• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Apologies

Sweetie, david, buddy...

You are in the presence of some incredible advice and insight. You can do two things with it - dismiss it as "disrespectful" - or - abosrb it and use it wisely. I'd choose the latter if I were you...
thumbs-up.gif

EDITED TO ADD: Think what you may about Doc - his advice may be pointed and stings, but it is also wise and thoughtful.

It's the Cliffs Note version, all content and no fluff...........and grammatically correct too!

You know - as a kid, when I got a bit older and was feeling my oats - I hated it when the grownups sent me to the dreaded "kids table". And then - as a grownup - I took some pleasure (from a peace and quiet perspective) in sending the "kids" to the "kids table".

Funny how that just all seemed to have worked out that way...

...sorry for the mind wandering thing - back to the issue at hand!

Matty - very nice apology. No seriously! It is well written and heartfelt and all.. But I concur with others that are left wondering: If you knew you did what you did was wrong - and you wanted to make amends with the community for those past transgressions - and you knew what a bunch of wretched bastids you were facing - why did it take you so long to get your hat in your hand???

You know - as a kid, when I got a bit older and was feeling my oats - I hated it when the grownups sent me to the dreaded "kids table". And then - as a grownup - I took some pleasure (from a peace and quiet perspective) in sending the "kids" to the "kids table".

Funny how that just all seemed to have worked out that way...

...sorry for the mind wandering thing - back to the issue at hand!

Matty - very nice apology. No seriously! It is well written and heartfelt and all.. But I concur with others that are left wondering: If you knew you did what you did was wrong - and you wanted to make amends with the community for those past transgressions - and you knew what a bunch of wretched bastids you were facing - why did it take you so long to get your hat in your hand???

When it all went down, I dealt directly with the people involved an squared that away. I was not sure if I wanted to be a part of this community anymore. I wanted to give it some time and I thought about it and decided I wanted to make my way back in. So I poked in and looked at some stuff and Rod P.M.'d me.

The whole Secret Santa SNAFU was based on thing, my pride. I lost my job and was embarrassed. I drug my feet with the whole thing becuase of that embarassment (dont bust me on spelling)it screwed everything up. My kid was pleased when he did finally get his package, this does not excuse for how long it took me to get it out to him at all. I have grown up alot since this whole thing happened. This whole line of "why didnt you contact Norcal and just bit the bullet. The bottom line is that I just did not have the cajones to do it. And I fully accept responsibility for that. I would like to say that it will never happen again, but that doesn't solve anything. I do understand that my inability to bite the bullet caused all of this. I respect Andrews opinion and for the most part he is right. I am not looking to jump right back in and start making trades and whatnot, that would be presumptous of me to do that. I am not going to give a "poor me" speach and beg forgiveness, but I will admit that I could have handed things better, and for that I am legitimately sorry, honestly and truely.

Matty, the same thing happened to me (job loss), I emailed David (NorCal) and explained the situation, he removed me from the list, Secret Santa went on. Ya, it is embarrassing to admit a defeat or failure, but you know what, I didn't cause any bullshit to the SS.
What is worse, being embarrassed then or now? I say the situation now is much worse.
Apologizing is certainly a step in the right direction, good to see you stepped up.
Rob

Matty, the same thing happened to me (job loss), I emailed David (NorCal) and explained the situation, he removed me from the list, Secret Santa went on. Ya, it is embarrassing to admit a defeat or failure, but you know what, I didn't cause any bullshit to the SS.
What is worse, being embarrassed then or now? I say the situation now is much worse.

....and this is why, no matter how many apologies Matty gives, that this particular situation will always be looked upon as a total f*ck up.