• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf, 2007

9-10 hours to get there might rule it out for me this year. Anybody in the Charlottesville area of VA, that seems to be a good half-way point.

google earth says approx 411 miles and 6 hours from York Pa to Walkertown nc.

Still a bit of a drive.

I really want to make this BBQ happen, I just know that come August, I will more then likely have to stay close to home. Hopefully we can get something worked out.

Well - I would say that would count me out - Coming from Pgh is about 250 miles to THG house - I do totally understand - You need to take care of the 3 littles ones first - Hopefully next year can be back in Wild and Wonderful -

Yahoo's Driving map shows over 8 hours plus I have Baltimore and DC to get around. Google maps is a different route but still over 7 hours.

google earth says approx 411 miles and 6 hours from York Pa to Walkertown nc.

Still a bit of a drive.

I really want to make this BBQ happen, I just know that come August, I will more then likely have to stay close to home. Hopefully we can get something worked out.

No disrespect to Erick, but how are your heads on carrying on at Dennis' house?

No problem bruce. I think you guys should continue on as planned at Dennis's house. I will try and make it, but the odds aren't good. It all depends on how jenn is doing around that time. I hate to miss it, but its better to keep it going and I could come the next year.

Long live the BBQ Herf!

Well I thought I'd put in my 2¢ - I vote for the same location! And based on the spread that AVB cooked for the Scotch/Poker HERF last year, I know we could put together something. Certainly not in league with HB meat, however, if we start drinking as early as last year I doubt many will notice. :laugh:

HB, how difficult would it be to do a genuine PIT roasting of a pig, or a few briskets, or?? I'm talking the type of PIT roasting were we dig a large hole, build a large fire in it with some nice hardwoods, wait for a nice bed of coals, season the meat, wrap it, and then place it on the coals and cover the pit, let it sit 8-10 hours and uncover it... I have enjoyed this type of meat in the past, help a few times about 30 years ago to accomplish it for a local volunteer fire department, and it was fantastic.

Just thought I'd throw an idea out there, I hope HB can make it! So, anyone have any experience with this type of BBQ'ing?

No problem bruce. I think you guys should continue on as planned at Dennis's house. I will try and make it, but the odds aren't good. It all depends on how jenn is doing around that time. I hate to miss it, but its better to keep it going and I could come the next year.

Long live the BBQ Herf!

I can't tell you how hard it was to make that post, Brotha. I missed the big event last year, so I have nowhere to go but up. However, for the vets, it wouldn't be the same HERF without the HB family.

you can build a pit pretty damn easy. all you need its some 10 inch foundation blocks and a grate to set the meat on. It would be fun.

found a good link

http://www.bbqlodge.com/bbqpit/bbqpit.htm

Thanks HB for the link.

Actually I was thinking of something more like these links refer to:

Pit BBQ

and another

Pit Recipe

Supposedly Jack Daniels "Spirit of Tennessee" cookbook has a similar recipe. Anyone happen to have that cookbook?

Edited to add second pit link.

Hillbilly, you are the man.....an important part of the BBQ Herf!! If you can't make it you will be missed.

I was afraid that Erick would not be able to make the 2007 BBQ Herf after his news. :( :( :( Erick, Jenn, and Murphy will be missed. But next year we can add 3 more hillbilly's on to the herf. :D

I am working on getting someone to do the BBQ for us. He will fix whatever we want. I am thinking ribs, brisket, and pulled pork for the meat. And cole slaw, BBQ beans, and corn on the cob for the sides. I think he charges around $15-$20 a head. If that sounds okay with everyone then I will get started on the planning.

I am also back to Aug. 18th, that is the best time for me and most of the others.

2 tickets please and I'd like to reserve the same spot I had last year.....................................really far away from super snorer :p

I was afraid that Erick would not be able to make the 2007 BBQ Herf after his news. :( :( :( Erick, Jenn, and Murphy will be missed. But next year we can add 3 more hillbilly's on to the herf. :D

I am working on getting someone to do the BBQ for us. He will fix whatever we want. I am thinking ribs, brisket, and pulled pork for the meat. And cole slaw, BBQ beans, and corn on the cob for the sides. I think he charges around $15-$20 a head. If that sounds okay with everyone then I will get started on the planning.

I am also back to Aug. 18th, that is the best time for me and most of the others.

Sounds good! :thumbs:

Who will be the lucky one that Shane flashes this year? :whistling:

I think the teacher is coming again. Soooo :rolleyes:

Famous quote "I wanna go in there and straddle him and bounce up and down!!"

Ohh the memories. The wife said she may be up for it this year! I may have to calm down.

-D

I have marked my calendar for Aug 18.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and playing some poker.