• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A great loss today... a great gain in heaven

PTownshend

big-nosed cigar freak!
Reaction score
Well, just got back with the wife from putting her Siberian husky of 15 (!!) years down. Keisha, the poor girl, had lived a very robust life. Her third home and owner, my wife Libby truly gave that dog a great life she would have never had with any other owner. She was walked every day of her life, save times when inclement weather and health issues prohibited such times. Near the end, she had some sort of intestinal troubles so she ate 80% fat free beef cooked almost on a nightly basis.

Just recently she had been having episodes with anxiety and nervousness; wouldn't sleep through the night; would make mistakes in the kitchen. Just yesterday she had the first of several seizures. We brought her to the hospital and things looked good for several hours until she started to have seizures on almost an hourly basis. Both the wife and I knew what we had to do.

I'll add a picture of the grand dame some time in the future.... its just that my hands are shaking too much and my eyes burning from brime to be able to find a picture that could do her justice. Maybe a bit later.

So, for those of you who believe in a life after death, or at least a good place for a well respected and valiant Husky to go in the afterlife, hell even a dog lover.... just say a prayer for this little lady. She no longer here, but she's everywhere at the same time.

We miss her dearly.....
Darren

R.I.P.

Its never easy saying goodbye to a member of the family.

My thoughts are with you and yours, Darren.

Shawn

It's always sad to lose a pet, a dog especially, i know how you feel. Sorry for your family's loss.

My heart goes out to you and yours. Man, brought tears to mah eyes reading/thinking about it. We wouldn't know what to do if we lost one of ours. I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss!

Greg

i dread the day i have to make this same post, so yo have my sympathies.

and by the way, i do believe in dogs going to heaven, but ill take it a step further. i can make a convincing argument that animals will talk in heaven too.

Thats rough man, I'm in a similar spot with my dog, she's 16 years old and I grew up with her but she's in pretty rough shape:(. My thoughts are you to you.

I know how you guys must feel. We lost a cat that we had since we got married (10 yrs.) last year to feline leukemia. Its hard to get over, but soon you will find another to absorb your love. Its even better if you can save one from the shelter or 'free to a good home' ad in the paper. We saved a couple of Siamese kittens that were flea ridden and nasty as can be. Took them in and had them all cleaned up and they are wonderful companions. They will never take Whitey's place, but they are very much part of the family.

Darren -

So sorry to read this. I went through it recently myself, and it's a huge feeling of loss. :(

I have an appointment in mid-December to have my departed friend inked on my arm so that she's always with me.

Hang in there!

Tim

Sorry to hear about that. I once had a black Lab that was my best friend back when I was younger. She lived to be about 13 or so whenever she decided to pass on. I haven't had a good dog since then. It makes me sad whenever I think about it. My prayers are with you.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, Darren. We have five little mutts, and how well we know, they quickly become family. Losing any beloved pet is a rough time. With time, pain will fade into fond memories. Hoping the transition comes sooner than later for you both.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Darren & Libby, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know that is was a tough thing to do but still the best for Keisha as I had to do the same with both of my dogs who were 14+ a couple of years ago. As my 3 year old niece says to me when I feel sad or down "Buck up!" then she smiles so big it makes me smile.

My thoughts are with you and your family during this time. Having recently lost a pet, I can relate. They really become so much a part of the family. There's nothing like the truly unconditional love of a dog.

Keep the memories alive and always remember how happy she was. You guys gave her a great life and she enriched yours beyond belief. It's never easy to say goodbye, but it's much better than having never known the joy she brought you and your family.

Hang in there.