• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pittsburgh Steeler fans are weak...

punk_lawyer

Habeas Punkus
Some of us had the experience of attending 'The Big Pittsburgh Herf in Ohio' a few years ago. That event was some kind of odd Pittsburgh Steeler fashion show with Steeler fans engaging in varying forms of black and gold elephant walks and leap frog matches. (At least they said it was leap frog). Now, I realize that there are lots of Steeler jackets, Steeler hats, Steeler sunglasses, Steeler cardigans, Steeler dickeys, Steeler spats and Steeler sweat pants available at Big Lots and Goodwill Stores but to see that much fashion garbage in one place at one time is really hard on the mind.

Yes, there were cigars...great ones in fact. Yes, it was great seeing people. Yes, the food Jeff made was outstanding. But only Steeler fans would have a fashion show, elephant walk exposition and leap frog tournament in the middle of nowhere. I mean that place makes the woods in the Deliverance movie look like Times Square.

As it turns out, there is a test of manhood coming to the very same town where that Steeler fashion show was held a couple of years ago. Perhaps our old friend Cigarstone would be willing to tell us the local hot spots to see when in town. I am registered for the event and will be departing in the noon wave of participants. Are any of you Steeler fans going to man up and challenge me in the Dash? An Opus to any of you that join me...a Padron 80th to any of you that beat me.

Some of us had the experience of attending 'The Big Pittsburgh Herf in Ohio' a few years ago. That event was some kind of odd Pittsburgh Steeler fashion show with Steeler fans engaging in varying forms of black and gold elephant walks and leap frog matches. (At least they said it was leap frog). Now, I realize that there are lots of Steeler jackets, Steeler hats, Steeler sunglasses, Steeler cardigans, Steeler dickeys, Steeler spats and Steeler sweat pants available at Big Lots and Goodwill Stores but to see that much fashion garbage in one place at one time is really hard on the mind.

Yes, there were cigars...great ones in fact. Yes, it was great seeing people. Yes, the food Jeff made was outstanding. But only Steeler fans would have a fashion show, elephant walk exposition and leap frog tournament in the middle of nowhere. I mean that place makes the woods in the Deliverance movie look like Times Square.

As it turns out, there is a test of manhood coming to the very same town where that Steeler fashion show was held a couple of years ago. Perhaps our old friend Cigarstone would be willing to tell us the local hot spots to see when in town. I am registered for the event and will be departing in the noon wave of participants. Are any of you Steeler fans going to man up and challenge me in the Dash? An Opus to any of you that join me...a Padron 80th to any of you that beat me.

...are you looking for a place with indoor plumbing and heat?

Well, in September we probably will not need heat which is a good thing since there is no heat at Steeler fashion shows. Indoor plumbing would be an added bonus. Considering that we were there in February and the outhouses reeked of fecal matter and Akron, my assumption is that in September heat those outhouses would REEK of fecal matter, AKRON and some Pittsburgh stank notes too.

It must have been a mean leap frog match considering Universal's disappearance...oh well, one less Browns fan is a good thing.

Well, in September we probably will not need heat which is a good thing since there is no heat at Steeler fashion shows. Indoor plumbing would be an added bonus. Considering that we were there in February and the outhouses reeked of fecal matter and Akron, my assumption is that in September heat those outhouses would REEK of fecal matter, AKRON and some Pittsburgh stank notes too.

It must have been a mean leap frog match considering Universal's disappearance...oh well, one less Browns fan is a good thing.

So you are looking for a place with a possibility of indoor plumbing?

Don't you be worrying about ole' Universal!

It's too early in the season for Bengals fans to come out of the jungle.

Maxnoodle was the only one who had issues with field mice.

It's too early in the season for Bengals fans to come out of the jungle.

Maxnoodle was the only one who had issues with field mice.

I find it amusing that no Steeler fans are willing to accept my challenge in the Warrior Dash! I guess that if leap frog was part of the race then there would be a black and gold interest.

You want to crawl in the mud with a Steelers fan?

You worry me, Stu. ???

LOL!!!! Only in Carrollton would they have a "junkyard jam." I may have to come back home and be humored by this.

I grew up 30 mins away from this place.

Stu count me in. Let me know what your schedule looks and we'll see if can't get some other things lined up. I'll give you an idea of the sort of festivities surround the run after I run the one in Logan in June.

IMG_0084.jpg

Just Sayin!!!

Less than a month to go.

Its an awesome time, not terrible difficult and a good chance to get really muddy. Also Stu is a pretty decent guy, unless you are a cat with a bladder problem.

Mud!!
Lots of mud!!!!
That pretty much sums up the course.  We got a late start due to venue parking issues, once that was out of the way things went smooth.  The race itself was more fun than I recalled and honestly was much muddier, which was reflected by the 44% increase in average times (when compared between the times at the previous WD and this one).
Meeting Mrs. Punk_Lawyer was a treat and hearing about Stu slaving away at his sewing machine was priceless.
Unfortunately, much like the Steelers on Sunday, none of those die hard Pennsylvania guys managed to show up.  This a really fun events and the people watching is amazing.  Seriously, do plastic Roman breast plates really need to be anatomically correct and have nipples?  

We are in the planning stages for the Warrior Dash next June in Logan, OH. It would be great to get some fellow CPers to run in this next one. Its about a year away so you should have plenty of time to plan

Mud!!
Lots of mud!!!!
That pretty much sums up the course.  We got a late start due to venue parking issues, once that was out of the way things went smooth.  The race itself was more fun than I recalled and honestly was much muddier, which was reflected by the 44% increase in average times (when compared between the times at the previous WD and this one).
Meeting Mrs. Punk_Lawyer was a treat and hearing about Stu slaving away at his sewing machine was priceless.
Unfortunately, much like the Steelers on Sunday, none of those die hard Pennsylvania guys managed to show up.  This a really fun events and the people watching is amazing.  Seriously, do plastic Roman breast plates really need to be anatomically correct and have nipples?  
We are in the planning stages for the Warrior Dash next June in Logan, OH.  It would be great to get some fellow CPers to run in this next one.  Its about a year away so you should have plenty of time to plan
I officially love the Warrior Dash!!!I read a newspaper article about this one, Carrollton o-HI-o, and the comment was that there were something like 30,000 people that attended the event.  That many people more than quadrupled the population of the town where Cigarstone had his 'no indoor plumbing herf'.  The event is well run and is amazingly fun even though quite difficult so it's no wonder so many people attend.I did see some Steeler fans there.  They were wearing skirts and argyle socks...they really were.  NONE of the Pittsburgh folks from CP were there though.  As Brandon said, they showed up about as well as their team did on Sunday.One of the fine young ladies that I ran with wound up ripping the ass out of her shorts along the way.  Unfortunately for her but fortunately for everyone else, this was before the climbing events.  Quite a bit to see along the way all over the place.  The mud was INSANE.  This being my first such race, I cannot compare the course but the general sentiment was that the mud at this venue was much more difficult than other venues.Breedy and I will be in attendance at the one set for June 2012 in Logan, Ohio.  Are any of you fellows man enough to become warriors with us???

My hat is off to you two. 'Maybe next year' is the rallying cry of most Ohio professional sports teams. Perhaps I'll adopt it in this case.