• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Beer Reviews and Info

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
caelsniftergetsitsmall.jpg

Links
BA Beer 101 (great info)
Belgian Pronunciations
German and Czech Pronunciations
Shipping Beer
Wurm's Wheat Beer 101

**IF YOU GUYS WANT TO ADD YOUR OWN REVIEWS TO ANY OF THESE THREADS, PLEASE FEEL FREE**

America
American Amber/Red Ale
Troegs Nugget Nectar

American Barleywine
Behemoth Blonde
Gratitude '06

American Brown Ale
Coffee Bender

American Double/Imperial IPA
Pliny the Elder

American Double/Imperial Stout
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Choklat
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout '06
Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout

American IPA
Blind Pig
Masala Mama

American Strong Ale
Firestone XII

American Wild Ale
Consecration
Cuvee de Castleton

Baltic Porter
Smuttynose Baltic Porter

Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Alpha Kong
Nor'easter

Bock
Genesee Bock

English Barleywine
AleSmith Old Numbskull

Fruit/Vegetable Beer
Belmont Strawberry Blonde
WI Belgian Red
Smoove Cherry Ale

Porters
Alaskan Smoked Porter ('04 & '06)

Quadrupel
Southampton Abbot 12
V-12

Russian Imperial Stout
The Abyss (OR)
Blackout Stout
B.O.R.I.S. Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Dark Lord '07
Darkness
Rabid Duck
Ten Fidy (OR)

Saison
Hennepin

Scotch Ale/Wee Heavy
Gang Aft Agley
Robert the Bruce

Witbier
Little White Lie
Belgium
Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer

Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keizer Rood

Flanders Red Ale
Duchesse de Bourgogne

Lambic
Cantillon Kriek 100% Lambic

Quadrupel
Kasteel Brune
St. Bernardus ABT 12 60th Anniversary
't Gaverhopke Extra
Val-Dieu Grand Cru
Westvleteren 12
Denmark
Baltic Porter
Olfabrikken Porter
Germany
Doppelbock
Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel

Kristalweizen
Weihenstephaner Krisstalweissbier

Weizenbock
Aventinus Cellar Aged
Netherlands
Quadrupel
Koningshoeven Quadrupel

Many more to come! :D

Now you have gone and done it Justin, way to go. It is awsome to see all of these linked up in one thread. :thumbs:

About time somebody stepped up. There are a zillion beers compared to Scotch or Bourbon but you have a ways to go to catch up :)

Jonas and I decided to join forces in a futile attempt to catch Ray. :laugh:

His reviews have been linked in the first post.

Justin & Jonas proudly celebrate review number one thousand in four months time.
1799550132_e20280205e.jpg

Justin & Jonas proudly celebrate review number one thousand in four months time.
1799550132_e20280205e.jpg

To think, all this so you can be enlightened. The lengths we go to make you people happy!

Just think how happy you'll be in the attempt :p

Here, you can use this if you want.

83_1_b.jpg

Jonas and I decided to join forces in a futile attempt to catch Ray. :laugh:

His reviews have been linked in the first post.

LOL, yeah almost meaning just a couple hundred LBS difference! Fuggin bastage!

Not sure my tastes are educated enough to provide fair reviews.. but anybody knows 'tasty' from 'blech'..

Thought I'd mention one of each, just being fair. Tried the Thelonious and Trois Pistoles.. uhm. EXTREMELY different in quality is the kindest way of putting it.

The first one I'll buy again, happily, even if the price has gone up. Quite true to style, rich and balanced, gourmet quality, a bit less than a monster but strong enough to satisfy and tasty enough to over indulge 'by accident'.. Abbey Thelonious is worth buying at least 3 bottles, blind. good sturdy belgian style, no complaint! worth more than its price, my highest accolade..

The second I'll find someone I don't like to give the extra bottle to, because I won't be putting that sick horse pee in my glass again, I have better sense. It has alcohol in it, no doubt. Also cheap beet(?) sugar, and some over-roasted malts, thank god for small favors they didn't waste much malt on it.

I suspect this is a high profit, low return sort of beer. It's a good question how many people can drink it before the brewmeister vanishes mysteriously. I was *Not Pleased*.. watery, burnt, bitter and weak both, too much alcohol for the flavor and the flavor was not so hot either. Almost a textbook example of how to waste brewing ingredients and offend nearly everyone. It's nice to run into one of these from time to time to remind you how Very Very Good properly brewed strong beer can get. It's a LONG way from here to excellent. Start farther along. This was sufficiently bad I'll not voluntarily drink anything from the same brewery, unless it's in a blind tasting. Do they make a minus 1 rating? A new benchmark, a strong canadian beer as crappy as the worst generic 3% american bilge water. If you MUST drink this stuff, I recommend a stiff shot of ten high as a chaser. you'll be glad of it. a great arguement for home brewing, you won't do worse without considerable effort. :)