• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A well stocked liquor cabinet would have...?

Vodka (one lower end and one higher end)
Gin (Tanquery and maybe one lower end)
Tequila (lower end for a frozen drink mixer, Cuervo Gold and one higher end, like Patron)
Scotch (Glenlivet, Johnnie Walker Red or Dewars and then a high end of some kind)
Bourbon (I'd go just high end here. Makers Mark, Knob Creek, etc.)
Rum (Bacardi light and dark and another higher end for sipping)
Jack Daniels
Jim Beam
Seagrams 7 or VO
Southern Comfort
Crown Royal
Jagermeister
Peppermint Schnapps
Peach Schnapps
Captain Morgan
Dry Vermouth
Sweet Vermouth
Lime juice
Triple Sec
Sweet and Sour
Grenadine
Simple Sugar
Angostura bitters
orange juice
grapefruit juice
soda water
tonic water
Coke and Diet Coke
7 Up

That should do it for a basic bar set up, ready to please anyone. Add higher end scotchs, bourbons or vodkas for special guests.
Oh and don't forget the Bud Light. :)

Ok... so if someone were trying to stock up a liqour cabinet, and wanted to have a decent sampling to please most people... what would it have in it? Nothing rich and expensive... it's not a wish list. But say a hypothetical someone was expecting visitors all summer long and wanted to play host - what should he have?

Things like:
Chieftains Cigar Malt Scotch Wiskey
GlenLivet 12yo Single Malt Scotch Wiskey
Hirsch Reserve Bourbon
Knob Creek Bourbon
Le Fee Absinthe
Havana Club 7yo Rum(getting low tho)
Capt Morgans Spiced Rum
Don Julio Anejo Tequila (x2)
Padron Silver Tequila
Jose Cuervo Tequila (mass quantity margaritas for block party!)
Osbourne Magno Brandy (Spain)
Kahlua
Kahlua Dark
... and assorted mixers are already in stock. Plus wine is well under control as is coffee.

But what else? And if naming brands, a couple would be good since this is hicksville USA and most things are not available here!! :laugh: And if anyone reading this is planning on visiting speak up now or tough luck! :cool:
Oh ... You're killin me!
What, no gin?

I'd get something traditional like Plymouth or Bombay Sapphire and then something to surprise people with like Martin Millers too.
Hmm ... someone tried to give him some Gin, but apparently it wasn't good enough for him. Hmmph!

Throw in some Beef Eater and you will be set. That stuff is so good straight. As for Vodka, pass on Grey Goose. That stuff is complete ass. Better off with some Stoli Vodka and not the flavored ones. Ketel One or even Finlandia Vodka. I had some old school Russian Vodka that a guy had that he picked up in the 1970's and I was guessing that the bottle was from the 1960's and it had made in the USSR on it. :thumbs:

Throw in some Beef Eater and you will be set. That stuff is so good straight. As for Vodka, pass on Grey Goose. That stuff is complete ass. Better off with some Stoli Vodka and not the flavored ones. Ketel One or even Finlandia Vodka. I had some old school Russian Vodka that a guy had that he picked up in the 1970's and I was guessing that the bottle was from the 1960's and it had made in the USSR on it. :thumbs:
x2

Words of wisdom highlighted. If you can get your hands on a bottle of the Zacapa 23 do so, good stuff.

Nate

Besides whatever mixers and flavored stuff you like you basically need a good and medium bottle of the main items.

Knob Creek or Stagg or Eagle Rare 17
Old Granddad 100

Smirnoff
Whatever

Bombay
Whatever

I know nothing about tequila so that is your choice

Speyside Scotch X 2
Islay Scotch
Something else like Bowmore or Highland Park
Johnnie Walker Black for mixing

Whatever else toots your horn.

Once that is done you can expand as you find other things you like.

JMHO

All very good recommendations. Here are my picks:

Vodka:
  • Finlandia - I'm not much of a Vodka drinker, but this is always in my bar.
Whisky:
  • Dewar's White Label - For regular use
  • Johnnie Walker Black - for yourself and close friends
  • Johnnie Walker Blue - for VERY special occasions
Tequila: (Search for tequila that says "100% Agave". That's the premium stuff. My compadre studies in Mexico and he has taught me a LOT about Tequila.)
  • Jose Cuervo Gold - for mixing
  • La Cofradia - for drinking straight up (no lemon, no salt) like its supposed to be. If its "100% Agave", it'll go down smooth.
  • Casa Noble - also for drinking straight up
Rum: (This is MY FAVORITE liquor, so trust me)
  • Don Q Cristal - The best white rum in the WORLD. Bacardi can not come close. I have taken bottles of this when I go to the states and everyone agrees. Its a shame that they don't have the capacity to export.
  • Don Q Gold
  • Don Q Añejo
  • Ron Barrilito - This is a gold rum. Very, very good.
Also, some Coca Cola and lemon for making a kick ass Cuba Libre (Don Q, Coke, Lemon).

Finally, in the US you have moonshine, in PR we have pitorro. You have to have one of this forbidden fruits in your bar.

Trust me on the rum. PM if you'll like some Don Q to try out. You know that "Toys for Tots" program? Maybe we can do a "Cigars for Rum" kind of thing. :D

Boricua