• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you bombing for the right reason?

Are you guys really arguing about whose bombs are more pure? For Christ sakes, it's a cigar board not a religion.

Doc.

if the shoe fits wear it and i am not calling all bombing a circle jerk. Just the look at me ones and I am pretty sure those folks know who they are. I bomb regularly and ask that it not be advertised smokey kind of snuck one into the lobby on me and to be honest I was embarrassed to see it there.

Do you think anyone who sends out a bomb has special instructions saying, "oh, by the way, be sure to start a thread saying that I sent them to you!"? Who cares if people want to start threads about sending or receiving bombs...if you don't like them, don't read them!

21 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)
17 Members: insight, Mike33, humboldtflyer, SamClemmons, Jonesy, Double D, alexgtp, KayakinBoy, MX, grateful1, Boomer52, tone-ny, rudou, NorCalCigarLover, NullSmurf, Ernie111, Dave

:sign:

I was not going to comment again but I want to make it clear it is obvious what contributions norcal makes around here.So I would not assume his sig tag was his identity.

Well I am away all day and this pops up!

Bruce thanks for the post it makes one think about the purpose of a bomb.

Neal I was wondering where the hell you've been?

A very timely and necessary thread indeed - I bet this thread will change more than a few members posting habits.

A bit of Cigarpass history - we had a "Bomb's Away" forum until circa February 2004, which was described as "Planning an attack? Wanna get even with an attacker? Then come on in and start planning your coordinates...". It can be seen here as a sub-category of The Lobby.

Here is an early suggestion to dump it, due to the very same issues that are being discussed today : Link

I was not going to comment again but I want to make it clear it is obvious what contributions norcal makes around here.So I would not assume his sig tag was his identity.
With indirect jab #3 I've taken enough. I don't give a fuck what you think about me or what I do. If you feel I do things for recognition or to kiss ass, then that's your opinion. Like I said the last time you decided to crawl my ass over this subject me, I do it because I want to...not for any other reason. BTW, next time have the balls just to go ahead and mention my name instead of pussy footing around when you feel like calling me out.

But, Jonesy has not made any contributions, other than a bunch of bombs. Is that what you're saying?

Then you need to look a little deeper. I know a lot about the man (selfless acts) that has never made it on the public boards, and I'm sure there are a lot of other upstanding older members here that would vouch for that.

Jonesy why you may fit the description and you were one of the people i was thinking of you are not alone so why should i accuse one person of something when it is more than one. I intentionally did not make it personal by calling names and still will not I am sorry you feel so grievously wounded .

BTW Double D................Jonesy and I have not sent one PM between us on this subject. It's that obvious who your talking about. ;)

Well I am away all day and this pops up!

Bruce thanks for the post it makes one think about the purpose of a bomb.

Neal I was wondering where the hell you've been?

That's all I really wanted to do. Getting Neal to shut down his laser shit screen was just fortunate happenstance.

Well......Enerjay has been typing for a while. He must be trying to figure out how to spell BOMB! :laugh:

I have been trying to figure out what to say in regards to all this but... I'm speechless...

Are you guys really arguing about whose bombs are more pure? For Christ sakes, it's a cigar board not a religion.

Doc.

Pretty insane isn't it. Nice OP Bruce.

As to the rest, take the pissing contest to PMs Double D and Jonsey. I personally think your both wrong for fighting over this and will leave it at that.

Jonesy why you may fit the description and you were one of the people i was thinking of you are not alone so why should i accuse one person of something when it is more than one. I intentionally did not make it personal by calling names and still will not I am sorry you feel so grievously wounded .
I don't feel grieviously wounded, so don't make it sound like I'm being a bitchy little kid....you made it personal when you referenced me in the posts. It's quite obvious to most that I (even though you say "more than one" ) am the main one that get's under your skin resulting in your "bombing circle jerk" posts.

I'm not sure about the rest, however I stepped away a while back do too the name calling of members that is splashing itself around CP.

I have an opinion, only when no one agrees with what I have to say.

I have an agreement when my opinion is shared with others.

They are both opinions, just the same.

I need not attack some one because I disagree with him or her.

They are not me and I am not them.

This is what makes CP a great boarded.

Not the child like retorts that are thrown about.

Gentlemen, it’s not just newbs bombing newbs. There are well established and respected members participating as well. I can tell you based on pm’s I’ve had with some of the bombers as well as my own involvement in some ‘appreciation’ bombings that most, if not all of them are doing it to show our newest members the generous side of brotherhood. And though they may joke about getting “CP street cred” those that I’ve dealt with clearly understand and pass on to the newest of the new that it doesn’t work that way around here.

They also do it to make newer members feel more comfortable with becoming active in the community. True, there are asshats who get involved in these things for selfish reason, but they always get spotted and booted pretty quickly.

And most of the newbs who are involved in these ‘look at me bombs’ understand that a lot of gifts are sent behind the scenes and practice it themselves. Recently a group of newbs quietly piffed a box of cigars to some brothers planning a herf in another State and made sure to request that there be no public fanfare.

As to the rest, take the pissing contest to PMs Double D and Jonsey. I personally think your both wrong for fighting over this and will leave it at that.
I'm not fighting Shawn, I'm just defending myself. As to taking it to pm, Dale made it public, so there will be no pm's.