• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opinions on similar cigars to the Montecristo No. 3

Thoughts

Forehead wrinkle king
I have not been in the cigar game very long, but one of my friends suggested I try a Montecristo No. 3 and I have been hooked! Nothing thus far has compared to the flavor and slow steady burn I get from this stick. I wanted to try a Montecristo No. 1, but its MORE expensive (don't roll your eyes, I'm probably getting 5 of these soon to try as an 'early fathers day present'). However, I wanted ya'lls opinion on cigars that may be similar to this cigar whether more expensive or cheaper to add to my list of must trys (haven't found many people around me that smoke cigars so most of my research is done online). Thanks!

If you need any preferences: Mild to medium cigars
Cigars I have tried and have not liked that may relate: Montecristo No. 4, Romeo y Julieta 1875 Exhibicion No. 3, Montecristo Classic Churchill, Oliva Connecticut Churchill (some of these may have no relation to Montecristo at all but I'm a complete cigar noob)

The best advice I can give is; get in on the newbie sampler trade. It’s not a trade so much as it is a pay the FOG for some killer smokes. Well worth the money you’ll spend and you’ll get a hell of a sampler that will broaden your cigar horizons.

Get in on the newbie sampler trade as was suggested. If you’re talking non Cuban Montecristo, yes they’re expensive for what you get in my opinion. If you like the flavor of Dominican tobacco, you’re better off spending your money on Arturo Fuente products, in my opinion.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank y’all for the advice! And I will have to check out the newbie sampler trade and Arturo Fuentes cigars

The #3 is about an inch longer than the #4, but same ring gauge. Surprised that you had such a dislike for the #4, but loved the #3.

I'd suggest cigarbid, but you have to be really careful, when dealing with that website.

Yes. I dunno what it is but I tried three of the number 4 and they seemed darker in flavor to me (not very good at describing cigars yet lol). I will check out that site!

Thank y’all for the advice! And I will have to check out the newbie sampler trade and Arturo Fuentes cigars
Fuentes got me into fine cigars and all these years later I still like many of them. Many age very well, too. I had a Fuente Spanish Lonsdale with several years on it about a year ago and it was wonderful. Most are med to mild in strength and excellent body.

Fuentes got me into fine cigars and all these years later I still like many of them. Many age very well, too. I had a Fuente Spanish Lonsdale with several years on it about a year ago and it was wonderful. Most are med to mild in strength and excellent body.
Nice. I will definitely be looking into doing a newbie sampler trade and asking for a few Fuentes at least.