• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero - Chisel

Treamayne

On the run...
Reaction score
Found this beauty in a (the only) cigar shop in the Ft Walton / Destin area. Looked and smelled great so I brought her to my hotel. I actually held ou a day or two, but could resist no longer so we went outside and I curled up around a good book, Guiness and one hellovasmoke!

Famous Smoke has this to say:

<<La Flor Dominicana DL Chisel cigars are very full-bodied cigars meticulously handcrafted with powerful ligero fillers and rich-tasting Ecuadorian-grown Sumatra wrappers. Like the regular La Flor Dominicana cigars, La Flor Dominicana DL Chisel cigars are considered to be among the finest cigars made in the Dominican Republic. This is a highly reputable label that cigar smokers really should experience, especially if you love full tobacco flavor.

Length/Ring: 6 1/4 x 54
Shape: Figurado
Wrapper: Dark Natural
Strength: Full>>

And that doesn't even come close. I rated it a 9 or 10 in everything. In the past, the few ligero filled cigars I've had offer a punch from the get go and seem almost acrid on lighting, but this was a very smooth start. It built in strength, bidy and complexity through most of th smoke and leveled off somewhere around 1-2 inches remaining. I did have some personal issues getting used to the chisel tip, since this was my first, and nearly lost it more than once while flipping pages.

I'm still not good at the flavor ID as my palate is not good yet, not to mention the impact the beer had on my taste, though I thought they went real well together. This was definitel;y one of the more potent smokes I've had. I found that I needed a small bite to eat and water before bed to ease some minor stpomach rumblings from the culmination of food deprivation, alchohol and a strong stogie.

Definitely a cigar requiring a repeat performance though... and if the FL CPers ever answer my call to arms (Here) then I will proabbly grab a few for the HERF, if we have one.

Hope this helps y'all.... still trying to refine the whole review... thing.

Great review. Tried one of these not long ago and all I can say is it was either a dud or my taste buds must have been in a coma that day because FULL BODIED????
Not even close. Not to mention the draw was so tight it took me (NO BS) 90 minutes to finish. I still want to try the maduro, and if nothing else, I'd gladly have another just to compare.
Just my 2 cents, and again, great review!

Try a punch from the topside of the chisel. Works great. :)

I have some of the maduros; gave one to a guy at the club, and he was loving it -- next thing you know, I look over, and he's absolutely drenched in sweat. I really thought I was going to have to bust out the defibrillator. These can be quite strong c-gars...

BTW, you can just snip the end off like any old torpedo, it works fine.

you can just snip the end off like any old torpedo, it works fine.

That's what I did.... my problem was that I didn't grip it with my teeth (trying to break the habit) the first time I went hands-free to turn the pages of my book. Next I knew it shot out from my lips and tumbled forward. I caught it easily enough (losing my page) without hurting it or myself, but it was an unforseen side effect of the chisel. Would have made a funny pic, but I'm lucky enough to not have had an audiance to that particular blooper.

LOL Treamayne, woulda made a good video :D Shall I say..ben there, done that so you don't feel too silly?

I love those cigars, but you by gosh gotta eat first, those are not for the weak! :0

Try the DL700, Big, Fat and full of flavor. I smoked half of one before breakfast once, put it down, ate breakfast and then finished it. Decided to never pull that one again. :(

Since Tony admitted it was too strong for him I can admit to being scared of the bastages. As if double ligero isn't strong enough, having the chisel tip that you double punch to direct the smoke directly towards the roof of your mouth seems to be a recipe for barf to me.

If you caught a youngin' smoking I supect it would be a stronger punishment to make them smoke one of these as opposed to the classic carton of cigarettes thing.

I am still tempted to try one; as I am the type of person who also likes vomit inducing roller coaster rides. Thanks for the review Treamayne.

Matt

Actually quite good with coffee in the morning. :thumbs:

Horse said:
Try a punch from the topside of the chisel. Works great. :)
And if not you could make a sweeeeeeeet pipe outta' it! Duuuuude!
rasta.gif

Wow - didn't mean to start a turf war or anything.... I'll just back out slowly and try to stay out of the line-of-fire.

As for the 'gar...plan to pick more up tomorrow. <grin>

Treamayne said:
Wow - didn't mean to start a turf war or anything.... I'll just back out slowly and try to stay out of the line-of-fire.
hehe -- nah, it's all in good fun. Tony and I have know each other for years.

Sack sniffing in no way denotes a turf war. Throughout history, it's primary function has been a method of identification.

In this case, Moki noticed a 'fishy' smell. Since Moki and Tony Bones have known each other for 'years', the 'fishy' smell has confidently identified him as the true pussy as was the original assumption. :p

Cup