• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone know?

I believe it was a special cigar for the millenium, thus 2000, but somone else may know something different :).

Jim

I believe it was a special cigar for the millenium, thus 2000, but somone else may know something different :).

Jim
Well, you sent me one (robusto) Jim, thanks! It was an excellent smoke. I also had a pyramida sent to me from Neal. What I don't know is, who made them.
La Habana is on the band together with 2000 Millinia.

If I can get my hands on those robusto's again; name your poison. :cool:

Brian

Jim
Well, you sent me one (robusto) Jim, thanks! It was an excellent smoke. I also had a pyramida sent to me from Neal. What I don't know is, who made them.

Brian

It is my understanding that the Cohiba brand was in some way tied to the making of these, but again my info might be off. They are good aren't they Brian :whistling:.

Jim

Although that is a good guess, it doesn't explain a few other wrappers with similar numbers like Corojo 99 or Criollo 98. Anyone have any other thoughts?

I think the '2000' is an effort by the Cuban government to capitalize on marketing the tobacco as the "wrapper of the future" when it was developed in the late '90s. It wasn't as disease resistant as believed, so the other tobaccos you mention were later developed. I'd guess the numbers represent the years they were developed, but I don't know for certain.

I think the '2000' is an effort by the Cuban government to capitalize on marketing the tobacco as the "wrapper of the future" when it was developed in the late '90s. It wasn't as disease resistant as believed, so the other tobaccos you mention were later developed. I'd guess the numbers represent the years they were developed, but I don't know for certain.

My understanding as well. Also, the wrapper turned out to be somewhat fire-proof....which sucked. Overall, the H2000 wrapper was a disaster even though it was billed as the second coming of Jesus at the time.

Jim

Brian

Habanos came out in 2000 with a Millenium Blend. The pyramid was a Cohiba, the Montecristo was a Robusto, and there was a Cuaba Salomon.....ALL Millenium Blends that came in ceramic jars. None of these bands had the name of the brand, just "Habanos 2000-Millenium Blend"

So what kind of wrappers did they use on that Cohiba Barber-pole Millennium EL Pyramid that I bought down in Jamaica? :laugh:

So what kind of wrappers did they use on that Cohiba Barber-pole Millennium EL Pyramid that I bought down in Jamaica? :laugh:

Gonz,

LOL! That must have been that special release I heard about....bet they came in glass-top boxes!

It is my understanding that the Cohiba brand was in some way tied to the making of these, but again my info might be off. They are good aren't they Brian :whistling:.

Jim
The Robusto was excellent Jim, I was surprised. I didn't enjoy the pyramid as much though.

My understanding as well. Also, the wrapper turned out to be somewhat fire-proof....which sucked. Overall, the H2000 wrapper was a disaster even though it was billed as the second coming of Jesus at the time.
As mentioned above, the Robusto, IMO, was an excellent smoke. I would buy them without a second thought, if they ever crossed my path...nudge nudge, wink wink...LOL

Habanos came out in 2000 with a Millenium Blend. The pyramid was a Cohiba, the Montecristo was a Robusto, and there was a Cuaba Salomon.....ALL Millenium Blends that came in ceramic jars. None of these bands had the name of the brand, just "Habanos 2000-Millenium Blend"

Well there you go, that's very interesting. In this case and again IMO, the Robusto was far superior, Montecristo did a good job.

Brian

Jim
The Robusto was excellent Jim, I was surprised. I didn't enjoy the pyramid as much though.

As mentioned above, the Robusto, IMO, was an excellent smoke. I would buy them without a second thought, if they ever crossed my path...nudge nudge, wink wink...LOL

Well there you go, that's very interesting. In this case and again IMO, the Robusto was far superior, Montecristo did a good job.

Brian

I think we are getting confused here. The Habanos 2000 is the wrapper, not a particular blend or release of cigar. The wrapper was experimented as was described by Gary's post, but I don't believe it was used on any of the Millennium release cigars (jars). Maybe Bob or Wilkey can address this, but I think the wrapper used on these cigars was an older strain, not the H2000.

The habana 2000 wrapper was indeed an experiment, one that turned cigar wrappers into an almost fireproof asbestos blanket that, if you could keep lit, would always burn unevenly.

I think we are getting confused here. The Habanos 2000 is the wrapper, not a particular blend or release of cigar. The wrapper was experimented as was described by Gary's post, but I don't believe it was used on any of the Millennium release cigars (jars). Maybe Bob or Wilkey can address this, but I think the wrapper used on these cigars was an older strain, not the H2000.

HAVANA 2000 was the wrapper...HABANOS 2000 or Millenium Blend (both are written on the band) was a special release....no confusion.

HAVANA 2000 was the wrapper...HABANOS 2000 or Millenium Blend (both are written on the band) was a special release....no confusion.

Sorry to get technical, but the wrapper was called Habanos or Habana 2000, not Havana 2000 as Cuba does not use the word Havana since it is the English translation of Habana.

Also, the question was about the wrapper, not about the millennium reserve series as it is called. That is why I said there was confusion.

LOL, now I'm totally confused, thanks.

What I smoked was called La Habana 2000 Millinum (sp). The Robusto Jim sent me was/is fantastic. No burn issue, just a great cigar...no confusion about that.

Brian

What I smoked was called La Habana 2000 Millinum (sp). The Robusto Jim sent me was/is fantastic. No burn issue, just a great cigar...no confusion about that.

Brian

Sorry #1, but ya gotta keep up :D

The initial question was asking what the 2000 stands for in the Habana 2000 WRAPPER. Jim thought he meant the Millennium reserve cigars (i.e. the jar releases). I was just pointing out that the H2000 was a WRAPPER applied to cigars from late '99 to sometime '01, and not the Millennium reserve series. So hopefully that makes it clear as mud ???

Brian

Sorry #1, but ya gotta keep up :D

The initial question was asking what the 2000 stands for in the Habana 2000 WRAPPER. Jim thought he meant the Millennium reserve cigars (i.e. the jar releases). I was just pointing out that the H2000 was a WRAPPER applied to cigars from late '99 to sometime '01, and not the Millennium reserve series. So hopefully that makes it clear as mud ???
Thanks Mike! I'm a bit slow to react when it comes to technical issues and false boobs :laugh:

Brian