• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf **edited for details.***

Anyone up for a poker tournament one night? Seems like alot of people are going to be attending and I know several of us play poker in the CP room. We could have a cash or cigar buy in, or even both.

edit: rephrase

Anyone up for a poker tournament one night? Seems like alot of people are going to be attending and I know several of us play poker in the CP room. We could have a cash or cigar buy in, or even both.

CC, can we keep it out of the herf thread at least? Here, post your heart out...
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...=0&#entry333788

Demon6, can we keep your silly poker games out of the herf thread at least? Here, post your little noobie heart out...
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showforum=33

CC, I am talking about playing a game at the Herf. I can't for the life of me see how that could possibly be off topic.

Baltimore works for me!

-Rob

Hey Rob, I'll ride to Baltimore with you!

When are we going to Baltimore? We could take my wagon instead of Rob's sedan!

Sounds KEWL DOOD!! :thumbs: I like the smell of the leather interior in that baby!! Do you still have that dirty napkin on the floor in the front seat? If I ever ride in your car again, I'm gonna ask that you at least vacuum it. :laugh: It's got a CD player, right? EXCELLENT, party on Gary, I'll bring my Dropkick Murphy CD and I'll teach you all the words to "Rocky Road to Dublin" by the time we get to Baltimore. It's an old 19th century traditional Irish song and of course the Murphys play it REAL FAST which is neato-keen! Josh like the DKMs too, right Josh?!! :thumbs: Just to give you a head start, here's the lyrics to "Rocky Road to Dublin":

In the merry month of June, From my home I started,
Left the girls of Tuam, Nearly broken hearted,
Saluted me father dear, Kissed me darling mother,
Drank a pint of beer, My grief and tears to smother,
Then off to reap the corn, And leave where I was born,
Cut a stout blackthorn, To banish ghost and goblin,
In a brand new pair of brogues, go rattling o'er the bogs,
Frightening all the dogs, On the rocky road to Dublin.

One, two, three, four, five

In Mullingar last night, I rested limbs so weary,
Started by daylight, Next morning bright and early,
Took a drop of the pure, To keep my heart from sinking,
That's the Paddy's cure, When he's on the drinking.
See the lassies smile, Laughing all the while,
At me darling style, 'Twould set your heart a-bubbling.
Asked me was I hired, The wages I required,
Till I was almost tired, Of the rocky road to Dublin.

Hunt the hare and turn her down the rocky road and all the way to Dublin, whack-fol-la-de-da!

In Dublin next arrived, I thought it such a pity,
To be so soon deprived, A view of that fine city.
Decided to take a stroll, All among the quality,
My bundle it was stole, In a neat locality;
Something crossed my mind, When I looked behind;
No bundle could I find, Upon me stick a wobbling.
Enquiring for a rogue, They said me Connacht brogue,
Wasn't much in vogue, On the rocky road to Dublin.

Hunt the hare and turn her down the rocky road and all the way to Dublin, whack-fol-la-de-da!

From there I got away, Me spirits never failing
Landed on the quay just as the ship was sailing;
Captain at me roared, Said that no room had he,
then I jumped aboard, A cabin found for Paddy,
Down among the pigs played some funny rigs,
Danced some hearty jigs, The water round me bubbling,
When off to Holyhead, Wished myself was dead,
Or better far instead, On the rocky road to Dublin.

The boys of Liverpool, When we safely landed,
Called meself a fool; I could no longer stand it;
Blood began to boil, Temper I was losing,
Poor old Erin's isle They began abusing,
"Hurrah my soul," sez I, Let the shillelagh fly;
Some Galway boys were nigh, Saw I was a hobbling,
With a loud hurray, They joined me in the fray.
Soon we cleared the way, O'er the rocky road to Dublin.

Cut and paste these and print them out just in case I forget to bring copies for the road trip. This song is almost impossible to learn without a lyrics sheet in front of you.

Josh, you'd be up for a road trip too, right? Post here and tell me if you are cool with sitting in the back seat if not, we'll have to settle it with a best of three "Rock, Paper, Scissors" :D just like that judge had to do down in Florida with those lawyers who couldn't agree on some kind of court case. Did you hear about that? Well, I did from one of my attorney friends, what a hoot!

