• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A thinking puzzle

the man had the hiccups, the bartender pulled the gun to scare the guy and the hiccup's went away so he no longer needed the water.

You must choose between two cylinders. The are identical in size and appearance. Each is painted green. However, one is solid and made of a non-magnetic alloy. The other is hollow and made of gold. They both weigh the same, measure the same, and have the same density. You are not allowed to remove the paint. How can you simply tell which cylinder is made of gold?

You must choose between two cylinders. The are identical in size and appearance. Each is painted green. However, one is solid and made of a non-magnetic alloy. The other is hollow and made of gold. They both weigh the same, measure the same, and have the same density. You are not allowed to remove the paint. How can you simply tell which cylinder is made of gold?

Bite it? Or melt it.

If the gold cylinder is hollow it will float when you put it in water. Drop them in water and see which one floats?

Great thread!

Put them both on a necklace and give them both to a wanna be gangster, the one he wears around his neck must be fake!!! :thumbs:

roll them. The hollow one will roll faster because the weight is pushed out away from the center.

a cowboy rode into town on thursday, stayed 2 days and came back on thursday. how can this be so?

roll them. The hollow one will roll faster because the weight is pushed out away from the center.

All things being equal (friction, force applied), the hollow gold cylinder, when pushed, will roll farther than the solid one since its mass is distributed further from the centre giving it a higher moment of interita.

Good job.

King George IV was born in 1763. He was king of England from 1820 until his death in 1830. He was not a great king, but he did start a new trend in footwear. His boots were different from everybody else's. The innovation concerning his boots was copied and it is commonplace today, but at the time was very unusual. What was it?

Good King George had boots made for his left and right feet specifically rather then the custom of a boot that would fit either foot.

What is it that you ought to keep after you have given it to someone else?

A woman was horrified to find a fly in her tea. The waiter took her cup and went into the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup of tea. She shouted, "You brought me the same tea!" How did she know?

The tea was still sweet from when she had the cup before.

A woman was horrified to find a fly in her tea. The waiter took her cup and went into the kitchen and returned with a fresh cup of tea. She shouted, "You brought me the same tea!" How did she know?

They call me a man, but I will never have a wife, I was given a body but not a life, they made me a mouth but didn't give me breath, water gives me life but sun brings me death, who am I?

The tea was still sweet from when she had the cup before.

They call me a man, but I will never have a wife, I was given a body but not a life, they made me a mouth but didn't give me breath, water gives me life but sun brings me death, who am I?

Happy holidays... you're a snowman.

What is it that gets wetter as it dries?