• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Guitar Players?

I used to have a few guitars back in the day, but then I realized I sucked at it, so they sat around for years until my daughter gained interest... Well lets just say, they finally got the love and use they deserve...

I used to have a few guitars back in the day, but then I realized I sucked at it, so they sat around for years until my daughter gained interest... Well lets just say, they finally got the love and use they deserve...
Well that's good! I hope my kid will one day play.

Haha I get that! I try and play at least 5 minutes everyday. What guitars do you own?

Damn. Its too late at night for all these hard questions...

Gibson
2003 LP Classic
1978 LP Custom
1960s tenor acoustic 4-strng
1993 ES-335
Melody Maker (it's covered in autographs and will eventually hang on a wall)

Washburn
N4 Padauk
J-something acoustic
J-something12 acoustic 12-string
Parker P-38 (import Fly model that is kitted as a Tele)
Prototype 5-string bass

Other
2007 Bernie Rico Jr. Vixen (the late son of the late B.C. Rich)
Goldtone 5-string banjo
Rogue Mandolin (it was cheap and I was trying to get into bluegrass at one time)

Amps
My main amp when I play is a Genz-Benz El Diablo 60/30 1x12 combo, which I love to death. I also have an original run purple 100w Marshall Vintage Modern head and cab, but that thing is too loud to fire up anywhere. I don't think it's had power through it in at least a decade, if I have to make a guess.

I think that's it. There may be more; I've bought, sold, traded, and given away more than I can ever keep track of.

Damn. Its too late at night for all these hard questions...

Gibson
2003 LP Classic
1978 LP Custom
1960s tenor acoustic 4-strng
1993 ES-335
Melody Maker (it's covered in autographs and will eventually hang on a wall)

Washburn
N4 Padauk
J-something acoustic
J-something12 acoustic 12-string
Parker P-38 (import Fly model that is kitted as a Tele)
Prototype 5-string bass

Other
2007 Bernie Rico Jr. Vixen (the late son of the late B.C. Rich)
Goldtone 5-string banjo
Rogue Mandolin (it was cheap and I was trying to get into bluegrass at one time)

Amps
My main amp when I play is a Genz-Benz El Diablo 60/30 1x12 combo, which I love to death. I also have an original run purple 100w Marshall Vintage Modern head and cab, but that thing is too loud to fire up anywhere. I don't think it's had power through it in at least a decade, if I have to make a guess.

I think that's it. There may be more; I've bought, sold, traded, and given away more than I can ever keep track of.
I'm jealous!! That ES-335 must sound so good.

I've been known to pick a song or two. My interest in the guitar started when I was very young. My older sister was a teenager during the 1960s, and she was always playing AM radio, or 45s, in her bedroom. My ear always picked up on the guitar parts; never the vocals, drums, keys, bass, etc. I knew at that young age I wanted to learn the guitar; that 'sound' was stuck in my ears, and my brain. Got my first guitar when I was about 9, circa 1970. It was a nylon string classical guitar, which was about the last thing in a guitar I wanted. Went to a music teacher for about one year, never took it seriously, and after a year, or so I just lost interest; not that there was much any way. I wanted an electric guitar, and I wanted the sounds of an electric guitar, not some nylon string classical dingus.

Not long after that I started learning cello, by default; I wanted to learn violin but the conductor said, "we already have too many violin players." Well rat crap; I guess I'll play cello then. I ended up doing the cello thing for four years; learned cello the first two years, then then the last two years I played in an 85 piece orchestra. After four years of playing cello, from age 11 to age 15, I got bored with it. That's when I went back to guitar. :)
Since I had the musical training I needed from learning & playing cello for four years, I decided to learn guitar by ear, and I did.
Cello notation is on the bass clef & guitar notation is on the treble clef. I refused to learn the treble clef; my bad but that is the route I went.

Between ages 15 & 20, I learned to play several songs, I bought & sold several guitars, and I sold a couple of amps. During that time frame I was also asked to join a couple of bands, which I refused. I saw how bands were very 'political' & I did not desire to get involved in the band politics crap scene. I pissed off one of the band leaders (Tommy) when I turned down the invite to join his band. Oh well. I've done a minor bit of recording but I mostly just work on technique & song structure; not so much theory.

In the past ~5 decades I have purchased right at 400 guitars, sold about 90% of those, sold all but one amp which I use for practice, and I still have nearly 40 fiddles. They stay in one room, a room which I barely have any space to navigate in. Yesterday a guy asked me for details on a guitar I have listed for sale & it took me 15 minutes just to dig the case out of a pile of guitars. I think I'm gonna be on the next episode of 'Hoarders.' 🤣

All of the guitars I currently own are MIJ aka they are knock offs, copies, replicas, etc. Been doing the MIJ thing for decades.

Here is a pic of me from June, 1982; I was 21 then. My sister came over that day & wanted to take a pic of me playing guitar. LOL
This was the first Strat I ever purchased. I played Strats exclusively from 1981 to 2001.
That is a 50 watt black panel bassman sitting on top of a slant front Marshall cab. Gee I wish I still had that set-up. 😂

June 82.jpg

Here is one of my favorites, an all mahogany (neck & body) replica of a 1958 Gibson Futura. This thing is a beast.

BFT-58M 9.jpg

I have one acoustic; it's from 1979, the same year I graduated high school. It is constructed with spruce, ebony, mahogany, brazilian rosewood (back & sides), abalone shell inlays, and MOP binding. All the acoustic guitar I will ever require. If this was a Martin I could buy a new car. LOL

1979 K Yairi.jpg

Here are two of several Les Paul types I have; these are my two favorites, in no particular order.

This one has Honduran mahogany body & neck, and brazilain fingerboard.

Momose MLS-STD-J.jpg

This one is just bad ass :cool:

Combat sun IN.jpg

Last edited:
Those are gorgeous! Especially that acoustic (looks like a Martin).

I forgot to add a couple of things: Table saws & dog attacks are terrible for your hands, if you are a guitarist. :oops:

In June, 2003, I was attacked by a full grown male German Shepherd. My left hand (fretting hand) index metacarpal was completely fractured with what they term a full oblique fracture. There are two stainless screws in there that are never coming out.
Also, at the top of the X-ray, you can see where the fifth finger (pinky) metacarpal & the finger are missing bone. This is (part of) where the table saw opened up my left hand, in June, 1983. It took the surgeon over five hours to reconstruct my hand. I had two additional surgeries over the course of the next 15 months.
I lost a good three years of playing time with those two 'accidents.'
If you play guitar, stay away from table saws & big dogs. ;)

HAND 2.jpg

the TV White LP Spc. arrived 3 weeks ago & the first thing I did was remove the Bigsby.

Looking to (1) keep the ABR1 & install a stop tail (2) 86 the ABR1 & install a wrap tail like a traditional LP Spc.

Purchased a short trapeze tailpiece until I can decide between the above options.

before Bigsbyectomy

# DTVW 1.jpg

after the Bigsbyectomy

Deviser LPSpc post Bigsby.jpg

the TV White LP Spc. arrived 3 weeks ago & the first thing I did was remove the Bigsby.

Looking to (1) keep the ABR1 & install a stop tail (2) 86 the ABR1 & install a wrap tail like a traditional LP Spc.

Purchased a short trapeze tailpiece until I can decide between the above options.

before Bigsbyectomy

View attachment 42095

after the Bigsbyectomy

View attachment 42096
You dont like the Bigsby?

I can't stand Bigsbys; had one before & knew after that one I hated them. 🤣
I played Strats exclusively from 1981 to 2001 so, if I really need that type of effect I can always grab one of the dozen, or so that I have here.

I purchased this LP Spc for the guitar itself. It is a custom order, no logo/no serial #, and it has an incredibly thin TV White finish, with completely open grain mahogany. After removing the nearly 13 oz. Bigsby the guitar weighs a toothpick light weight of 6 lb. - 11 oz. That is nearly as light as my Korina V. Once I have this LP Spc set-up I have no doubt it will be one of my favorite LPs; even more so than my carved top LPs.

I can't stand Bigsbys; had one before & knew after that one I hated them. 🤣
I played Strats exclusively from 1981 to 2001 so, if I really need that type of effect I can always grab one of the dozen, or so that I have here.

I purchased this LP Spc for the guitar itself. It is a custom order, no logo/no serial #, and it has an incredibly thin TV White finish, with completely open grain mahogany. After removing the nearly 13 oz. Bigsby the guitar weighs a toothpick light weight of 6 lb. - 11 oz. That is nearly as light as my Korina V. Once I have this LP Spc set-up I have no doubt it will be one of my favorite LPs; even more so than my carved top LPs.
Awesome! good luck with the build. You should post a clip once its done :p

Awesome! good luck with the build. You should post a clip once its done :p

Not a build, just a bit of hardware change.
Got the short trapeze tail piece installed but that is temporary; still going with a wrap tail. :)

About two weeks after my last post above I sold an awesome Les Paul I owned for 11 years.
Will miss it but have plenty more to keep me busy. ;)

SOLD May 18, 2021 ..............
Bacchus BLS-59 HB.jpg

Just picked up this Fender Deluxe Reverb Tone Master! Sounds great and playing at 0.2 watts is awesome.

Attachments

• tm.jpg
    tm.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 2