• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Outage today - resolved

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
This morning we experienced a hardware failure on the server. This resulted in the server shutting down ungracefully, thus corrupting the databases. The hardware was fixed within 30 min, however the databases remained corrupted. The first attempt was to restore to this mornings backup, however that too was corrupt (it was too close to the point at which the server began failing). 

We have restored to our Jan 20 backup, and all seems well. I never like to lose data, however when trying to preserve 14 years worth of memories, 2 days is a small price to pay.

So far it seems everything is now stable. Please let me know if anything odd occurs.

Thank you, and I apologize for the downtime and lost data.

Best,
Rod

Shat happens. Thanks for all the effort you put into the site.

I have an offsite backup from last night which is really a DR backup and would be a pain in the ass to restore. Let me see what I can do Paul. I might be able to restore it to another server and send you the review. 

Great, there goes my post count!

Thanks Rod for all the hard work.

Rod said:
I have an offsite backup from last night which is really a DR backup and would be a pain in the ass to restore. Let me see what I can do Paul. I might be able to restore it to another server and send you the review. 

Can you make it like he never happened!?

:p

grateful1 said:

Can you make it like he never happened!?

:p

yeah Gary suddenly lost 200 off his post count ;)

My post of Gary's favorite barnyard animals is gone! How lucky can one guy get............

We're still hacked, or at least new visitors will be scalped on first click through after finding us via a search engine.

ScreenShot2014-01-23at34656PM_zps47a1b9a0.png

Thanks for the info Jimmy. That's a whole different issue.  Working on it now.

Jimmy - it should be fixed now. 4 1/2 hours later ... I scanned the entire database and cleaned up some entries, and removed a skin. Most time was spent reverse engineering how the forum writes data. Let me know if you see any further issues. Thanks.

Will check tomorrow but from what I am see at home we're good.