Lastly, we'll have to pick up Rob in Westchester County. Post here at least ten times Rob if you'd be up for joining us!! :thumbs: Rob, are the Dropkick Murphys cool with you for tunes or do you want me to bring my step-daughter's old "New Kids on the Block" CDs which may be more your style. :sign: Oh and since you're the last guy in the car you have no right to shotgun, that will be settled between Josh and I via Rock, Paper, Scissors as previously outlined in the last paragraph but if you missed it, I can explaint it all again. So let's here from you other two Connecticut guys and all CigarPass real estate agents who live in Westchester County:

ROAD TRIP

Ya know, when I travel through New Jersey, I like to take exit 7 off of the New Jersey Turnpike, at least I THINK it's exit 7, whatever, it's the one that goes to Trenton. If you follow that road for a short while, you come to Route 295 which get this IS FREE, NO TOLLS which means more money for us to buy Piels Light with onxe we get to West Virginia. Fuken A, huh? :thumbs: The rest stops on Route 295 are a hell of a lot cleaner than the ones on the New Jersey Turnpike so trust me on this one, Route 295 is the way to go. Most of the dumbass tourists from New England stay on The New Jersey Turnpike which means it always has more traffic than Route 295 (moron out of staters) :rolleyes:

OH we GOTTA remeber to have someone bring his SpeedPass so we don't waste time in the lines at the toll booth, man I HATE that. :angry: So be sure as we get closer to the day that one of you clowns reminds me or someone, yeah, that's it, we'll draw cigars and the guy who draws the dog rocket has to bring HIS SpeedPass to finance the tolls. HOLD the phone, I have some extra Garden State Parkway tokens left over from when I drove down to New Jersey in 1982 to see one of my fraternity brothers, Mike Baldassarri. He's from Parsippany, and he's was one of my best friends in college. Last I heard, he's working on a light crew for BIG concerts like Boy George, Prince and some other ones like that. Anyway, Mike's a cool guy but, oh sorry, I got off track, any of you guys know if the Garden State Parkway tokens I have from oh, I dunno, 1983 still work in the tolls on that road? If they do, we could save a couple of bucks on toll money by using these old tokens. I was thinking os listing them on eBay to see what I could get for them and use the money to buy more cigars. :thumbs:

We should all probably figure out what day we're leaving and what time. The way I figure it, the trip from my house to West Virginia is around nine hours, give or take time for piss breaks, food breaks and time for horseplay in the rest stop parking lot and OH YEAH maybe a ceegar or four!

My schedule is pretty flexible, how about yours Gary? What about you Josh? Oh and sorry Rob, I'd ask about you but tough noogies for you, you'll have to adjust your schedule to what ever we come up with, kinda like how you don't have dibs on riding shotgun. :sign: Sorry sucka! :laugh:

So you guys post here. You'll have to post here because no one can call me, my answering machine broke. I think it musta been that last tunder storm we had because ever since then, it hasn't worked :( Actually, now that I think about it, it MIGHT have something to do with when I run my central air conditioning system in my house, EVerytime the compresson comes on, there's a huge voltage drop and the phone flickers and loses its signal just like when the power goes out. :0 Maybe that has something to do with why it's fooked up. Anyone know anything about house wiring?

So anyway, post here and let's get the sshow on the road.!.? :thumbs:

Baltimore works for me!

-Rob

Hey Rob, I'll ride to Baltimore with you!

When are we going to Baltimore? We could take my wagon instead of Rob's sedan!

Sounds KEWL DOOD!! :thumbs: I like the smell of the leather interior in that baby!! Do you still have that dirty napkin on the floor in the front seat? If I ever ride in your car again, I'm gonna ask that you at least vacuum it. :laugh: It's got a CD player, right? EXCELLENT, party on Gary, I'll bring my Dropkick Murphy CD and I'll teach you all the words to "Rocky Road to Dublin" by the time we get to Baltimore. It's an old 19th century traditional Irish song and of course the Murphys play it REAL FAST which is neato-keen! Josh like the DKMs too, right Josh?!! :thumbs: Just to give you a head start, here's the lyrics to "Rocky Road to Dublin":

In the merry month of June, From my home I started,
Left the girls of Tuam, Nearly broken hearted,
Saluted me father dear, Kissed me darling mother,
Drank a pint of beer, My grief and tears to smother,
Then off to reap the corn, And leave where I was born,
Cut a stout blackthorn, To banish ghost and goblin,
In a brand new pair of brogues, go rattling o'er the bogs,
Frightening all the dogs, On the rocky road to Dublin.

In Mullingar last night, I rested limbs so weary,
Started by daylight, Next morning bright and early,
Took a drop of the pure, To keep my heart from sinking,
That's the Paddy's cure, When he's on the drinking.
See the lassies smile, Laughing all the while,
At me darling style, 'Twould set your heart a-bubbling.
Asked me was I hired, The wages I required,
Till I was almost tired, Of the rocky road to Dublin.

In Dublin next arrived, I thought it such a pity,
To be so soon deprived, A view of that fine city.
Decided to take a stroll, All among the quality,
My bundle it was stole, In a neat locality;
Something crossed my mind, When I looked behind;
No bundle could I find, Upon me stick a wobbling.
Enquiring for a rogue, They said me Connacht brogue,
Wasn't much in vogue, On the rocky road to Dublin.

