• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aroma De Cuba Edicion Especial No. 4

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Oh boy is it cold out this morning with the temperature gauge reading 40.1F and humidity 75%. Last night the wind was roaring with rain pouring, however this morning there’s only a slight breeze that’s simply bone chilling with a cloudy, gray sky. Even though it’s as cold as it is, I picked out a La Aroma De Cuba lancero to fire up. Not sure if I’ll finish the whole thing, however I’m bundled up and on my way.

This is the first of this marca I’ll have smoked and have been looking forward to giving it a try. The cigar is constructed well with a medium to dark brown wrapper that has noticeable oil, one prominent vein running the length, and a nice little pigtail cap. It has a good weight in the hand, very firm when squeezed, and with the head clipped I find a perfect resistance in the draw with rich tobacco taste.

I put fire to the foot and take a few puffs, then a long draw that brings a medium white pepper spice on the back of the throat. The smoke is a medium strength with full body and rich flavor right from the start. I’m getting tastes of roasted nuts, sweet, dark cocoa, and a really good citrus zest with a delicious twang in the lasting finish. Oh yeah, this is really, really good!

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off. The medium strength smoke flows well through the perfect draw with a full body that is hitting the palate perfectly. Flavors are consistent, very rich with a lasting finish that is delicious. Although my fingers, toes, and nose are all freezing, I believe this cigar will be smoked to the very end.

Halfway through and into the final third, this cigar performed perfectly with sharp burn, perfect draw, incredibly rich and delicious flavors with a lasting finish that hit the palate just right. The ash was quite loose and did fall on its own pretty much the rest of the smoke. I have to say I was very impressed with this cigar, thoroughly enjoyed it to the very end!

12-19-09LADCES001.jpg

12-19-09LADCES002.jpg

12-19-09LADCES003.jpg

This is probably my favorite lancero currently out, as my wallet and humidor can attest. Simply one of the best things Pepin has put out recently.

I had a HUGE (Double Corona?) LAdC Maduro a while back and was extremely impressed! Have the natural in the humi waiting for a good time to spark.

Excellent review as always Greg!

Great review Greg, I love this 2nd blending of LADC better than their first label. Did you try the smaller corona yet?

That is a great smoke too.

Greg, I'm glad you reviewed one of these - and even happier that you liked it! The EEs are one of my favorites right now, though I haven't managed to snag one of the lanceros yet. I've enjoyed most of the other vitolas, particularly the torpedo. Kudos on another terrific review.

BTW, that storm that gave you torrential rain dropped 20" of snow on us. I'm hoping to take a stogie for a walk later - now that the shoveling is over with.

Great review Greg, I love this 2nd blending of LADC better than their first label. Did you try the smaller corona yet?

That is a great smoke too.

Unfortunately, this was the one and only La Aroma De Cuba I had, however I do need to get some of the others to try.