• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anthony, you were right . . .

Yeah, let's move on and talk about those Mets....hehe

I went to Citi Field and watched Johan and Frankie beat the Cards. ...

I was at that game, too! Skipped out of work, and pulled my son from daycare for the day. Had a great time. Great game.

It seems that may be the last good game we play! Damn we suck big time. I'm thinking about calling Omar and see if I can play one of the corner outfield positions. I'd be an upgrade at 53 and I'd come cheap. I think I can hit a buck eighty at least. :whistling:

It seems that may be the last good game we play! Damn we suck big time. I'm thinking about calling Omar and see if I can play one of the corner outfield positions. I'd be an upgrade at 53 and I'd come cheap. I think I can hit a buck eighty at least. :whistling:

I got faith in you, Anthony. I read in CA that Omar likes Fuente stuff. Call him up and arrange a Mets Fan Herf so we can discuss the problems, and how we can get you on the field.

I'll be back at the park Thursday night. Friends of my wife have season tickets, and asked us to join them for a game. The plus side is, if it's as bad as it's been lately, I finally won't care about missing 2 innings to wait on line at Shake Shack or Blue Smoke.

I got faith in you, Anthony. I read in CA that Omar likes Fuente stuff. Call him up and arrange a Mets Fan Herf so we can discuss the problems, and how we can get you on the field.

I'll be back at the park Thursday night. Friends of my wife have season tickets, and asked us to join them for a game. The plus side is, if it's as bad as it's been lately, I finally won't care about missing 2 innings to wait on line at Shake Shack or Blue Smoke.

Man Blue Smoke was excellent, will have to try the Shake Shack next time. I will say this the food at the Phillies Stadium sucks!

As for Omar smoking, I've been wondering of late.

Man Blue Smoke was excellent, will have to try the Shake Shack next time. I will say this the food at the Phillies Stadium sucks!

Understatement! The only thing good about that stadium is the Liberty Bell when someone hits a homerun.

I'll do one better, Tony....I bet I can hit .235 tops!! I'll command a $60,000 salary. Mets are playing like a AAA ballclub

Understatement! The only thing good about that stadium is the Liberty Bell when someone hits a homerun.

I'll do one better, Tony....I bet I can hit .235 tops!! I'll command a $60,000 salary. Mets are playing like a AAA ballclub

Can you say Cyclones?

Mets are playing like a AAA ballclub

You got that right. They had the Bisons on SNY last night, and they were getting their butts kicked like the Mets do. At least with the Cyclones, you have a nice view of the water from the park. Might have to head out there next week. 12pm game on Thursday the 16th. Herf? :laugh:

You got that right. They had the Bisons on SNY last night, and they were getting their butts kicked like the Mets do. At least with the Cyclones, you have a nice view of the water from the park. Might have to head out there next week. 12pm game on Thursday the 16th. Herf? :laugh:

I'm getting back in from vacation that day. We get to arrange an outing to one of the games.

Lesson learned? Perhaps...

Here's one of my personal favorite posts, by a well established "fog" :rolleyes: (he's been here since '05):

While in the past year or so I've decided to stay away from threads where much of the drama took place because quite frankly, I got very sick and tired of it. I decided that I definitely didn't want to leave CP but knew if I kept reading so many threads where guys were bashing each other and constant conflict took place, that would be inevitable because it was growing tiresome to me. Because of my decision to be somewhat removed from the daily chatter, I don't have the specifics on what this former member has done in the past year or so. However, up to this time - since I joined back in '05, it has been quite evident to me (and most of us) that this action was long past due, which you even admit. As others have stated, definitely a good move but one that I believe should have taken place a while ago and stuck with regardless of what his buddies had to say. In the end, it looks like the end result was a good one and I commend you, Rod, on your commitment to make CP what it is - the best cigar community / forum on the net.

Back in '05, this particular individual started group buys with the same fervor and zeal as our current crew. ...and he also could not take the "insult" of being called on it. He was headed on a collision course, and the membership tried to set him on the right path. The concern then was much the same as it is today - what exactly was he bringing into the community with all of these group buys? Clearly - as of June of this year he still harbors ill will about not being able to have all he wanted without some governance...

orangy - you felt the compelling need to add this epitaph while you danced on CC's grave. In light of this latest debacle, do you perhaps see your faux pas a bit more clearly now?

