• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mississippi River Flooding

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
BD911922-2119-493C-85CE-82CDA9DB3EB6.png
I know almost no one here cares, as there are hurricanes and such, but the river is flooding and duck season starts for us on Nov 3rd and I get out to hunt quite a bit. I have a small duck lake near the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. It’s about 500 yards from the Mississippi and the hunting is normally pretty good. Great time to enjoy the outdoors and smoke a stick. Our levee gets breached at 31.5 feet and according to the chart it will crest at 33+ about 2 weeks before the opener. Big bummer for me. The road in is flooded at about 30 feet preventing access to the club. All this is expected in the spring, but not this time of year. The upstream river levees severely constrict flow causing the unusual rises at odd times of the year. Oh well, I’ll still have some fun this fall at some point. Just had to vent a bit.

Hopefully there is no catastrophic damage. I remember when I was in St. Louis last year the waters were just receding, and it was still pretty well over the banks.