• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Tequilla

Scott1966

What is the best Tequillas on the market? Interested in trying some really good ones. :D

Cuervo Gold :sign: :p :D

I like the Herraduro Anejo. I can't get the Seleccion Suprema here. I'll have to look for it next time I travel.

Tres Generaciones by Sauza is my favorite

There is more than one Tres Generaciones so make sure you get the Gold Anejo (it comes in a dark stuby bottle with a cork). I found this stuff a few years ago when I was in search of "the best tequilla". I read in a bar guide that there are three major things to look at when searching for a tequilla:
1. That it is made from 100% agave fruit
2. That it is anejo or aged for 3 years or longer (not positive on the # of years)
3. That it is gold or rosado (aged in oak and spice added for flavor and color)

Of course there are a lot of tequillas that fit this description but it's a good place to start. Here's a good website for info on high end liquors (cigars too) Mission Liquors

Hope this helps :D
Scott

PATRON ANEJO :love: OR the orange or gold box.......and have never had any hang over from this brand.
:D
Cuervo splits my head like a cord of fire wood!! :(

Mmm... Patrons are GOOD. Not a big fan of either Cuervo or Sauza.

I like the EL Conquistador Anejo and lately have taken a liking to Corralejo Triple Distilled Reposado.... both are very smooth and can be found in the $30-$50 range.

I used ot love tequila but i cant stomach it since it was forcibly ejected from my stomach a few years ago.

Chinaco Anejo and Herradura Anejo are my favorites. I always have one or the other (or both) on hand

Never had any but saw a show last night that featured celebrity foods and drinks. Sammy Hagar apparently manufactures his own brand. Might be interesting at least.

Gunpowder
Sammy Hagar apparently manufactures his own brand

It's called Cabo Wabo the same as the name of his club in Mexico. I haven't tried it yet but I've also only seen it once or twice.

gatorsmg said:
Gunpowder
Sammy Hagar apparently manufactures his own brand

It's called Cabo Wabo the same as the name of his club in Mexico. I haven't tried it yet but I've also only seen it once or twice.
Cabo Wabo is pretty good but is expensive for what it is

The cheapest stuff I can find...........I'm just going to throw it up anyway :(

M. Gipson :)

WOW!! I love tequila but I definately have to broaden my horizons. I pretty much only drink Cuervo Gold but I've had a few nice ones years ago but I was too drunk to even read the label never mind remember what they were. All I remember is that they were nice and smooth.

Thanks for starting the thread, I'll have to remember some of these the next time I'm at the liquor store :thumbs:

gatorsmg said:
Tres Generaciones by Sauza is my favorite

There is more than one Tres Generaciones so make sure you get the Gold Anejo (it comes in a dark stuby bottle with a cork). I found this stuff a few years ago when I was in search of "the best tequilla". I read in a bar guide that there are three major things to look at when searching for a tequilla:
1. That it is made from 100% agave fruit
2. That it is anejo or aged for 3 years or longer (not positive on the # of years)
3. That it is gold or rosado (aged in oak and spice added for flavor and color)

Of course there are a lot of tequillas that fit this description but it's a good place to start. Here's a good website for info on high end liquors (cigars too) Mission Liquors

Hope this helps :D
Scott
Keep in mind that the "best" tequila is what you like best, and that while a bar guide says Anejo tequilas are better, that doesn't mean they are. I for one prefer Reposados over Anejo since they do not have the strong wood flavor. Some people like the unaged Blancos best.

I'd have to guess that the reason Anejos are believed to be "best" is because they typically (as a whole) get better reviews in tasting competitions that do Reposados and Blancos.

I do agree that 100% agave tequilas are better than mixtos.

As for the favorites of what I've tried,

Cabo Wabo Blanco
Gran Centenario Reposdo
El Tesoro Reposado
Don Julio Reposado
1800 Anejo