Rod - you really should consider pinning the entire OR debacle for future newbs wanting everything here and now. It's an extremely valuable history lesson. And after reading the threads, if they still feel compelled to engage in this selfish behavior - having clearly been given Caveat Emptor - there will be no cause to whine when the consequences of their foolishness cause them extreme embarassment and financial loss.

If I make it down there, screw the game, I'm going to be taking in the views on the boardwalk :love:

If I make it down there, screw the game, I'm going to be taking in the views on the boardwalk :love:

Will you bring your machine gun? :sign:

Now why'd you have to go and encourage him! :laugh:

Now why'd you have to go and encourage him! :laugh:

He doesn't need encouragement at all. I prefer the view from the boardwalk :love: :love:

Here's one of my personal favorite posts, by a well established "fog" :rolleyes: (he's been here since '05):

While in the past year or so I've decided to stay away from threads where much of the drama took place because quite frankly, I got very sick and tired of it. I decided that I definitely didn't want to leave CP but knew if I kept reading so many threads where guys were bashing each other and constant conflict took place, that would be inevitable because it was growing tiresome to me. Because of my decision to be somewhat removed from the daily chatter, I don't have the specifics on what this former member has done in the past year or so. However, up to this time - since I joined back in '05, it has been quite evident to me (and most of us) that this action was long past due, which you even admit. As others have stated, definitely a good move but one that I believe should have taken place a while ago and stuck with regardless of what his buddies had to say. In the end, it looks like the end result was a good one and I commend you, Rod, on your commitment to make CP what it is - the best cigar community / forum on the net.

orangy - you felt the compelling need to add this epitaph while you danced on CC's grave. In light of this latest debacle, do you perhaps see your faux pas a bit more clearly now?

C'mon George, if you wanted to dig at theorangeman for what he said about Bill (in a thread you can no longer post in because it's locked ), why not just send him a pm. Why shroud your post with examples of what he did years ago so it looks like a lesson? You quoting him for what he said about CC doesn't have anything to do with what's going on now, even if you try tying in his past transgressions. This was an apology thread, not a thread to air your displeasure with someone who's not even remotely involved in this situation.

No, I'm not one of those that's trying to "change" CP or run anyone off so if you feel like flaming me for speaking my mind, go ahead.

He was tying orangeman to spivy. Let's not turn this into another drama thread.

I think Brian had a valid point though Ben. He was just stating the obvious when he said why drag up something like that from an old thread that was closed by Rod for specific reasons.
I don't think Brian's intent was to start more drama, just stating an observation. There are a lot of us that know and appreciate the wisdom of the senior membership, and the events/post over the last few days, hopefully drove that home to others. Good intent or not from George, I think Brian called it like he saw it.

I think Brian had a valid point though Ben. He was just stating the obvious when he said why drag up something like that from an old thread that was closed by Rod for specific reasons.
I don't think Brian's intent was to start more drama, just stating an observation. There are a lot of us that know and appreciate the wisdom of the senior membership, and the events/post over the last few days, hopefully drove that home to others. Good intent or not from George, I think Brian called it like he saw it.
I know there was no drama intended. We just have enough BS going on here as it is I think we can all agree with that. Let's make Rod's job a little easier in light of what's going on in the other thread.

Edit to say: Brian's my boy, he know's that.

C'mon George, if you wanted to dig at theorangeman for what he said about Bill (in a thread you can no longer post in because it's locked ), why not just send him a pm. Why shroud your post with examples of what he did years ago so it looks like a lesson? You quoting him for what he said about CC doesn't have anything to do with what's going on now, even if you try tying in his past transgressions. This was an apology thread, not a thread to air your displeasure with someone who's not even remotely involved in this situation.

No, I'm not one of those that's trying to "change" CP or run anyone off so if you feel like flaming me for speaking my mind, go ahead.

Yep, really makes no sense to bring theorangeman into this.

George - dancing on Bill's grave? Hell, he keeps trying to resurrect himself, if you know what I mean...

WTF Ben? I'm not trying to start any drama, the drama was started in what was cloaked into a lesson for us. By tying theorangeman to spivy, George was able to get his dig into him for speaking against Bill. Tell me how the quote the George is referring to has any meaningful purpose to what's going on now or for this thread?

WTF Ben? I'm not trying to start any drama, the drama was started in what was cloaked into a lesson for us. By tying theorangeman to spivy, George was able to get his dig into him for speaking against Bill. Tell me how the quote the George is referring to has any meaningful purpose to what's going on now or for this thread?
Brian, I was not saying you were starting drama bro. Read my next post.