• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf **edited for details.***

We really don't need this topic going in this direction. I'm sure that no matter what happens everyone will use good judgement and things will be fine.

He carries a really big gun, so I don't think he needs to worry about healing.

Yeah, well my money's on the career Marine. He can disarm a guy with a gun in a blink of an eye. ;) I also fell I know AVB well enough to bet my life that he's extremely responsible and he's knows HIMSELF whether or not he's okay to drive to the hotel. No need at all for anyone to make that decision for him.

We really don't need this topic going in this direction. I'm sure that no matter what happens everyone will use good judgement and things will be fine.
Sorry Erick but thehatguy opened the door. I have "personal" reasons as well for feeling the way I do too. I truly believe that society has gone way too far with the whole drinking and driving thing over the past ten years. The local police department in a nearby community to me was just bragging about how they had 330 DWI arrests over the past year. Contrary to the popular myth that drinking and driving is responsible for all this supposed trouble, less than TEN PERCENT of their arrests involved accidents and NO ONE was hurt. I can go on and on but I'll spare this board the details. You're right, no need to debate that "hot potato" here. ;)

This does bring up a topic that should probably be up for discussion. If someone who hosts a party on his property and is that "concerned" about guests consuming alcohol then maybe the event shouldn't be there. Perhaps a public park might be a better idea or a bar or restaurant. Just an idea.

Thanks to everyone worried about me but I'm pretty resonsible and besides, I'm willing to bet thehatguy will be out long before I'm done :D

Thanks to everyone worried about me but I'm pretty resonsible and besides, I'm willing to bet thehatguy will be out long before I'm done :D

LMAO!! Sorry AVB, I should've remembered that to begin with. :D

If you are DRINKING I would suggest you do NOT drive. The police around my parts like young or old drunk drivers. :love: Plus I don't do to well with drunk drivers (I have my reasons)so I will call the police on you if you try to drive drunk. Sorry but I would rather see you in jail than to have you kill someones mom.

Good luck telling AVB he can't drive to the hotel room . :whistling: It's almost worth me attending this to witness that one! :laugh: thehatguy, do you heal quickly? ???

He carries a really big gun, so I don't think he needs to worry about healing. Anyway, that is his rule, if someone can't live with them, then maybe they should think about not attending. There is nothing wrong with a BOTL wanting to protect another BOTL or an innocent person.

AVB is a big boy and I have herfed with him in the pass. I don't see any problems with him. He seams to drink responsively and have a good head on his shoulders. And besides did I mention my attack dog? :p

And your right. I am a light weight compared to you. I have seen you in action. :thumbs:

Will that be Bar-B-Qued attack dog or just grilled?

AVB is a big boy and I have herfed with him in the pass. I don't see any problems with him. He seams to drink responsively and have a good head on his shoulders. And besides did I mention my attack dog? :p

Sorry Erick but thehatguy opened the door. I have "personal" reasons as well for feeling the way I do too. I truly believe that society has gone way too far with the whole drinking and driving thing over the past ten years. The local police department in a nearby community to me was just bragging about how they had 330 DWI arrests over the past year. Contrary to the popular myth that drinking and driving is responsible for all this supposed trouble, less than TEN PERCENT of their arrests involved accidents and NO ONE was hurt. I can go on and on but I'll spare this board the details. You're right, no need to debate that "hot potato" here. ;)

This does bring up a topic that should probably be up for discussion. If someone who hosts a party on his property and is that "concerned" about guests consuming alcohol then maybe the event shouldn't be there. Perhaps a public park might be a better idea or a bar or restaurant. Just an idea.

:angry:

OK, Time to let this pass gentlemen and go back to plans and menus. If you wish to continue please do it by PM or email as the rest of us don't need to be in the middle.

Well I just realizes this is the same weekend as my friend's wedding, so count me out. Anybody who needs a ride from Rochester or along the way is now on their own. :sign:

OK, Time to let this pass gentlemen and go back to plans and menus. If you wish to continue please do it by PM or email as the rest of us don't need to be in the middle.

Your right AVB, I sometime let ignorance get under my skin.

I am glad you are coming.

"Ignorance" :laugh: So that's how you deal with people who have a different opinion from yours?

You're pathetic....

"Ignorance" :laugh: So that's how you deal with people who have a different opinion from yours?

You're pathetic....

Take it elsewhere, Cat. He hit the nail on the head.

You're pathetic....

Take it elsewhere, Cat. He hit the nail on the head.

Boys, boys, boys, I agree wholeheartedly that ignorance is unnerving, like when people don't know how to spell or use words properly. A difference of opinion with someone is not "ignorance." Maybe you oughta "take it elsewhere" shawk. ;)

And your right. I am a light weight compared to you. I have seen you in action. :thumbs:

There is a big difference between "tolerance" and "intoxication". A "light weight" may feel the effects of alcohol before someone who's built a tolerance, but is no less intoxiacated. While someone with tolerance for alcohol may not show the effects of the alcohol like a "newbie" would, the affects are very similar in their ability to reason (judgement), motor skills, etc.

I'd suggest, Dennis - if you have a strong feeling about drinking and driving, no one should be allowed to drink and drive. Unless that person is willing to consume less than one ounce of hard liquor per hour. Any more than that would place that person at risk.

Okay back to the BBQ herf. If you would like to discuss other topics please do it somewhere else.

Hillbilly, I appologize for taking this in the WRONG direction. I get a little sensitive this time of year. I am sure that everyone coming will use good judgement.