• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kingantz' Kustom Roll

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I decided I’d pull out a few leaves of my harvest from last year and make a feeble attempt at rolling a stogie. I pulled the stems out from what I planned to use as the filler and also from the wrapper leaf. I didn’t have any of the “sticky stuff” to glue the thing together, so had to just make due of holding the thing together best I could. Didn’t turn out half bad really. Of course, having some pectin would’ve really helped. My baby girl came and sat down at the table asking, “Can I help?”

There was a serious storm rolling in as I went out to fire this little baby up. I torched up the tip and took a few puffs and it actually wasn’t half bad. It actually tasted like a pretty decent cigar! There was some vanilla and nuts in it with a fairly smooth smoke coming through. Nice touch of spice as well. I will say though, this sucker was a full strength from the get go. I only smoked about half of it as the thing just wasn’t holding together enough. I’m going to let the rest of the leaves sit for a good while longer before I attempt another roll.

Cool as hell to roll and smoke my own though!

DSC03780.jpg

DSC03781.jpg

DSC03782.jpg

DSC03784.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

05-04-09Homegrown001.jpg

05-04-09Homegrown002.jpg

That is awesome Greg. The bunch actually looks pretty tight, there must be some sort of trick with the wrapper/binder though. :D How did it taste brother?

Well done! :thumbs: The crudest stick I've ever seen, but I am more envious of it than any other that has graced this board.

That is awesome Greg. The bunch actually looks pretty tight, there must be some sort of trick with the wrapper/binder though. :D How did it taste brother?

Strong as hell! :laugh: I'll say it did have a slightly bitter aftertaste, but initially it wasn't half bad at all. It kinda sorta reminded me a little of a Partagas. :)

DPG better watch out!!!! Greg's on the loose!!!

Not that I'm a seasoned Vet... but at the La Gloria Cubana Super Roll event we got to do the wrappers, and they actually had them decently wetted so they were pliable and stretchy, and had us stretch/spread them out as we rolled them on so that it was smooth and what not. Hopefully I get to learn more on my Rocky Factory trip in a couple days! They also recommended 3 wraps over the length of the cigar... don't know why though.
Chris

Greg,

I see a carer change in your near future. Greg Kingantz, torcedor extraordinaire, or torcedora if you prefer.

Is that what they call "toothy"? Very cool. I just read an article in an old CA magazine about a guy that decided to grow tobacco and make his own cigars. I think he managed to get 20 boxes out of it, and they turned out pretty well. Roll a box up and get some age on them, I bet they'd be terrific and completely unique.

Very cool... very cool indeed! I'm rather envious of all you folk that decided to grow some of their own tobacco. I just don't think the climate and growing season of Winnipeg would be all that friendly to tobacco plants.

Nicely done, LOL.

This is what I'm hoping to do with my crop this year as well.

Nice work Greg. Ugliest looking thing I've ever seen but as long as it tasted good is all that matters. :)

*Forgot to add, after you bunch them up and applied the binder, take some plastic wrap and roll the binder/filler up tightly like a tootsie roll. Let it sit and this acts as a molding phase. Then apply the wrapper and it should hold up better.

Very nice! Do you grow your own plants?

When do you start mass-production and how much will it cost us for a box of 25?