• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1500 post contest for a fifer

jfields

Where did all my money go?
I was already posting like crazy. Then this war started and, well let's just say I was going so fast I missed 1,000. Hell, Jonesy had to point out to me that I just hit 1,500 this morning.... "Where the hell is the contest?"

Just wanted to say I really enjoy it here my fellow BOTL's & SOTL's. I have learned more here in five months than in my entire ten years of smoking cigars. I am much richer of a person for the knowledge and, the friendships I have developed since coming to CP. This place has exceeded my wildest expectations. I imagine what I have experienced is just a drop in the bucket compared to what lies around the corner. Thank you for having me.

So, here are the rules for my first contest here at CP.

First one to answer all of the following Brain Teasers wins.
You may post your answers more than once but, at the rate of once an hour.
Any edits on a post disqualify that post, not the member from trying later.
You must be a member of good standing (my discretion)
Other than that, the contest is open to all.

I will be away from the computer off and on today so, the first correct post in order is the winner.
GOOD LUCK!

1) Mr. Red, Mr. White, and Mr. Blue met at a coffee shop. One man was wearing a red suit, one a white suit, and the other a blue suit. After a short while Mr. White exclaimed, "Why, I just noticed that none of us is dressed in the same color as his own last name." "Really?" remarked the man in the red suit. "So?"
Can you figure out what color suit each man is wearing?

2) What do the following words have in common? (Hint: It's really not that difficult if you chip away at them for awhile.)

Sheath Pirate Ashamed Brandy

3) Mr. Tid purchased two clocks from Gordo's repair shop and set them at the same time. He soon discovered, however, that one clock was two minutes slow per hour and the other was one minute fast per hour. The next time Tid looked, one clock was exactly an hour ahead of the other. How long had it been since he last set the clocks?

4) RamboRitz was about to board a city bus with his newly purchased, five foot long novelty tooth brush. When, the bus driver informed him of a city ordinance prohibiting packages more than four feet tall. RamboRitz only had enough money to take the bus home so, he tried returning the toothbrush-but the store would not take returns. Five minutes later, RamboRitz was on the bus riding home......with the big toothbrush in one piece.
How did he do it?

5)Jonesy was in the "reading room" when he came across a word puzzle in the daily newspaper. After some active thinking, he solved it. Can you? It read, "Which is the odd word out and why?"
Here's the word list:

Brush Taste Shampoo Stench Flush Wash Seat

6) A deaf mute goes into a hardware store. H wants to buy a pencil sharpener, so he walks up to the clerk, sticks a finger in his ear and rotates his other hand around his ear. The next customer is a blind man. How does he let the clerk know h wants a pair of scissors?

7) A man goes to a party and drinks some punch, and then goes home early. Everyone else at the the party who drinks the punch dies of poison. Why didn't the man die?

8) Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice all live in the same house. One night, Bob and Carol go to a movie; when they return, Alice is lying dead on the floor in a puddle of water and glass. It's obvious that Ted killed her but, Ted is never arrested or Punished. How could be?

9) How quickly can you find out what is wrong with this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all. In fact, nothing is but, it is a bit odd. Why? If you study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows?

10) It's a scientific fact that a person eats over an inch of dirt at every meal. How is this possible?

11) If you went to bed at eight o'clock at night and wound your alarm clock to go off at nine the next morning, how much sleep would you get?

12) SaxJazzMan married 48 women. None of them died, he was never divorced, and he was one of the most admired men in town. How come?

13) A man and a woman go to the movies. While there, the man kills the woman and manages to get her out and home without anyone noticing. How is this?

Have fun! :laugh:

"You may post more than once but, at the rate of once an hour."

This should be a standard CP rule.

Good luck to everyone participating in this contest. :thumbs:

Nate

WHITE-BLUE RED-WHITE BLUE-RED

If you remove the first letter it is still a word.

20 hours

He held it horizontaly

Stench cannot be used as a verb

The blind man asked for them

They didn't die from drinking the punch, and he wasn't there when something killed them.

Ted is a cat and Alice is a fish

There are no contractions

We are always sitting or standing over at least an inch of dirt while we eat.

None, you went to bed, not to sleep.