From there I got away, Me spirits never failing
Landed on the quay just as the ship was sailing;
Captain at me roared, Said that no room had he,
then I jumped aboard, A cabin found for Paddy,
Down among the pigs played some funny rigs,
Danced some hearty jigs, The water round me bubbling,
When off to Holyhead, Wished myself was dead,
Or better far instead, On the rocky road to Dublin.

The boys of Liverpool, When we safely landed,
Called meself a fool; I could no longer stand it;
Blood began to boil, Temper I was losing,
Poor old Erin's isle They began abusing,
"Hurrah my soul," sez I, Let the shillelagh fly;
Some Galway boys were nigh, Saw I was a hobbling,
With a loud hurray, They joined me in the fray.
Soon we cleared the way, O'er the rocky road to Dublin.

Cut and paste these and print them out just in case I forget to bring copies for the road trip. This song is almost impossible to learn without a lyrics sheet in front of you.

Josh, you'd be up for a road trip too, right? Post here and tell me if you are cool with sitting in the back seat if not, we'll have to settle it with a best of three "Rock, Paper, Scissors" :D just like that judge had to do down in Florida with those lawyers who couldn't agree on some kind of court case. Did you hear about that? Well, I did from one of my attorney friends, what a hoot!

Lastly, we'll have to pick up Rob in Westchester County. Post here at least ten times Rob if you'd be up for joining us!! :thumbs: Rob, are the Dropkick Murphys cool with you for tunes or do you want me to bring my step-daughter's old "New Kids on the Block" CDs which may be more your style. :sign: Oh and since you're the last guy in the car you have no right to shotgun, that will be settled between Josh and I via Rock, Paper, Scissors as previously outlined in the last paragraph but if you missed it, I can explaint it all again. So let's here from you other two Connecticut guys and all CigarPass real estate agents who live in Westchester County:

ROAD TRIP

Ya know, when I travel through New Jersey, I like to take exit 7 off of the New Jersey Turnpike, at least I THINK it's exit 7, whatever, it's the one that goes to Trenton. If you follow that road for a short while, you come to Route 295 which get this IS FREE, NO TOLLS which means more money for us to buy Piels Light with onxe we get to West Virginia. Fuken A, huh? :thumbs: The rest stops on Route 295 are a hell of a lot cleaner than the ones on the New Jersey Turnpike so trust me on this one, Route 295 is the way to go. Most of the dumbass tourists from New England stay on The New Jersey Turnpike which means it always has more traffic than Route 295 (moron out of staters) :rolleyes:

OH we GOTTA remeber to have someone bring his SpeedPass so we don't waste time in the lines at the toll booth, man I HATE that. :angry: So be sure as we get closer to the day that one of you clowns reminds me or someone, yeah, that's it, we'll draw cigars and the guy who draws the dog rocket has to bring HIS SpeedPass to finance the tolls. HOLD the phone, I have some extra Garden State Parkway tokens left over from when I drove down to New Jersey in 1982 to see one of my fraternity brothers, Mike Baldassarri. He's from Parsippany, and he's was one of my best friends in college. Last I heard, he's working on a light crew for BIG concerts like Boy George, Prince and some other ones like that. Anyway, Mike's a cool guy but, oh sorry, I got off track, any of you guys know if the Garden State Parkway tokens I have from oh, I dunno, 1983 still work in the tolls on that road? If they do, we could save a couple of bucks on toll money by using these old tokens. I was thinking os listing them on eBay to see what I could get for them and use the money to buy more cigars. :thumbs:

We should all probably figure out what day we're leaving and what time. The way I figure it, the trip from my house to West Virginia is around nine hours, give or take time for piss breaks, food breaks and time for horseplay in the rest stop parking lot and OH YEAH maybe a ceegar or four!

My schedule is pretty flexible, how about yours Gary? What about you Josh? Oh and sorry Rob, I'd ask about you but tough noogies for you, you'll have to adjust your schedule to what ever we come up with, kinda like how you don't have dibs on riding shotgun. :sign: Sorry sucka! :laugh:

So you guys post here. You'll have to post here because no one can call me, my answering machine broke. I think it musta been that last tunder storm we had because ever since then, it hasn't worked :( Actually, now that I think about it, it MIGHT have something to do with when I run my central air conditioning system in my house, EVerytime the compresson comes on, there's a huge voltage drop and the phone flickers and loses its signal just like when the power goes out. :0 Maybe that has something to do with why it's fooked up. Anyone know anything about house wiring?

