• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

bad taste (ammonia?)

cigar2347

So I am pretty new to smoking,

a month back I had a cigar, no brad name but something with a maduro wrapper from a sampler pack 6x52, I smoked it in 20 min(just recently I find out one is to puff slowly and keep the temp cool) and the next day woke up with this really bad taste in my mouth, it was the same taste of a few years back when the cleaning lady sprayed ammonia and I inhaled it and got sick.

now just last night i smoked a Vegas 5 classic and this morning again I woke up with that same taste but much much milder. Still where does that taste come from
does it ever go away?

at what point did you guys start appreciating the taste of cigars?

1. Why don't you fill out your profile so we know a little more about you. :thumbs:
2. Shift Key
3. It doesn't sound like you have any idea of what you're doing. SEARCH and READ my friend. I'd start out on the main page and start reading on the subject of lighting a cigar to smoking it, etc...The basics.

Not sure I'm much of a help but I have a feeling we can rule out toothpaste.

This is a common problem with the Gooch Clan. It might be genetic

Gooched by HA again? Wait, there might be something to this licking of beads.

I'm not sure about your problem, but I do know if you piss in the base bath it smells like ammonia.

So I am pretty new to smoking,

a month back I had a cigar, no brad name but something with a maduro wrapper from a sampler pack 6x52, I smoked it in 20 min(just recently I find out one is to puff slowly and keep the temp cool) and the next day woke up with this really bad taste in my mouth, it was the same taste of a few years back when the cleaning lady sprayed ammonia and I inhaled it and got sick.

now just last night i smoked a Vegas 5 classic and this morning again I woke up with that same taste but much much milder. Still where does that taste come from
does it ever go away?

at what point did you guys start appreciating the taste of cigars?

It comes from the cigars. They are organic and continue to change. Suprised you get this with the smokes you mentioned.
It will go away eventually....a few months maybe.

If I don't appreciate the taste of cigars...I stop smoking!

;)

Twenty minutes to smoke a toro cigar is nearly a world record time. Slow down brother. I have several friends that smoke 5 Vegas and they love them. Don't be in a hurry, relax and enjoy the ride.

Yea sound like you may be getting the smoke to hot at times. Are these the only 2 smokes that left a bad taste in your mouth? If so and you have had others that did not do this continue to smoke the ones that you like and tasted fine! Like grateful 1 said if you don't like the taste smoke something else.

If search thru the cigar lounge section you may find some helpful info. You can try using the search at the top of the main page but results may vary.

Good luck brother,

Paul

Ammonia is a by-product of the aging process. What you have is cigars made with improperly or insufficiently cured tobacco. That's all there's to it. Geez! As Grateful said, it'll go away in a few months. My suggestion, however, is smoke better cigars.

Doc

Yeah, just noticed you said you smoked a 6x52 cigar in 20 minutes. No need to look further. Unless your name is Hoover or Dyson...relax and sllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww down. That same cigar would take me over an hour to finish.

08-10-08CohibaSublimeEL04002.jpg

That pic alone sums it up if you ask me. Take some time relax and evaluate why it is your smoking cigars. I know for me I relax grab a nice stick kill an hour or so and de-stress, why rush a good thing?