• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri

northmiler89

Alec Bradley Tempus Magistri

Wrapper: Trojes, Honduras
Binder: Trojes, Honduras
Filler: Trojes, Honduras, Nicaragua
Size: 54x 6 1/2

IMG_2019.jpg

The start: Nice and smokey from the first puff. Begining light on flavor and medium bodied. A little airy but leaves you interested to see what your next draw will bring. Great draw right off the bat. Hints of chocolate and lethers. Very smooth and brillianty smokey towards the end of the first third, still a lot of chocolate flavor along with some licorice and light leathery notes. One of the most different, sweet smelling cigars I have ever had.

Burn has a slight wave to it but is basically even.

IMG_2022.jpg

2nd Third: Still very medium bodied, while the chocolate flavor beings to fade to reveal a lot of orange peel/ fruity licorice and hints of leather. Cigar isnt very fond to holding its ash, which fell off and required a very light relight to be sure it would continue smoking well.. The body of the cigar starts to become stronger and feels like a true medium bodied cigar. Nearing the end of the 2nd 1/3rd it has developed a lot of leathery and buttery flavor.

IMG_2023-1.jpg

Final third: Very smooth and filled with a very buttery/ leather start. Reminds me a lot of the Illusione ECCJ in this final third. This cigar also smells soo different than anything I have had in the past, but absolutely delicious.

Burn has remained very consistant with light waves in the leaf.

This cigar is a lot different than the Tempus Centuria is smoked that was a much more full body, though also silky smooth. This is a phenominal morning/ early afternoon smoke that will bring you right into the middle of your day with its slow burn, lasting all of 2 heavily smoked hours.

Full of flavor but no doubt a medium bodied cigar which I would rate spot on with the 89/100 it recived from CA. While it is prone to ashing itself, it required no corrections and only one, light relight.

This is my first review and I figured my little point and shoot could properly photograph the cigar.. Definitally wrong. Ill bring out the D40 to keep track of things for now on. I missed a few things I ment to record in my notes and will be sure to include them next time.

Hope you guys go out and enjoy this one as much as I did!

Thanks for looking!

-Brandon

Very good first review. I haven't smoked the Magistri yet (only the Terra Novo and the lancero) but definitely want to give it a try soon.