• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tube case with Humidifier any good? How to use?

greengnu

I ordered these cigar tubes:

humidifier.jpg

They got a little pad to hydrate with distilled water.
My questions:
- are these tubes any better than metal tubes without such a humidifier?
- how much water should be added and how often?
- how long will a cigar be fresh inside such a tube?

Thank you for your opinion!

greengnu said:

My questions:

My questions:
  • Will you be posting an intro?
  • Will you be following up on the other thread you started?
As for your questions:
  • Are they any better? Doubtful. How long are you carrying two cigars for that you need them to be constantly humidified?
  • How much water / how often? Maybe a drop or two if you're going to carrying the sticks more than a couple days.
  • Fresh? Assuming you mean humidified, that depends on the seal.

I have some very nice holders that are very similar but, without the humidifier option. I like that idea, and I might even try modifying mine with an adapter to achieve the same configuration. I don't really know how long a smoke with stay properly humidified in one without humidification but for that one, I would think it would be indefinite if you maintained the moisture level. If I make an adapter, I might try beads or the sheet that works like the beads. 

I would think that unless conditions are just horribly adverse---like, Death Valley in the summer adverse---a screw top like that should be able to keep a cigar that was properly humidified to begin with properly humidified almost indefinitely.  There's plenty of moisture in the cigar already, and with a tight seal, it's not going anywhere.

That said, I'd probably be digging out the foam and sticking beads in there like MadMonk, just because they're rH calibrated.

~Boar