• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baptism By Fire Pass

Hi All,

I just got back from out of town. I was going out to San Diego, but that trip fell through. I was still in the traveling mood so I packed up the wife and we went down to New Mexico for the weekend. I smoked on the way down, while gambling, while shopping for smokes, and on the way back home. I had a very nice weekend even if I didn’t get to go to Mexico.

I saw the mailing order and I can’t wait. This is fun, I love getting things in the mail. I will keep watching the board and waiting for the brown or white van of happiness.

-Mpass

got the box today! what a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig box :p
takes:
carlos toranto exodus
gonzales mini
cuban knockoff
the cigar torp
genunine
montecristo mini
AyC private reserve

my put:
PAN EXCLUSIVO
BOX WILL BE IN ITS WAY TO MISC. IN THE A.M.:thumbs:
WILL POST DC IN THE AM.

There is also a bag marked for P.B. :thumbs:

Hey MP, let me know when you are going to be in NM again, I live outside of Albuquerque {just north west} maybe we can meet up for a few smokes and some black jack?? I also have a log home in a Bayfeild CO. right in between Pagosa Springs and Durango maybe when my health permits we can meet around the old camp fire and fire a few up. :thumbs:

Hey JoeM.

That sounds like a plan to me. FT is based here in the springs as well. Let me know when you come up and we’ll light up “hurf above the clouds #1”. There is an awesome cigar bar here in town, 15c you walk down an alley to get to it. No signs just 15c on the door and a purple light above it. Very cool place.

Mpass

MP,FT, Sounds like a plan :thumbs: As I said, due to some health problems it is a bit hard for me to go on long journeys right now. But I would be very interested in a high mountain herf :thumbs: and will get with you guys as soon as I can ... maybe around the holidays, we try and have Christmas at the log home every year..... old fashion Italian Christmas, lots of food, lots of drink and of course lots of smoke.

Gonna have to add some services to the yurt, if it doesn't get here soon...

Let's see, I'll need a deck to smoke on, a fridge is probably a good idea, "facilities" (or I could just use the edge of the deck)...

I wonder if you need permits for this sort of thing :D

Hi Misc.

WTF <over>

FT told me what a "yurt" was but I need the rest of the clue bus to stop by. maybe it's the thin air up here I don't get the post.

:) :) :)

two men are walking by. I see the red car and I don't like it. Cops look at red cars.......

:) :) :0

Mpass

High mountain herf sound like the plan, not until spring for me so I can take my wing out west. Soar by day and smoke by that campfire at night. What a beautiful plan.

Waiting for this box with those party favors for my next Monday Night Football smoker.

Hot wings anyone?
Robb

MountainPasser said:
Hi Misc.
WTF <over>
FT told me what a "yurt" was but I need the rest of the clue bus to stop by. maybe it's the thin air up here I don't get the post.
In another pass, I said that I was going to set up a yurt near the mailbox to wait for the pass.

This pass is headed my way, but it might be a day or two.

Yurts aren't typically luxury accomodations -- I thought I'd upgrade mine, so that doing the pee-pee dance didn't cause any permanent damage.

Get it?
:lookup:

misc meets a woman:
"hey sweetie my yurt or yours" ;)

Hey, Joe, the cigars looked alright, or no? I think the pack job was fine, but I wanted to get it from the first participant.

Cigars looked fine. I repacked it in a smaller box with a boat load of packing peanuts.

MISC. ON IT'S WAY BUDDY!!! DC #03020980000265462904

It's been warm -- skip the yurt. I'll just sleep right under the mailbox :D

Ok, just to remind me...

This is the pass where we take out 2 cigars, replace with an equal weight of beetles from Tony's pass, then send it back to the guy who sent it to us, right? :lookup:

Just kidding. I think I can handle it.

Misc said:
This is the pass where we take out 2 cigars, replace with an equal weight of beetles from Tony's pass, then send it back to the guy who sent it to us, right? :lookup:
Exactly. May your yurt burn... JK! :p

Ok, box arrived, initial scan says everything looks good.

Seriously -- as I recall, this is a "take 7, put in a premium or two" reverse ratio thing. Then someone dropped. What's the correct "take" count?

Obviously, I'll do what I can to "make it right" with an appropriate number of puts of high calibur.

MPC: while you're busy posting the correct ratio, please drop a note or two about your tastes, I'll see what I can do to match them :)

Should go out tomorrow (Saturday), if I can wake-up in time to hit the PO ;)

Misc, living up to your reputation as a "helpful" member! :D

Glad to hear that all looks good. You are expected to take 8+ cigars (I say 8 because there were 50+ cigars to start with and only six passers. If you do the math, some of you guys will end up with more than 8. I don't want any of my cigars back, either! I have plenty of those (I went overboard on Cigar Bid). :D

Then you put one premium. This, to me, is about a $6 cigar. If you want to do more, feel free, though I certainly would not expect it. I really like cigars with thick smoke, enjoy torpedos, and my favorites lately have been:

1) Henry Clay H2000 wrapper
2) Montecristo ISOM (fake)
3) Genuine Robusto

Don't laugh!
:sign:

I can be cheap when it comes to cigars... I will tell you, Misc, I smoked another Hemmingway last night, and those just do not sit well with me. I didn't like it much. The ash is perfect, the cigar is not a bad taste, but it's so boring! I like something complex, though that #73 you sent me was a toughie. I am not a SmokeDog vet yet, so I am not ready for those real powerhouses. I am building up to it! :D

Thanks for asking Misc. If I ever go to Mountain View, I will be seek you out.

Ok, here's what I did...

* I marked all the cigars JoeM took off the list.

* I took:

#9 Acid Earthiness -- I've heard nothing but awful things about Acids, so I took the least-offensive looking one, and am going to give it a spin.
#18 Partagas Black Label -- currently my favourite cigar, I can't believe you're "unloading" these.
#20 Natural Green Hero -- smelled like a spice drawer. Not something I'd ever buy for myself, so I decided I better try one "on you" ;)
#21 The Cigar by Perdomo -- currently my 2nd favourite cigar, I can't believe you're "unloading" these. I was tempted to take 2 of them :p
#30 Fitipaldi Cameroon -- I'm trying to expand my cam repetoire, as I liked the 1st one I ever had.
#36 Astral Phoenix -- I've never had anything by Astral I didn't like. I can't believe you're "unloading" these!
#47 H. Upmann Coronas Major -- looked interesting.

Then I got to a problem -- the HC-H2000s I had, I had to send back, due to mold. And I don't have anything else on your list. Feeling guilty, I put a variety-pack. I know you're trying to reduce count, but you might just have to smoke one or two of these when you get the tupp, or something :0

Anyway, I stuck in:

* El Rey Del Mundo Flor de Llenza -- I haven't even smoked one of these, yet, but I've heard they're great. That's my "real" put.
* JR Ult Cab #50 -- a fine, complex cigar. You might want to let him rest a while, as it's a tad strong. You'll work up to it, I'm sure ;)
* Another Connie #733 because, dammit, everyone should own one! You can let him rest, too, until you feel ready for it.
* Duque Gran Duque -- one of my fave "very mild" cigars. Not terribly earth shattering, but a darned nice cigar, when you're in the mood for "not terribly earth shattering" :)

Ok, I'll pack this up and send it to Mt. Passer in the a.m. (Saturday.)

DC# 0301 0120 0004 0415 0546

Thanks!