• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you bombing for the right reason?

Great thread bruce. Very insightful. Without reading every post how did this go from bombs to being about chearleaders? lol

Well, Ive got to run to keep from hiding,
And Im bound to keep on bombing.
And Ive got one more priority box,
But Im not gonna let them catch me, no,
Not gonna let em catch the midnight bomber.

Ahh Ray...

The one and only Midnight Rider.

Great tune, better play, as usual

Tim

Well, Ive got to run to keep from hiding,
And Im bound to keep on bombing.
And Ive got one more priority box,
But Im not gonna let them catch me, no,
Not gonna let em catch the midnight bomber.

I don't know if that was a bombing tune prefacing destruction, or for kicks and giggles? Either way, somebody better freakin' duck!

All I see is bombing is passing on the love we have gotten from other CP members I have bombed and I have been bombed and I will not stop! rp

RE-BUMP for my fellow Newbie Brothers. This thread is like a passage out of the Bible to me. Thanks again Bruce...

. . . woke up this morning
Packed myself a bomb,
Mama always said to find
The Chosen One.

She said: You're one in a million
You've got to bomb to shine,
But I was born under a bad sign,
With a blue USPS box in my eyes.

Heh. Lil' homage to Ray there. :cool:

~Boar

I congratulate those of you who eventually recognized the true reason for Bombing.

-Things I finding annoying: those who are skillful in trying to get people to give them bombs just to increase their inventory.
-those who do get bombed and then don't PIF once they are able to (even if it is years later).

I note the following just to throw the idea out. Try bombing in secret by crossing out the name on the package. And never posting you sent the bomb. I think it only right that if you are bombed you should publicly post you received it if you don't know who did it. that way the sender knows it got to you and you actually give a darn.

I like to read post of "I received a bomb-thanks whoever your are."

I haven't bombed anyone, and have still made some good friends here. If/when I do bomb someone, it will because I want to and they deserve it. That is all.

I'm too Australian to get real respect anyway :D.

I congratulate those of you who eventually recognized the true reason for Bombing.

-Things I finding annoying: those who are skillful in trying to get people to give them bombs just to increase their inventory.
-those who don't get bombed and then don't PIF once they are able to (even if it is years later).

I note the following just to throw the idea out. Try bombing in secret by crossing out the name on the package. And never posting you sent the bomb. I think it only right that if you are bombed you should publicly post you received it if you don't know who did it. that way the sender knows it got to you and you actually give a darn.

I like to read post of "I received a bomb-thanks whoever your are."

I really like this post, you are on the money.

I personally see these as a way to PIF between BOTL who have collected many a fine cigar, as well as a "stairway" down for noobs; when I first got here, I was bombed which helped me find smokes which I liked and enjoyed, saving me from the inevitable white owl grape disaster -- bombs like these helps noobs like me get up to the point of eventually being able to PIF. I wouldn't dream of bombing someone now, not because I don't have the extreme desire to do so multiple times, but more because I do not have sufficient inventory or high-end enough cigars worthy to send out.

As it's said about so many things in life: "The anticipation caused by waiting heightens the pleasure in the end."

You are missing out then. It isn't the money or how hard the sticks are to find it is doing something for the community. There are so many sticks out there that nobody has tried them all so sending out something that you like is a way to share and give others a chance to try something that they may not have had before. As with any gift/PIF, it's the thought that counts the most.

....but more because I do not have sufficient inventory or high-end enough cigars worthy to send out.

My question is... can you bomb for absolutely no reason? If there is no reason, can it right?

That's some quantum shit right there, man!

:sign:

I've been absolutely blown away by the generosity in this community...I had someone (identity still unknown to me) pick up a LARGE tab and buy sticks I'd ordered before I could work out payment details, without saying a word. I've had a random bomb find me way the hell out here in the desert...again, out of the blue. I've had a member that doesn't know me from Adam ship his end FIRST, and put up with my newbie flail on PayPal. I've had PMs at random times offering support, advice and good thoughts. I've had a fantastic time being part of the Newbie Trade, Secret Santa, a few buys and endless hours of hilarity reading the archived threads. All in a very short six weeks.

Do I bomb for the right reason? I sure as hell think so. I bomb (the few times I have) because I feel I owe it to all of you, whether you're my "victim" or not, to pay all this forward as generously as I possibly can. I'm surrounded by a group of people that I would welcome into my home and life in a moment's notice. I have no doubt at all that I can trust the type of people I see here. Is my bombing filling some selfish need in me? You bet! I bomb (and will continue) because of the sheer rush I get knowing that someone may be having "one of those days" and suddenly get mail letting them know someone else noticed them and took the time to think about them. I have neither the vocabulary or experience yet to be one of the truly hard hitters, but I learn quickly, and I'm learning more about our shared passion every day. I bomb because I like it, and I plan to continue at my pleasure.

Look out! You're probably next! ;)

Trey

Why do I continue read and post here?

1. Fellowship. I have friends here, several that I consider close friends. Cigars are the common ground.
2. Information. I'm amazed pretty much daily by what I learn here. Not all of it is about cigars.
3. Entertainment. I enjoy watching the interaction. I like the personal dynamics, and occasionally, the drama.
4. Charity. You know, bombs.

Bombs. That's the real focus of this post. I'm concerned that newbies are perceiving that bombing is currency, a method to buy the stairway to respect. If this goes on long enough, it will be. In the purest sense, a bomb should never be about the sender. I'd bet most of you would be shocked at how many bombs there really are, because many of them go unreported - by design. Hey, not all passes are posted publicly either.

The test is simple. Ask yourself who the bomb is for - you or your target? Did you fulfill something your target had not yet experienced? Will your target will appreciate you beyond, "hey, free cigars!"? What were the best bombs I've gotten? The first one - from Doc nearly two years ago introducing me to Arturo Fuente. Another was a handful of my daily smokes, ones I'd have bought anyhow. The sender no longer cared for them but knew I did, so he just sent them to me.

I don't want acknowledgement for the bombs I send. I don't want to offer that acknowledgement is bad - far from it. The first few times for me, I felt a rush when I read the thanks. For many, its part of the payment for the act, and sometimes its the recipient that needs to offer acknowledgement. It still comes back to the question of why you bombed in the first place. Was it about you, or about your target? Are you bombing for the attention, to kiss up to someone, or perhaps to "buy the stairway"? If you're new here, and you see an opportunity to fulfill the wish of a long time member or just to do something nice, don't be afraid to bomb. If the bomb is about you, well, we all like free cigars.

Yes, it is a good read...

image002.jpg
And with having to see another Beedog pic, I'm now done with this thread. My life is complete.

Stink

Shameless beedog quote