• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Custom Humidor out of the blue

Eshaw99

Just livin' the dream
For those of you who don't know me (which is probably most of you since I haven't posted regularly in quite some time), I live in Indianapolis where I work for a medical supply company.  One of the reps reps out of our Texas office has become a cigar buddy of mine.  We only see each other once or twice a year at national meetings, but we always find time to have a cigar together.  He asked me last year about my coolerdor, and I walked him through the process of making one and sent him pictures of mine.

So, he sends me an e-mail on Monday that was nothing but tracking number and some very vague photos of his wood shop (I didn't even know he did woodworking).  I could tell he was building something, but I couldn't tell what.  Yesterday, a giant box was delivered to the warehouse here at the office.  Turns out, my friend had built me a MASSIVE (seriously, I can't even estimate how many cigars this will hold) desktop-style humidor out of African Mahogany.  I've never seen a desktop-style humidor this size.  The pictures don't give a really good idea of the size of it, but I tried to get one from a few feet away on our shipping table to have some sort of reference.  It weighs 40-50 lbs., and you could easily fit 3 boxes of cigars side-by-side in the bottom of it.  He sent me a follow-up e-mail saying that he wanted to build one for himself, but since he had never built one he wanted to practice first, so he built this one to send to me.  The craftsmanship is every bit as good as the ones we sold when I used to work at a B&M.  I just felt I should share this with others who could appreciate it.  Not bad for a first try!

2013-04-17110843_zpse297db99.jpg

2013-04-17110832_zps2defd8cc.jpg

2013-04-17110821_zps99a20fc9.jpg

2013-04-17111646_zpscae6e388.jpg
2013-04-17111600_zps4a4e2ea5.jpg

Nice, but a quarter in your pictures would give us some idea of its size. :D

Good to see you posting again.

MoeCizlak said:
Nice, but a quarter in your pictures would give us some idea of its size. :D

Good to see you posting again.

Good point.  Here you go:

us-quarter.gif

That is huge. Nice to see you post. Good friend there to make you a humidor.

Good to see you!

Very nice humi. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time!

That's a great looking humi.  I'm sure it will see a lot of use.

Very nice!  Mine is Dovetailed as well.  I like the look.

If the tape gun sitting next to it is any indication, that sucker is HUGE!

Very nice work indeed.

Very nice!!
That's one hell of a BOTL, he did nice work!!

damn pics are blocked at work!!!

Good to see ya back E

Tim

That's not a humidor.....that's a trunkidor.....WOW....just, WOW!

Sorry to bring this back to the top, but, WOW!

Well, it looks like a trunk more than a desktop humidor.  :p

Congrats!

You had to be a wise ass with the quarter, OK, we got what we asked for. Nice, oh yeah. How about taping a dollar bill to the front of it and see if we are paying attention. Welcome back Cotter.

The original post is almost a year old, wonder if Eric has it filled by now.