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

I was already posting like crazy. Then this war started and, well let's just say I was going so fast I missed 1,000. Hell, Jonesy had to point out to me that I just hit 1,500 this morning.... "Where the hell is the contest?"

Just wanted to say I really enjoy it here my fellow BOTL's & SOTL's. I have learned more here in five months than in my entire ten years of smoking cigars. I am much richer of a person for the knowledge and, the friendships I have developed since coming to CP. This place has exceeded my wildest expectations. I imagine what I have experienced is just a drop in the bucket compared to what lies around the corner. Thank you for having me.

I will be away from the computer off and on today so, the first correct post in order is the winner.
GOOD LUCK!

1) Mr. Red, Mr. White, and Mr. Blue met at a coffee shop. One man was wearing a red suit, one a white suit, and the other a blue suit. After a short while Mr. White exclaimed, "Why, I just noticed that none of us is dressed in the same color as his own last name." "Really?" remarked the man in the red suit. "So?"

Mr Red: White
Mr White: Blue
Mr Blue: Red

2) What do the following words have in common? (Hint: It's really not that difficult if you chip away at them for awhile.)

Sheath Pirate Ashamed Brand

They all contain the letter a

3) Mr. Tid purchased two clocks from Gordo's repair shop and set them at the same time. He soon discovered, however, that one clock was two minutes slow per hour and the other was one minute fast per hour. The next time Tid looked, one clock was exactly an hour ahead of the other. How long had it been since he last set the clocks?

20 hours

4) RamboRitz was about to board a city bus with his newly purchased, five foot long novelty tooth brush. When, the bus driver informed him of a city ordinance prohibiting packages more than four feet tall. RamboRitz only had enough money to take the bus home so, he tried returning the toothbrush-but the store would not take returns. Five minutes later, RamboRitz was on the bus riding home......with the big toothbrush in one piece.
How did he do it?

Got on the next bus where the driver didnt say anything about the ordinance.

5)Jonesy was in the "reading room" when he came across a word puzzle in the daily newspaper. After some active thinking, he solved it. Can you? It read, "Which is the odd word out and why?"
Here's the word list:

Seat is the odd word out because it doesnt have S and H in it

6) A deaf mute goes into a hardware store. H wants to buy a pencil sharpener, so he walks up to the clerk, sticks a finger in his ear and rotates his other hand around his ear. The next customer is a blind man. How does he let the clerk know he wants a pair of scissors?

The blind man can speak. so he asked for scissors.

7) A man goes to a party and drinks some punch, and then goes home early. Everyone else at the the party who drinks the punch dies of poison. Why didn't the man die?

He poisoned the punch, then left

8) Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice all live in the same house. One night, Bob and Carol go to a movie; when they return, Alice is lying dead on the floor in a puddle of water and glass. It's obvious that Ted killed her but, Ted is never arrested or Punished. How could be?

Alice is a goldfish, Ted is a cat

9) How quickly can you find out what is wrong with this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all. In fact, nothing is but, it is a bit odd. Why? If you study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows?

10) It's a scientific fact that a person eats over an inch of dirt at every meal. How is this possible?

Dirt is depleted as it provides energy to vegetables or grain. The vegis are either eaten by us or fed to our meat supply. therefore the energy and nutrients in the dirt are transfered through us, and we arfe technically eating dirt.

11) If you went to bed at eight o'clock at night and wound your alarm clock to go off at nine the next morning, how much sleep would you get?

up to 13 hours of sleep, but there is a chance that i would not fall asleep or wake up a lot during the night, plus I dont know anyone who can actually sleep for 13 hours straight.

12) SaxJazzMan married 48 women. None of them died, he was never divorced, and he was one of the most admired men in town. How come?

He was the leader of a polygamy town?

13) A man and a woman go to the movies. While there, the man kills the woman and manages to get her out and home without anyone noticing. How is this?

They went to a drive-in

Thanks for the contest and Congratrs!

If you remove the first letter it is still a word.

20 hours

He held it horizontaly

He poisoned the punch and left.

There is no letter E anywhere in the paragraph

None, you went to bed, not to sleep.

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

Thanks for the Contest!

