• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone ever been robbed?

The feeling of being violated is much worse than any possessions lost. It's tough to get over. Take care.

Doc.

Sorry to hear about that Alan. I have had my house broken into a couple times and many cars broken into. It is a very sickening and unbelievably frustrating experience. Glad to hear everyone is OK. Take care man.

Sorry for what happened. Good thing no one got hurt. If they were crazy enough to kick the door in, who knows what would have happened if your loved ones were in the house. It's frustrates me knowing this sh*t happens to good people!

Hi Alan: Glad no-one was hurt. We have never had any problems at our new home, but nothing is certain, as my wife had her purse stolen one time, right out of the vehicle (and we live on a farm so they walked up the laneway), along with some Tylenol #3 in glove box. the thought of having a strange rummage thru your personal stuff... gives me the shivers. People today seem to be hard up, or more brazen, im not sure what the problem with society is, but don't like the trend i am seeing, plain disrepect for others.

I have a law enforcement background...That patio door suggestion is great make the top pins to fit. A motion sensor light is always good, front yard AND back or side....make sure any outside bulb is difficult to unscrew. Clear away shrubs. We put the lights and television on loud when we go out (timer is also good). Cameras (CCTV) with a cheap monitor are a great idea too. Your home is only as strong as the weakest link (usually windows)... keep them secure, use Lexan or plastic film to reinforce. Tall fences (locked gate) are often overlooked. Keep valuables in a safe AND out of view, store firearms locked (i keep mine in a vault). I could go on all day on this topic,but really sorry to hear about the humidor... thieves don't care about sentimental value.

Good luck Alan.

Sorry about your experience, i've been through it and the feeling just fills you you with bad thoughts. I'm glad everyone is safe and secure, the feeling off being violated will also pass, and material things can be replaced. Stay strong! :thumbs:

Thanks again everyone. I'm really starting to feel the whole "violated" thing now that I've had time to think about it more. At first I went into "deal with it" mode contacting the police, insurance, and making sure my family was coping. A couple of days later, I really feel like shit. :(

Anyway, the door is being replaced as I type this and the alarm guy is coming this afternoon. Hopefully we can get this place squared away pretty well, but the reality is living on 10 acres in the wooded country makes your house a pretty easy target according to the sheriff's deputy. Given time, bad guys can do just about whatever they need to do unnoticed. We're lucky they just came in, took the most valuable stuff they could find on the main floor and left. I guess they have a couple of leads, but they won't tell me anything more specific. The investigator seems to be confident that they'll catch the people responsible, though. We'll likely never see any of our stuff again. :(

From now on you'll have to PM me for my addy. I'm taking it out of my profile.

I'm glad that you're getting your house locked up man, and I really hope the deps find who did this. As far as the target, on 10 acres (I am jealous, I'm in Cali where ppl are lucky to have 1 acre) it is big, but like everyone has said, your house is a strong as your weakest point. You'll begin to deal with it in time, just keep praying and keeping a vigilant eye...

Sorry for your loss Alan., but glad to hear you & the family are safe. Things can be replaced but security takes time, if ever. Keep an eye out, some of those items will turn up.

Just caught this thread.

That is assy man, sorry to hear about it.

It must be even more of a slap in the face when living out in the country.

Meth related?
That shit is the scourge of our country these days...

"Anytime you stop hearing 'sir' and 'ma'am' all the rest follows"

Just caught this thread.

Meth related?

That seems to be the case at this point. Another hit at another pawn shop this afternoon. Not THE shitbag, but a shitbag nonetheless. The investigator sounds pretty sure of himself now. He says they're on the right track. He says they usually wrap these things up pretty quickly or not at all. Hopefully it is the former. I really want these people to be caught.

Alan...

As you know, I feel your pain. The feeling is still fresh and it sucks!

I miss my Opus X dupont lighter the most... :(

I found some footprints out in the back yard...it's a longshot, but every little thing helps. I know I won't get anything back, just hope they can catch the fokker or fokkers, cause I want a review on those HTF Opus and other cigars!!!!

Just caught this thread.

Meth related?

That seems to be the case at this point. Another hit at another pawn shop this afternoon. Not THE shitbag, but a shitbag nonetheless. The investigator sounds pretty sure of himself now. He says they're on the right track. He says they usually wrap these things up pretty quickly or not at all. Hopefully it is the former. I really want these people to be caught.
Speed freaks ain't too bright. That shit turns your brain into swiss cheese.

Doc.

I noticed a while back that Atuck took his addy out of his profile, I think for fear of folks seeing his absurd collection and knowing where he lives. I took mine out a while ago as well, and certainly think it's a prudent move.

I noticed a while back that Atuck took his addy out of his profile, I think for fear of folks seeing his absurd collection and knowing where he lives. I took mine out a while ago as well, and certainly think it's a prudent move.

One main reason I have a POBox...

Just caught this thread.

Meth related?

Speed freaks ain't too bright. That shit turns your brain into swiss cheese.

Doc.

Yep... and while walking a neighboring farmer field, looking for deer tracks last fall, i found a very large bottle of empty ephedrine tablets, pharmaceutical grade (the precurser to speed), in an area that looked like it could have been a make shift-temporary lab, in an open field, less than a mile from our home! Now that leaves me feeling very uncomfortable to say the least!

Sorry to hear this news!

Lately around here it has been workers that have come to the house working in an area and have seen what is in the house. We have talked about it and said that we don't let any workers in the house unless absolutely necessary and then that is only to certain areas.