• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baptism By Fire Pass

Misc said:
Well, shoot! Let me know who ends up with unsmokable cigars, and I'll do my best to somehow make it up to them.
After speaking with MountainPasser on the phone last night, it seems that only three or four cigars were rendered less than acceptable. There was plenty of room for error in this pass, so we should still get 8+ cigars for each passer. Everyone should receive what they expected in this pass.

If anyone feels that their contribution to this pass has gone unrewarded or that they are not receiving what was promised, please PM me. I will not tell anyone and will not complain that you are being picky. This will be kept "on the DL" I will do my best to replace your "bad" choices.

Most importantly, fellas, HAVE FUN! :D

I probably won't complain.
Plus, my cigarbid package arrived yesterday, now I have to make room for a couple more. Hmm, maybe Mcp will start another pass if we end up returning to many smokes.

Robb

Trust me, even a well packed (no movement) box can aquire the abilty to move while in the hands of the USPS. Have you ever seen what those guys do to those packages? The stopped going "Postal" and take out their frustrations on the Priority Mail packages instead.

Have you seen how Devin packs stuff? One box, wrapped in bubbles then placed securely inside of a slightly bigger box. Now that just might work for passes too, but the outer box might be hard to find the right size.

I have not participated in a pass yet that did not have a casualty in shipping. Luckily, I know how to fix em :D

PuroBrat said:
Trust me, even a well packed (no movement) box can aquire the abilty to move while in the hands of the USPS. Have you ever seen what those guys do to those packages? The stopped going "Postal" and take out their frustrations on the Priority Mail packages instead.

I have not participated in a pass yet that did not have a casualty in shipping. Luckily, I know how to fix em :D
Puro, thank you very much for that post. That makes me feel a lot better. As a rookie, I want to do my best, but it's frustrating when things don't go well, because, frankly, I want you passers to enjoy being part of my pass! Again, guys, if you have any questions or comments, please let me know. My personal phone number is in that pass folder.

:D

Well, it's nice that you say you'll take care of it, and it is your pass and all... but I feel very self-conscious about being the one who packed the box that arrived with damaged cigars. I take some pride in my cigar packing, and have scolded a person or two for their pack jobs (which is what prompted my "no movement" post in the first place), so I try to set a slightly higher standard for myself.

If anyone complains, let me know -- I'd like to participate in the making it up to them. Heh, they can have the unsmoked 3/4 of that Green Hero I took (word-up: a terrible cigar. You have to like flavoured cigars *AND* like these particular weird flavours. Full review in ASC.)

Just kidding -- but if I can help out someone who was going to pick one of the cigars I bent (I can't believe I busted an Astral! Damn, I should've taken it <G> I LOVE Astrals!), I'd be happy to do that.

Next time, I'll encase the entire thing in reinforced concrete before sending it :0

robbmt,

The package is all in one piece again and will be back in the hands of the 800lb. gorilla in the am. Tracking no will be posted when I get it.

I have the Astral I like them also and it should smoke just fine. Can’t wait for the right block of time to smoke it. Winter is coming and my smoking season is closing to a crawl. Only smoking at tobacco shops, the cigar bar, and the gambling halls. I love cigars but not sitting on a snow bank.

Mpass

:D the peepee dance feeling is creeping up on me!!

i'm not worried about bent and or slightly damdged gars.
they would still be somewhat smokable.
except maybe for that 3/4 of that green hero.
don't be so hard on yourself misc.

Hey, is that for me? Kickass! my first pass is on the way.
MP, I understand about the weather closing in.
However, I just bought this house (my first) five months ago and it has a hot tub out off the patio. So I'm stocking my box at home.

Otherwise I have to go to "my" walk-in humidor at the tobacconist down the street. LOL

Looking forward to looking over this box
Robb :sneaky: :sign:

Hey when I got home I found this box (wife signed for it) I should go straigh to bed but I had to see inside.
I won't be able to get this back in mail until Monday, but I made my picks already.

Indian tabac lonsdale
Acid earthiness/Def. Sea
lars teton shorty knockoff
fuego del rey Robusto
Ayc Private reserve
fitipaldi cameroon

Puts:
Ramon / Ramon
Trilogy Native Cameroon

Also a fair smoke for gws3 and that new house.

I'll post again when this goes out, thanks for letting me play.
Robb
:thumbs:

Robbmt said:
Also a fair smoke for gws3 and that new house.
really cool!!!! :D
peepee dance getting a little mor intense now! ;)

Alright, wheels set in motion for this thing to make it to Virginia.
Glen, somebody should be asking for your signature in a day or so.

usps internal tracking number: vb 072 594 581 us

Almost to fun to be legal.
Robb

cccaaann bbarelllyy ttyype peepppeeee dance ggeetting ssttrronggeerr!!!!

Hey McP, you said once before you didn't want any of the original sticks back. Does that mean I have to take ALL of the original ones that are left when it gets to me?? Cause I think that would require a few extra puts if I had to do that. :D

don't worry pb,i'll take all those sticks and you can make the extra puts, ok? ;) :p

just kidding :D

PuroBrat said:
Hey McP, you said once before you didn't want any of the original sticks back
Hey, you guys are the remaining survivors on the island. I don't want these back, so somebody better take them! Remember, one cigar each, brothers!