• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Special “C” Culebra

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Ah the weekend! Gotta love a beautiful Saturday morning with a clear blue sky and birds singing all around, almost has the feeling of spring other than it’s 49F, which isn’t too bad. I went digging trying to find a smaller cigar to smoke and decided to pull out the Davidoff Special “C” culebra coffin that I received in a huge bomb this past summer, not 100% sure who added it to the amazing package though.

After opening it up, I notice the wax paper inside has a bit of yellowing to it, so I’m thinking these have a bit of age. I take the three smokes out the coffin and take a few pics of the cigars, then as I’m getting ready to undo the ribbons I notice the black powder sign of…beetles! Sure enough, I pick up the coffin and inside is a beetle larvae and it’s slowly moving, still alive. Damn.

So, unfortunately, the Davidoff culebra is a total loss, the beetle holes were underneath the ribbon on the feet end. I’m fairly confident the beetles were confined to the coffin as it’s been closed since received, however a thorough inspection of all boxes in the wineador will be done today. Ah well, back to the humi to find something else.

02-27-10DaviC001.jpg

02-27-10DaviC002.jpg

02-27-10DaviC003.jpg

02-27-10DaviC004.jpg

02-27-10DaviC008.jpg

02-27-10DaviC005.jpg

02-27-10DaviC006.jpg

BUMMER! One good thing about this though Greg....at least it was self contained in its little coffin and not with your other collection. :0

Damn - that sucks. Thanks for sharing the pics. Those are some of the best I've seen of the damaged caused (and of the little bastard).

So are they an actual beetle or do they stay in that stage pictured?

Oh Dear Lord!!! :( I hope you heated up the end of a stick pin and made his last few moments on Earth very unpleasant. Edward II like. Sorry to hear that bud, hopefully you have a suitable replacement to enjoy.

So are they an actual beetle or do they stay in that stage pictured?

Here you go! :D This is a custom rolled cigar I've had for a little while in a singles baggie sitting on my dreser with the purpose of letting the beetles go at it.

DSC07131.jpg

DSC07130.jpg

DSC07133.jpg

DSC07136.jpg

DSC07139.jpg

DSC07143.jpg

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing this, and I'm sorry that happened!

Ouch $50 worth of dust!! That sucks sir.... What a really cool cigar gone to the bugs...

Why don't the sob's start at the foot and eat backwards uniformly, then you could just cut it back.

Ouch, that sucks! You know, I've smoked a cigar that I'm about 99% sure I saw a larva near the foot. It didn't taste too good, but the sweetness of the revenge was worth it. I hate those fuggers with a passion!

Shoulda' smoked'em Greg.... :whistling:

...at the very least you should have torched the little MoFos for taking out that 3 cigar wonder! That would have made for some nice photos for PETA to complain about!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: