• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Any Guitar Players?

crappy phone pic of my latest fiddle; replica of an early 1960s Strat, with a couple of favorites in the back ground.
doesn't look like much yet it's on par with Fender US Custom Shop but without the multi thou$ound dollar price tag :D

# 1 Sonix ST.jpg

Love the sunburst!

I do like a good sunburst if for no other reason than to see the grain of the lumber used to make the body.
I couldn't pass on this particular guitar as the price point to quality ratio is just insane; 2 piece/center seam Alder body like the Fender US Custom Shop bodies, steel tremolo block & 100% all clothe covered wiring like a vintage Strat, nitrocellulose finish, and a very nice flame Maple neck.
My first Strat (40 years ago) was Artic White, and I'm partial to so called custom colors, as it were, back in the day.

Here is bubble gum pink metallic Strat with a matching bubble gum pink head stock & a candy apple red lefty.
I string the lefty for right hand playing. :D

2 strats inside.jpg

I've been trying to convince myself to crack a case here recently -- I've really been getting a hankerin' to play some guitar. Bass, too, actually.

Not a guitar player myself, but my father plays really well and has a small collection of guitars. He started playing only a few years ago when he retired, but he made really good progress in those years, and I am happy that he managed to fulfill his childhood dream.
He even has a collection of cool guitar picks from Iron Age. They are made of different materials like carbon fiber, crystals, and even agate stone. He uses a different one depending on his mood, and they make the sound slightly different each time.
I will show you his collection the next time I get to visit my parent’s house.

Last edited:
Not a guitar player but I’m a drummer so I’ll put this here any way. Here is my newest kit. Wanted something easy to transport View attachment 61256
My electric kit
View attachment 61258
And here is me playin at church
View attachment 61257
I always toyed with the idea of getting an electric kit (I don't play currently, and would have some, uhhhhh... challenges trying to start now). Cool setup, and nice weekly gig!

My latest additions (first guitar purchase in about ten years, give or take...) -- PRS Starla SE Hardtail. I've always liked these, but never enough to pay full price for. I found it for a steal on liquidation from a store in the UK, and even with duty and taxes, it was still several hundred less than anywhere else I could source one. It is without a doubt the most well-made Indonesian import I've ever had my hands on. I also picked up a little Fender Mustang 25 amp to go with it for here in the bedroom downstairs. It's not a great amp, but it does the job a practice amp should do.

1664868301299.png

Not a guitar player myself, but my father plays really well and has a small collection of guitars. He started playing only a few years ago when he retired, but he made really good progress in those years, and I am happy that he managed to fulfill his childhood dream.
He even has a collection of cool guitar picks from Iron Age. They are made of different materials like carbon fiber, crystals, and even agate stone. He uses a different one depending on his mood, and they make the sound slightly different each time.

Reported.

Though, for as many times as I've reported Hayden's posts, and he's still here...

@Rod

Please nuke this spammer. Three threads, all embedded spam, two of them c/p of each other in this thread.

Cool! I’ll post up my builds this morning. Gotta find pics.
@kann here are my builds this far. All Tele builds. The blackguard is my personal player and my first build. It’s got a warmth neck, but I made the body from white ash.

My second build is the whiskey barrel build. I made the body and neck from an old Jim Beam Barrel. The body was made from the lid and I epoxy coated the whole thing so that the top maintained the marking and the back is the charred, underside of the lids. The neck was made from 3 of the staves laminated together then shaped. What a pain.. great first neck build experience 😂

My fifth build is the white guard. One piece ash body and hard maple neck. This was my first neck build with this headstock design I came up with.

There’s a couple builds in between that were part of a collab with an artist that went sour. So I try to block them out of my mind 😂

My current build is near the stage of prepping the body and neck for finish work..

Attachments

• IMG_7048.jpeg
    IMG_7048.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9202.jpeg
    IMG_9202.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9205.jpeg
    IMG_9205.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 10
  • vc7FS9g-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg
    vc7FS9g-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 11
Wow, those are incredible! Each has its own vibe. I'm a sucker for a traditional natural ash Tele with black plastic or the OG butterscotch blonde. The whiskey barrel build is wild. What pickups do you put in them?