• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baghdad BOTL WELCOME HOME Herf!

It was a superb time.

Also had the pleasure of going to En Fuego and meeting marcsheldon. Another fine BOTL and he really took care of us. It was great to sit down with him for hours and just smoke some 'gars and talk.

It was so surreal to be there. I can remember Marc on CP a while back talking about opening up a cigar store and getting ideas.....and there we were yesterday, sitting in it and enjoying cigars with the shops name on them. Awesome time and the En Fuego cigars blew me away. I ended up with about 7 I think. I honestly enjoyed the En Fuego Maduro Robusto more than the Graycliff Espresso I had, no kiddding.

So thanks again for all the great hospitality from the Texas BOTLs, it was a fab time. Also a big thanks to Swissy for the salman, halibut, and stellar beer. It was all awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the pics myself.

:thumbs:

I have to agree with Brickhouse! It was a wonderful time!

I was truely lost for words the whole weekend and trust me it was not because of all the beer!

This was my first herf and oh what an experience! Every one at Tobacco Road are top of the line! A special thanks to Preembargo!

Thanks Swissy! Your turn is coming! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
I have got to get to Alaska some time!

It was great meeting everyone from CP and the shops! True brothers and sisters! Hey Vin# let me know what you think about the power ranger!

I had the En Fuego Corojo and it was just as good! I should have picked up more of them! Marc it was a pleasure meeting you and you have a great shop!

Thanks to every one! :D :D :D

Maybe next time Brandon!

Maybe next time Brandon!

I'm sure there will be a next time. I'm currently searching out other BOTLs who are deployed from Fort Hood. I would love to be part of a repeat event about this time next year (except I'll be on the other side of the good cheer).

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

herftb3.jpg

Then I had the pleasure of presenting them with another gift that Swissy sent. I set a box on the table.... MSG Dean “tasman” Parks and 1SG Rodney “Outlaw VII” Byus dug right in, LTC Kelly “high-n-tight” Sandifer assisted as needed to keep things moving in a positive direction while CPT Wyatt “Brickhouse” Bickett surpervised and encouraged with exhortations such as “ Wow, that looks like hard work”.

herf1ig3.jpg
herf2ta4.jpg

After about 10 minutes, Rodney was able to break free the first of three bottles. About 5 minutes later, Dean was the proud owner of his very own bottle at which point Kelly demonstrates to us all why he is the LTC. He reached over and pulled the remaining block of hardened foam over to him, reached into his pocket and extracted a soldiers most valuable tool, a pocket knife with a bottle opener and proceeded to pop the exposed top of the remaining bottle and then lifted the entire block up to his face and began enjoying his prize. :laugh: Afterwards, they each shared with everyone around.

herf3iz1.jpg

Thanks Again to Everyone.....it was a great Herf.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Great pic's Kelly! I also noticed that after all of that, Dean and Rodney were still working on getting theirs open while you were enjoying the smokey nectar! :laugh:

The disk from the photographer wasn't ready last night, she said she should have it burned tonight.

where were Fox and I in that pic?

??? That's a good question. Where the heck did you go? :( You must have been taking care of a customer.

I'm worried, fellas...

Thats a most curious cammo pattern. Is it new? Also, where are your rank insignia?

:laugh:

Love the pics!! And I have to apologize... I didn't catch the 4th man from Baghdad or I would have sent 4 bottles :(

:laugh:

Love the pics!! And I have to apologize... I didn't catch the 4th man from Baghdad or I would have sent 4 bottles :(

No worries Jim there was plenty for every one! :D

I'm worried, fellas...

Thats a most curious cammo pattern. Is it new? Also, where are your rank insignia?

Whenever we leave the security of the local base, we have to observe Operational Security (OPSEC) and blend in with the local community. :laugh: :laugh:

I got the disk from the photographer last night. Even though she only took pictures in the early afternoon, she took a lot so it’s going to take some time to upload them all to Photobucket but here’s some more pic’s of the ‘Smoked Porter Ceremony’. ENJOY.

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf074.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf075.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf076.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf077.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf078.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf079.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf081.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf082.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf083.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf084.jpg

And some more:

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf085.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf086.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf087.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf088.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf089.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf090.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf091.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf092.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf093.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf094.jpg

And just a couple more: :laugh:

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf095.jpg

BaghdadBOTLWelcomeHomeHerf096-1.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

man this looks and sounds like a great time. Sorry i could not attend. This is one i was thinking about making a flight to attend.

Thanks for sharing the pics and welcome home BOYS!

:)

Thanks to the guys, I got a chance to taste some of that beer. That is the best beer I've ever tasted. It goes really well with cigars.

Brickhouse, tasman, high-n-tight, and Rod are a bunch of great guys. I enjoyed talking to everybody. They were like internet celebrities. You can tell they appreciate everything you guys did for them.

It looks like I missed out on some good cigars at En Fuego. I like Corojo wrapped cigars too. It looks like I have to make a trip down there sometime.

Hey Tasman, I'll let you know what I think about that power ranger. I would have smoked it at the herf, but I didn't want my guest to drool at me. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOVE the pics!!! great job guys...

I've put an album in the gallery and started adding more pic's. I just got the pic's of the Taboo girls and will start uploading them soon so check back from time to time. I'll post here when I've of the pic's all uploaded.