• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Banned Members

So Clint is the leader of the band? ??? :D

Edit to change my mind.

I nominated Greg to be banned.

1. He is a really good guy.
2. He is one of my best friends on here.
3. I wanna take him on in a knife fight.

Edit to change my mind.

I dunno why, but that just cracked me up! I buttah knife cutchoo! :laugh:

Thus far it is Anthem v. Clint v. King of Ant in the first CP knife fight to ever occur on these threads.

Losers are Ban Hammered for Life

What happens if you miss ???

Edit to change my mind.

I dunno why, but that just cracked me up! I buttah knife cutchoo! :laugh:

Holy smokes!!!!!! I almost burst in my pants.. I love knife fights!!! That's how we fight in Cuba, can I participate?
Greg I got your back brother.

After taking one for the team, the following is my official report as I presented it to Rod. Since so many Nosy Nellies seemed to think they had something to say about this, I thought I would share it here for posterity:

Rod, after attempting to log in Friday evening I quickly learned that you weren't kidding about banning me. I think it could've been handled better, personally, but that is neither here nor there. The following is what I learned from my weekend away from CigarPass:
1) I could only view the General Discussion section of the forums. Although I could view all content I was not able to post or PM anyone.
2) I discovered a previously unseen section of the General Discussion section entitled "So You've Been Banned". After being welcomed to the new section from Stogieman, I found my way around the well-formatted area and was reintroduced to a number of people I hadn't seen in awhile. I got in on a nice GB with Spivy and Bully's pass should be here next week.
3) I did appear in the Members Online area like I have witnessed with other banned members. I appeared as MoeCizlak (Pariah) which I hadn't noticed previously. Was this something new you came up with?

Overall it was an unpleasant experience. I felt like an outsider and missed the camaraderie I usually get when logging in, which I suppose is a fitting punishment for those that deserve it. I do think allowing me to consent to the banning would've stopped some of the piling on that some of the troublemakers seem to love. However, I do feel that I have done some good for CP. If you desire further research, please ask first and do it privately so as to avoid some of the ugliness that followed this time. Those are nice wax privets you have there and it would be a shame if a truckload of spiders were to find their way into them.

If you ask me, it couldn't have happened to a bigger asshole.
wink.gif

Moe - When a banned member attempts to login, they should not be able to access any data. All controls are disabled. I just made another change which should prevent them from even showing up in the active list upon login attempts. If you like, I can ban you and we can do a thorough test to see exactly what happens, and then report back here. If you want me to ban you, just email me at rod@cigarpass.com - and we can coordinate a time to do a quick ban. Let me know if you'd like to test.

2du0dgo.png

Tom,

If you would like for me to ban you, so that you can fully experience what a banned member sees, let me know and I'll be happy to do so. ;)

Rod

Tom should be banned because he is Tom!

Jeht2000 never got banned, can this happen? He did lay some bogus Partagas out there and said bite me to all.