• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anthony, you were right . . .

Lesson learned? Perhaps...

Here's one of my personal favorite posts, by a well established "fog" :rolleyes: (he's been here since '05):

While in the past year or so I've decided to stay away from threads where much of the drama took place because quite frankly, I got very sick and tired of it. I decided that I definitely didn't want to leave CP but knew if I kept reading so many threads where guys were bashing each other and constant conflict took place, that would be inevitable because it was growing tiresome to me. Because of my decision to be somewhat removed from the daily chatter, I don't have the specifics on what this former member has done in the past year or so. However, up to this time - since I joined back in '05, it has been quite evident to me (and most of us) that this action was long past due, which you even admit. As others have stated, definitely a good move but one that I believe should have taken place a while ago and stuck with regardless of what his buddies had to say. In the end, it looks like the end result was a good one and I commend you, Rod, on your commitment to make CP what it is - the best cigar community / forum on the net.

orangy - you felt the compelling need to add this epitaph while you danced on CC's grave. In light of this latest debacle, do you perhaps see your faux pas a bit more clearly now?

C'mon George, if you wanted to dig at theorangeman for what he said about Bill (in a thread you can no longer post in because it's locked ), why not just send him a pm. Why shroud your post with examples of what he did years ago so it looks like a lesson? You quoting him for what he said about CC doesn't have anything to do with what's going on now, even if you try tying in his past transgressions. This was an apology thread, not a thread to air your displeasure with someone who's not even remotely involved in this situation.

No, I'm not one of those that's trying to "change" CP or run anyone off so if you feel like flaming me for speaking my mind, go ahead.

Brian - I hear what you're saying, and I appreciate you believe it's bringing up an old issue that should not be brought up. I disagree...

You weren't here in '05 when orangy did exactly the same thing the newer crew did. The only exception being he did not end up burning anyone, or get screwed himself. But - he was WELL on his way to a disaster. The membership forced him to step back with all of his box splits and trading - much to his chagrin. orangy posted much of the same nonsensical rhetoric we've just experienced. And his "views" in the CC thread show he's still of the same mind - not understanding what the old guard truly contributed to this community.

My point in all of this - it's not what the individuals are saying - it's the attitude they're displaying. Say what you will - if "respecting" their position and "letting it die" is necessary to preserve peace at CP - what's happened is doomed to repeat itself.

Some of the things said in the past by the "gotta haveit" crew were uncalled for, innapropriate and downright discrespectful to some very sincere and standup people, whose only interest was looking out for everyone else. The crew (including orangy and dullaney) need to be introspective, and acknowledge (in words and deeds) that they took a wrong course by forcing the issue with the old guard.

...and the sad part - it's not likely to make any kind of near term difference...

and I should have listened to you and the others on the board who I thought were just being asses. I owe you and hereby extend my apologies for anything that I have questioned you about or any rude or otherwise inappropriate remarks that I have made. I made the mistake of taking a defensive position and refusing to listen to those with more experience. For that, I am truly sorry and hope that you are able to accept that.

Those of you who are new and want to question, go look over the recent threads and see the error of your ways.

Lee

Yup ...... so here's how it is. I'm done with offering suggestions to the new guys about "caveat emptor", done with the attitudes, done with the apologies after the fact, and done with being told when enough is enough.

This entire debacle reminds me of my kids .... don't touch the BBQ, it's hot ...... don't touch the BBQ, it's hot .... don't touch the BBQ, it's hot. Of course, what do they do? They touch it, get burned, and then say sorry for not listening to you Dad. It didn't hurt me, your the one with the bandage around your finger.

As someone once said ...... good luck with that bucky ;)

:cool:

and I should have listened to you and the others on the board who I thought were just being asses. I owe you and hereby extend my apologies for anything that I have questioned you about or any rude or otherwise inappropriate remarks that I have made. I made the mistake of taking a defensive position and refusing to listen to those with more experience. For that, I am truly sorry and hope that you are able to accept that.

Those of you who are new and want to question, go look over the recent threads and see the error of your ways.

Lee

Yup ...... so here's how it is. I'm done with offering suggestions to the new guys about "caveat emptor", done with the attitudes, done with the apologies after the fact, and done with being told when enough is enough.

This entire debacle reminds me of my kids .... don't touch the BBQ, it's hot ...... don't touch the BBQ, it's hot .... don't touch the BBQ, it's hot. Of course, what do they do? They touch it, get burned, and then say sorry for not listening to you Dad. It didn't hurt me, your the one with the bandage around your finger.

As someone once said ...... good luck with that bucky ;)

:cool:

On the money......

I hope that one of my dad's favorite phrases will come into play here as well. Usually said to my mom as I was about to do something foolish I was already told would not end well:

"Well, he will only do it once......"

This and the OR thread are examples of why I do my best to listen to the the established members.....

Tim

Well this turned out to be a very interesting tale. The twists and turns and the behind the scenes back biting.

Maybe we could sell the rights to Hollywood, we could become rich! Kinda like our stock portfolio :D

Well this turned out to be a very interesting tale. The twists and turns and the behind the scenes back biting.

Maybe we could sell the rights to Hollywood, we could become rich! Kinda like our stock portfolio :D

Yeah, the emails are still coming in! Should definitely get a skit on SNL, I think it's be a hit.

I think a whole show would work "The Real Enthusiastic Cigar Smokers of CP"