• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Newbie

Thanks again all....

I am sure some sort of pass could hit ya over there.

That'd be great.... also I may start one so only my ship out and the final return has to go through military customs. Being APO means shipping is the same as the US, so that's nice.

It's been 25 years since I was there but I lived on BC street (If BC street is still there you know what I mean, if it's gone you have no idea what I'm babbeling about).

I definitely know BC street. I've spent many a morn..er...evening there. In case you are wondering, Whisper Alley is still here too... and it's proabably the same girls from '73 <grin>.

I live in Yomitan (on the beach between the Marina and Torii Station) if you happen to know the area. More specifically I am 1 block away from Devil's Cove on the river.

My squadron actually occupies the old SR-71 Squadron building on the FL, what a coincidence.

-K-

I can tell you a hell of a story about how 10 of us Marines were responsible for getting all the Marines banned from Tori Station. I had to apologize to the U.S. Army Garrison Commander in person.......lucky that I didn't lose any rank. Different era, they expected us to be a bit more, shall we say...."precosious" back then.

I know Devils cove and remember Whisper alley all too well. Too bad that you missed Hand Job Hanna, a legend there for over 30 years before she died. :p

When I was on Oki we were FPO and you say you are APO, why would you be attached to the Atlantic Post Office and not the Fleet Post Office? Seems kinda odd for an APO address to be so far from the "A".

When I was on Oki we were FPO and you say you are APO, why would you be attached to the Atlantic Post Office and not the Fleet Post Office? Seems kinda odd for an APO address to be so far from the "A".

Couldn't tell ya, but both here and in Korea I was under an APO address. I know Foster and teh other Marine bases are FPO addys, but Kadena and Torii are both APOs now. Could be AF Postal since our mail is flown out of Travis as it's port city in CA. Otherwise, no real clue.

The Marines on island are still precocious... and then some. But now they just get all the Marine bases put on Lock-down and 3 clubs in the BC area are off limits to SOFA personnel because there were multiple fights per night. There's a nice little gang of LA Marines going around thinking they are still civvies in the US and trying to be their own version of the Crypts on Oki after duty hours. Only a matter of time before they are caught though. they roughed up a friend pretty bad - 5 on 1 and since he was knocked out (eventaully - they beat him 3 times within an hour before he went unconcious) he can't fly for 6 months.

Anywho - enough rant.....As for Hand Job Hanna - we have some legends of our own (and some hand-me-downs) like the banana show. The thing with these legends is that as each retires or dies more step up to fill the void. Only now, most juicies are Phillipino's imported from Manila and Angeles (Pampanga).

-K-

Welcome to the boards...I was prior LT in USN stationed at Whidbey Island, WA w/A-6 SQD, WestPac'd on USS Nimitz...few Det's on Kitty Hawk. Spent time in the Gulf w/Desert Storm / Desert Shield. 90% of my Det's & Deployments were in the Pac Rim. Nice countries, cheap eats aside from Japan ($400 for Kobe steak dinner, drinks), goods, nice people

I wanted to pick up Guam as my first duty station but was sent to Whidbey instead.

Anyway, Welcome...you'll like it here...nice group of people.

Rnccen

Oki had some things going for it but nothing could compare to Olongapo City PI when Subic was going. They weren't called LBFM for nothing.

I've seen the banana shows, silver dollar shows, cigarette shows, and some others that have to be seen because you really can't describe them. where ever you have boys in uniform you'll be able to find some entertainment somewhere :D

AVB said:
Oki had some things going for it but nothing could compare to Olongapo City PI when Subic was going. They weren't called LBFM for nothing.
They still are called LBFM - and though the glory days passed with Pinatubo - enough ships pass through Subic and planes through Clark that it isn't all dead.

I've seen the banana shows, silver dollar shows, cigarette shows, and some others that have to be seen because you really can't describe them. where ever you have boys in uniform you'll be able to find some entertainment somewhere

I've caught most of those - generally pattaya is the place for shows now though. The oddest I've seen involved a straw and mini-darts...

-K-