes:

Brian,
I am by no means an expert on the subject but I have found most of the sticks I've bought (Monti, SLR, Partagus,) with an 08 box code are pretty good after resting for a few weeks. That said, the same stick with a 07 box code is even better.
I also look for deals on boxes from the questionable years, 00, 01's. Some of the sticks have tightness issues so you may need to work alittle to get a decent draw but when getting a box at 50% (HDM, Boli) of the 08 price, I don't mind taking a chance.
Good luck,
Tom

From my recent experience the 08 RASS, RASCC, Monte #4, PSD4, Boli RCs have all been great.

R&J Short Churchill's and the Boli RC's are two that come to mind that are smoking wonderfully right out of the box......
thumbs-up.gif

In my experience, the smaller the vitola the better when it comes to smoking well as soon as possible. Minutos, perlas, etc. Anything from a robusto on down. But then, this may likely be because I tend to enjoy smaller cigars in their younger and less refined states. Sometimes I just want a strong tobacco taste and not have to put on my silk smoking jacket and slowly puff away for each little aged flavor nuance.

edit to add: The more tobacco, generally the more time it takes for the leaf to acclimate with each other. There's more volume of different types of leaves. That is why I think smaller cigars develop their flavor faster - and I enjoy them both new and old.

In my experience, the smaller the vitola the better when it comes to smoking well as soon as possible. Minutos, perlas, etc. Anything from a robusto on down. But then, this may likely be because I tend to enjoy smaller cigars in their younger and less refined states. Sometimes I just want a strong tobacco taste and not have to put on my silk smoking jacket and slowly puff away for each little aged flavor nuance.

edit to add: The more tobacco, generally the more time it takes for the leaf to acclimate with each other. There's more volume of different types of leaves. That is why I think smaller cigars develop their flavor faster - and I enjoy them both new and old.

This is sound wisdom. For that reason I would suggest the Partagas Shorts, SCDH El Principe, but also the R&J Regalias de Londres. The R&J Short Churchill has been pretty damn good as well.

Cheers
Drew P

My favorite suggestion for smoking fresh is the Partagas Short. Great fresh, and great with age if you manage to hold onto any.

Diplo #2 with an 08 box code, RASS, Monte #4, RyJ Short Churchill

Monte #2's have always been good to me right out of the box, as well as PSD 4's.