• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Premium+ Virtual Pass

Also...as an aside...I just wanted to mention that it does seem odd to do NC for CC trades. Please don't misunderstand my statement, I'm not complaining at all. wkoti was kind enough to run this pass, and it is his pass to run as he sees fit. The only reason I bring this up is that IMHO, it corrupts the inherent balance of a pass that contains both NCs and CCs. By balance I mean the NC-to-CC ratio. In this instance, there is no rule to preclude those whose turn comes earlier in the pass to eventually swap out all the CCs for NCs, thereby leaving those that follow later in the pass no CC options to trade for. And of course, vice versa. I'm not saying that will happen, or that even those whose turn comes later in the pass would even care, but it just seems fair to allow all participants to have access, and the option to trade for both NCs and CCs if they so choose, if both types of cigars are included in the initial pass list. Just my $0.02...others are of course free to disagree.

Also...as an aside...I just wanted to mention that it does seem odd to do NC for CC trades. Please don't misunderstand my statement, I'm not complaining at all. wkoti was kind enough to run this pass, and it is his pass to run as he sees fit. The only reason I bring this up is that IMHO, it corrupts the inherent balance of a pass that contains both NCs and CCs. By balance I mean the NC-to-CC ratio. In this instance, there is no rule to preclude those whose turn comes earlier in the pass to eventually swap out all the CCs for NCs, thereby leaving those that follow later in the pass no CC options to trade for. And of course, vice versa. I'm not saying that will happen, or that even those whose turn comes later in the pass would even care, but it just seems fair to allow all participants to have access, and the option to trade for both NCs and CCs if they so choose, if both types of cigars are included in the initial pass list. Just my $0.02...others are of course free to disagree.

Dave I thought the same thing!

Paul

Dave I thought the same thing!

Paul

I assumed that if all the CCs left the list, I would add more as needed, based on demand. I also assumed that everyone who is involved would be kind enough to the other brothers not to wipe out the whole list and leave nothing left for the other brothers. But the whole idea behind it wasn't trying to leave me any better off than I started, but to give some folks the opportunity to try a cigar or cigars that they've been on the lookout for that either can't get it due to rarity, value, or origin. Some people can't get CCs, some people on the West coast don't get East coast exclusives and vise versa, IE; Casa Fuente cigars, or Smoke's Inn exclusives. Some cigars on the list are in a very high demand, and I know people are willing to give even the most sought after of cigars to get them, which allows another opportunity for others to obtain another cigar they've been seeking out. All I want was a $8 cigar for a $8 cigar, whether the cigar I traded away is going for $16 current market value or whether I paid over MSRP for them, I want to help someone/someones to fulfill a wish, whether it be a loss to me or not. It's my way of giving back to the community.

ETA - The main thought behind the NC for CC/CC for NC was noticing, all the aged CCs in Gavin's pass, it was hard to trade a CC from 99 for equal value, rarity and origin. I have plenty of sticks that would match the rarity and value, but not necessarily the origin.

Other than you single handedly taking down everything I wanted... They look good to me. Lol! Great picks and according to the previous convo I would think the differences shouldn't be an issue.

Since no cigars get passed live, it really opens up the pass for conversation on CCs for NCs.
We're all BOTLs, I'd hope that no one would attempt cleaning out the CCs and if they did there wouldn't be any offense taken if someone spoke up about it.

***EDIT***
Crap, I forgot to say, gtg on the P/Ts. I knew I forgot something...

^^^What he said!

Dave, the SI-15 is a Maduro and the HCS is the Robusto Larga 2010.

I can't believe I let a cheapie stick slip in, I had $8 written down in my notes for the HCS, but they are closer to $7.50, how could I? :blush:

^^^What he said!

Dave, the SI-15 is a Maduro and the HCS is the Robusto Larga 2010.

I can't believe I let a cheapie stick slip in, I had $8 written down in my notes for the HCS, but they are closer to $7.50, how could I? :blush:

Seriously CJ, you should no longer be able to run future passes! :thumbs:

The P/T's look good to me also.

Who wants to head this pass? I will relinquish my pass to someone more deserving. I have disgraced myself as well as my family. My name is tarnished and I will surely be banned from this website! :(

Dave, I think your puts and takes are good to go :thumbs:

Joe (Joebunaga) you're up, Jim (Yojimbo) start warming up!

I'd love to hear y'alls thoughts on the NC for CC/CC for NC subject!

As far as someone 'wiping out' all the CC's go, CJ can always say no. If it becomes an overwhelming trend that more CC's are taken than put, we can address that too, if needed. I just fail to see the need to spend forever making general rules to correct problems that may never arise. Specific rulings for specific situations are more than sufficient, much faster, and generally better, imho. The only important general rule is: Don't be a dick.

Alright gents, for your consideration:

T:FFOX Pussycat 8.75 P:Monte Petit Edmundo AT 9.20
T:Fuente Anejo 77 10.25 P:FFOX Robusto 12.00
T:H. Upmann Mag 48 EL 2009 10.29 P:Cohiba IV 12.44
T:Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig 12.00 P:Tat Wolfman 13.00
T:Little Boris 9.00 P:2005 GOF Robusto 10.00

Joe, I just have a couple questions. Is that a Cohiba Siglio IV? And where did you get the price on that GOF? What I mean to say is that I would love that stick in this pass but I think that stick is more like $20 and thats for the 2009's, the 2005's are really hard to find right now. Atlantic has them backordered at 19.98 a stick and smokeinn has them at 16.98, I think you may have your stick undervalued.

It is a Cohiba Siglo IV. I meant to clean up that post but for some reason it wouldn't save my spacing and in the interim I didn't get to make everything as clean looking as I'd like.

The 2005 GOF Robusto was purchased as part of a group buy here on CP late last year, and it is undervalued. However, $10 is what I paid for it. I was looking for a stick to match the rarity of the Mini-Boris that wasn't terribly overvalued and the GOF is the closest I came up with(based on what I paid versus perceived value). Technically it is a helluva an overput and I have no problem pulling it back because of that but I wanted to give it a try anyway. :)

It is a Cohiba Siglo IV. I meant to clean up that post but for some reason it wouldn't save my spacing and in the interim I didn't get to make everything as clean looking as I'd like.

The 2005 GOF Robusto was purchased as part of a group buy here on CP late last year, and it is undervalued. However, $10 is what I paid for it. I was looking for a stick to match the rarity of the Mini-Boris that wasn't terribly overvalued and the GOF is the closest I came up with(based on what I paid versus perceived value). Technically it is a helluva an overput and I have no problem pulling it back because of that but I wanted to give it a try anyway. :)
Ooh, ooh, ooh, can I go next?

I think the GOF might be a bit steep on the put for the last one. I would love to be the next in line though...

Put another Opus, or a Padron in the mix. CJ won't mind you putting in like 5 Padron 2000 for that Boris. :cool:

Very nice gesture Joe. I know that the Pork Tenderloins were $8 when they came out, but I've seen them being sold at 2-3x without even a question.

But that being said, I think the GoF isn't passing the gut check test, so throw something else in the mix buddy!

P/Ts V2

T:FFOX Pussycat 8.75 P:Monte Petit Edmundo AT 9.20
T:Fuente Anejo 77 10.25 P:FFOX Robusto 12.00
T:H. Upmann Mag 48 EL 2009 10.29 P:Cohiba IV 12.44
T:Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig 12.00 P:Tat Wolfman 13.00
T:Little Boris 9.00 P:2005 GOF Robusto 10.00
T:Tat Anarchy 10.00 P:Illusione Singulare 2012 10.25