1. white in Blue
red in white
blue in red

2.all are still a word without their first letter

3. 30 hours

4. he turned it on its side

5. all are actions one can do save "stench"

6. he tells the clerk he needs scissors

7. The man who left was the cult leader (hahahaha)

8. Alice is a fish and Ted, well, Ted was a Cat

9. Nothing is wrong, but it's odd because there no letter "E" used once

10. There is atleast one ince of dirt underneath where a person is eating always

11. Well you would have to actually sleep to get sleep so ZERO

12. Saxjazzman was the town Preist

13. They were in his car at a Drive-in

Wow! Did I make this too difficult, well MMburtch has come very close. Just a few wrong and one of them pretty close. He just needed to whittle it just a little farther. Hmmmm! :whistling:

GOOD LUCK!

Mr. White is wearing Blue because he spoke, and the man in red spoke. Because different men were speaking, Mr. White must be wearing blue.

Thus Mr. Red wears white and Mr. Blue wears red.

Sheath Pirate Ashamed Brandy

They all are still words that remain real words when the first letter is removed.

20 hours

How did he do it?

He put it in a box measuring 4 feet high at least 3 feet wide, but not more than 4 feet wide, and however deep he needed to fit the thickness of the brush. The brush fits in diagonally.

Here's the word list:

Stench is strictly a noun, and not a verb as well.

6) A deaf mute goes into a hardware store. H wants to buy a pencil sharpener, so he walks up to the clerk, sticks a finger in his ear and rotates his other hand around his ear. The next customer is a blind man. How does he let the clerk know h wants a pair of scissors?

He asks for a pair of scissors

The poison was in the ice, which melted after he left.

Alice is a fish, that was in a bowl. Ted is the guilty being that broke the bowl/tank/whatever. Ted is probably a cat, but could be a dog with an active tail or a child with a bruised forehead and a new babysitter.

It does not contain the letter E, the most common letter used in the English language.

There is always at least one inch of dirt below the person, as in most places the dirt below a person, no matter where they eat, is miles thick.

The answer appears to be 13 hours, however, that is unrealistic. Going to bed at 8 and falling asleep at 8 are very different things. Additionally, I sleep through most alarms, so the question is bunk to begin with.

He was the priest/rabbi/judge that married the women.

Drive in movie theater.

Lots of good ones in there.

If you remove the first letter of each word you create a new word.

30 hours

He held it horizontaly

He spiked the punch with poison and left.

As much as you wanted because the alarm does not go off at 9 the next morning because you “set” an alarm, not “wind” an alarm.

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

Without rearanging the letters, removing one, two or three letters from the begining or end of the word still leaves a proper word

20 hours

He held it horizontaly

He poisoned the punch before he left

There is no letter E

One hour, a wound clock has no AM or PM and would ring at 9PM, one hour later

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

Two more right and, two still wrong. Think insdie the box. :whistling:

Without rearanging the letters, removing one, two or three letters from the begining or end of the word still leaves a proper word

240 hours

He put the toothbrush in a 3x4 box diagonally

He poisoned the punch before he left

There is no letter E

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

20 hours

He put the toothbrush in a 3x4 box diagonally

The punch wasn't the source of the poison.

There is no letter E

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

If you remove the first letter of each word you create a new word.

20 hours

He held it horizontaly

The punch wasn't the source of the poison.

11 hours and 59 minutes. Since it's a wind clock, you wind it for 9 am, then set it at 9:01 pm so it goes off when you want it to.

He's the Pastor.

It was a drive in movie

Thanks for the contest!

1. Red is wearing White
White is wearing Blue
Blue is wearing Red

2. In each word, without rearranging letters, you can remove one letter at a time and still have a word, all the way down to 1 letter, for example:
Sheath...heath...heat...eat...at...a

3. 20 hrs

4. put it diagonally in a 3' x 4' box

5. Stench cannot be used as a verb

6. The blind guys asks for them

7. He poisoned it after he drank some, and then left

8. Ted is a cat, who went after Alice the fish

9. No letter "e"

10. You are always standing/sitting over (meaning on top of) dirt

11. 1 hr

12. He is the minister/pastor/reverend/preacher/ship captain...

13. Its a drive-in movie