So anyway, post here and let's get the sshow on the road.!.? :thumbs:

I'll have whatever Bill's drinking or smoking! :whistling: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So, who's gonna be up for a speed herf at this thing? We've got some veteran "speedsters" attending. Just don't stand next to Alex! :whistling:

:laugh: :laugh:

herf33.jpg

Speed Herf Link

:sign:

And a keg stand contest too!!!

alexkeg6do.jpg

I'll have whatever Bill's drinking or smoking! :whistling: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No kidding! I want to know how Bill rolls blunts using cuban cigars, it never works for me, they always fall apart :p :laugh: :thumbs: :sign:

:0

I guess its time to start a new BBQ thread. ;)

Sorry Erick... But I gotta tell ya' - it'll go 20 pages too - lots of last minute details to work out..

You know, what gas stations rest rooms to stop at on the way, who has the best deals on water/soda/sandwiches/coffee, what kind of jellies/jams/preserves to bring, still some further discussion about smoking/drinking games (we haven't even gotten into Canasta yet - and BUNCO - what about BUNCO!!!), what kind of beer to bring so we're not too lopsided on one kind vs. another, maybe more microbrews than commercially available brands (what does everyone think?), who's bringing the rum/vodka/scotch... And damn it, what about mixers? Who's bringing the Coke/seltzer water/tonic water/seven up... There needs to be discussion about where exactly to position the port-potties for the maximum benefit of all attendies - that's crucial to a successful event, ya know...

There's still time to book flights - crap, is $245 the cheapest?, or should I take Amtrak - How much would gas cost me if I drove, or the actual costs per mile vs. flying - I love camping out in a tent - or maybe I'll rent an RV - is there room at Dennis' house for an RV? Haven't even gotten into what kind of bait to use for the fishing, or what fish are even biting...

And cigars!!! What cigars to bring, what is everyone else smoking, how many cigars to bring to last the weekend, what's the best cigar for the long-ash/speed herf contests, should I use the big otter box or can I get away with the small one, maybe put a bunch in ziploc baggies, is anyone else bringing ziploc baggies?, what about access to distilled water to keep the creedo moist...

Oh, and what shall I wear??? The wife is gonna be upset if other wives are wearing the same outfit/shoes/purse/jewelry - we gotta explore that yet. And who's bringing a wife? Will there be enough wives there - and will they get along. If Sam brings his wife, will Lisa be upset? And kids - who's bringing kids? We need to know that because maybe we need the bouncy blow up things we can rent, or clowns - we gotta have clowns - you know, those guys that blow up and twist the baloons? Maybe some kids drinking/smoking games as well (with bubble gum cigars and Pepsi, of course - that would be cute)...

Oh - and more discussion about being so excited about the herf!!! GOD it will be great to see you guys again - I mean, it seems like weeks since we got together at Vegas...

It's all so confusing and exciting, I know - that herf thing...

Hey George, I didn't know you were a member...

sarcasm0rq.jpg

Who really cares what someone posts in a herf thread, as long it has to do with the herf?

And without all the input from people (like myself) who are not going this thread would be a lot smaller.

sarcasm0rq.jpg

Who really cares what someone posts in a herf thread, as it has to do with the herf?

And without all the input from people (like myself) who are not going this thread would be a lot smaller.

Hey!!! You can't post in here unless you're going to the herf!!! Dennis and Steve and Alex and Cookie and others say so!!! Go get your own thread to post in!!! :angry:

And no... I'm not being sarcastic - I'm being sardonic...

Geez... Some people...

sarcasm0rq.jpg

Who really cares what someone posts in a herf thread, as it has to do with the herf?

Hey!!! You can't post in here unless you're going to the herf!!! Dennis and Steve and Alex and Cookie and others say so!!! Go get your own thread to post in!!! :angry:

That means your going right? :cool: Have fun my friend!

And cigars!!! What cigars to bring,

Besides directions on how to get to Dennis' house, this is the only question that I really need to answer. :p Everything else will just take care of itself.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! :thumbs:

Thanks, Scot...

sarcasm0rq.jpg

You're coming all the way from Germany??? :0

Excellent!!! I'll see you there!!! :cool: :thumbs:

And cigars!!! What cigars to bring,

Besides directions on how to get to Dennis' house, this is the only question that I really need to answer. :p Everything else will just take care of itself.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! :thumbs:

Thanks, Scot...

sarcasm0rq.jpg

You're coming all the way from Germany??? :0

Excellent!!! I'll see you there!!! :cool: :thumbs:

I'll bring you some lederhosen to wear :thumbs:

I'll bring you some lederhosen to wear :thumbs:

How do you think the Lederhosen go with a Scottish Kilt??? That would look like an interesting combo...

And the Hat - I gotta have the hat with a feather in it!!! You gotta bring me one of those!!! :love:

No need to comment... :whistling:

You can talk freely in this thread if you'd like - you're going Steve...

STOP IT YOU FOCKERS OR I'LL BURN YOUR RIBS!!! :laugh:

Now there you go. You have pissed off the chef. If this means I have to cook you fockers are going to be sorry.

I think we could get a poker game going. Does anyone have a portable poker table? I have a couple of tables but no poker tables.