• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

08 Pepin Lancero

puffstuff

I thought you guys might want to know this, as it's kind of interesting. I've never seen it done before. Senior Pepin asked me to return my last 40 or so boxes of 08 Blue Lancero so he can open them up and "rework" them. I guess he wasn't completely happy with them.
So I guess we will have 40 or so boxes of 08-1/2 Lancero.

Al

That's very intertesting. I've smoked all my 08's already. Good smoke. I'll have to try and get some of the "reworked" ones to see what that's all about.

Any idea what changes he plans to make, Al?

They were a little strong on the nicotine for my tastes before. I don't suppose he'll try to tame them a little in that regard as I seem to be the only one who thought so. :) Perhaps it's just my bodies chemistry with which they do not play nice.

I was happy with the original roll. :whistling:

When they come in be sure to let us know....I'm down....

Keep us posted. Love the Pepin's!

I have 5 boxes left...waiting to see what happens!

I did notice a difference between last years and this years. It wasn't a huge difference but not completely the same either. Maybe that's what he wants to fix?

Definitely interested in seeing how this turns out, I'll be down for a box for sure.

I didn't realise you had so many left. I would have bought more than the three boxes. Let me know when they come back. I'm in for more.

He forgot to add the weed.

I knew they didn't taste quite right!

:sign:

Actually I personally loved them as they were.
I found them to start off very mild but still having that blue label taste to turning into a bomb that kept getting stronger and stronger. The kind of cigar that could really knock somebody down if they weren't expecting it. I was very surprised, I thought it was going to stay pretty mellow and keep the hints of pepper throughout the entire cigar, it went from being just ok to being great by the end of the smoke.

If I can swing it when you get these back I'll have to pick up a box of the reworked stick. Right now is a bad time but by the time these are ready I may be able to afford another.

Would be interested in the re-worked and a few originals to taste test......

Paul

I'm among those who don't like the 08s as much as the 07s. There is something about them that I just can't seem to enjoy. They just don't have the nuances of the 07s. I'm hoping time will change that.

Can I send in my unopened box to be reworked?

Just wanted to let you guys know these are in. He completely changed the cigar, it's draw and construction are much better. It is very hard to describe, It doesn't taste like anything I've had from Pepin. Spicy, but not peppery, more like a cinnamon spice with a bunch of barnyard in the back round. Reminds me of a fresh farm roll.