• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ave Maria

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
So I have a question about Ave Maria. I used the search and it came up with 7 references. One of which was about Oozing from the tip which scares me a bunch. I was looking at my catalog from my order of Devils Weed I received yesterday and they have an 8 cigar sampler for $50. Being the renaissance geek that I am I fell in love with the box and bands. I know what a total newb buying for the bands and box. The other references here never really said if they liked them or if they are worth the $6.25 a stick for the sampler so I wanted to see if anyone has experience they can share.

Actually im really curious about this aswell as I have debated buying this sampler also CI. I had trouble finding reviews that told me much of anything.

I got 5 of the Knights Templar (toro) last year for cheap, $10. The first one was nothing special and forgettable so I did just that forgot about them. About a month ago I tried a second and it was pretty good after resting for almost a year. It's a medium strength stick that went well with a cup of coffee, I liked it. I would like to try the Reconquista, but they are a bit pricy.

I bought (pre-order) a fiver when the were first released. I don't have anything great to say about them. But YMMV.

I had one a few weeks ago. I didn't really care for it and ended up putting it out around a third of the way through. Maybe you'll have better luck with them than I did.

I agree with Yesi. Had a few and seemed to me like a typical CI boutique blend. Fancy band, great description, lackluster flavor and performance. However, smoke what you like and like what you smoke. You might benefit from buying a 5er and end up finding something you really like. FWIW I'd rather blow a few bucks on a Padron 5er or a MF Le Bijou 5er.

Thanks for all the input. I think I will pass on them and buy more of what I already love

I enjoy the Solomons, whatever they are called. I initially tried a five pack of the Coronas and they were meh. Decided to watch CBid for some of the Solomons, as I'm on a Solomon kick, and picked up a fiver. I've since bought two more fivers. I like them for Saturday or Sunday afternoons while playing some video games.

The only one I've tried was the Reconquista and is was a GOOD cigar. If it wasn't the price that it is, I would be all over them.

I was gifted a few and it smoked well. I enjoy trying new cigars, and this was decent experience. Otherwise, I would not pay $6 for a Ave Maria. There are too many other options out there at $6.25 that would crush this smoke.