• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Best Tequilla

My personal favorites to date are corazon anejo, patron anejo, and herradura anejo (I see a bit of a trend here). I like patron silver as well as the corazon blanco, but they are a bit light and not tequila-ish enough for me. I have also tried cabo wabo (blanco) and an anejo called dos dueno. Both were pretty good, but not my favorites. For everyday drinking, I like the Suaza Hacienda or Commenaterivo (or whatever the spelling is on that). They are not very expensive and are OK in a pinch. Not much of a cuervo fan unless I'm making margaritas.

My favs are Lapiz (the blue bottle) Arroyo Negro and Espolon. Siete Lequas gold or anejo is wonderful also, but not imported into the US last time I checked.

I tried Gran Centenario Anejo tonight it's some smooth stuff. It's definitely "oaky" though, reaffirming my preference for reposados over anejos, but it's still a very well made tequila.

If I want something oaky I'll go for some bourbon. I like my tequila to taste like agave and not oak.

$75 here plus shipping. Don't know if that is a good price or not but they are fairly reasonable with their scotch prices.

MichaelPCo said:
Has anyone ever heard of or tried a tequila called Reserva Del Dueno "Jerezito"?
[snapback]166154[/snapback]​

Try Alteno Reposado. I tore thru the one bottle that was brought back to me. Best I've had yet.

I picked up a bottle of the Casa Real Reposado last week at Hitimewine.net for ~$28. I went strictly on the recommendation from the guy on the phone for this one. It has a great agave and citrus taste, a bright lighter summer drinking tequila. I'll be buying more of this one.

:cool:

BrownDevil said:
Call me the AVB of tequila

Herradrua Especiales - $600 a bottle. Smoothest thing you'll ever taste. For the guy who not only loves good tequila, but for knows what tequila is.

If it was made at the cuervo factory, forget it.

If you've haven't tried the following tequilas, save your money:
Any cuervo product
Centenario
Caba Wabo (joke)
Cazadores ( a lot of bartenders push this as their best brand in the bar, but it's sick)
Herradura Plata, Gold, or Anejo
Basically, if you need a lime, lemon, or salt to shoot it, it's not good.

Decent tequilas in the 40-70 dollar range:

Any Patron (although I'm partial to Plata, or silver tequilas)
El Tosoro
Chinaco plata or reposado
Any Don Julio (again with the Plata)
Corazon Plata

Wanna drop $100 bucks for a really decent tequila?
Porfidio Cactus

Any good tequila should be prepared in a snifter, NOT in a shot glass. Chilled with absolutely NO salt, lime, lemon, chaser, whatever.
[snapback]159750[/snapback]​

I have gotten into fine tequilas this last year, having graduated from 1800 Anejo... You, sir, are right on the money (although I am a bit partial to Herradura Anejo). Another favorite, I'm no longer able to find, but I found was reasonbably priced for the taste, was Suave Patria Anejo. I'm partial to the Anejo's, in a snifter, SLIGHTLY chilled, with a slice of lime available to wipe around the rim of the glass (I like the taste of lime with the tequila, just not overpower the tequila with the lime).

Nothing finer than having a great cigar and a great tequila. Thanks for your thoughts BD - I want to try some of these...

Some of the real best tequilas are:

Casa Noble
Tesoro
Don Julio
Herradura

You can go to www.ianchadwick.com and find out much more on tequila...

My wife was gifted a bottle of Reposado "Tequila Corralejo". Tall, skinny, blue bottle. Haven't opened it yet; any comments....??

Cheers - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
My wife was gifted a bottle of Reposado "Tequila Corralejo". Tall, skinny, blue bottle. Haven't opened it yet; any comments....??

Cheers - B.B.S.
[snapback]248033[/snapback]​

Corralejo has a cute bottle, but a BrownDevil tequila rating of about 6/10. For sure better than any cuervo product :D

Remember, chilled, no salt, no lime :sign:

BlindedByScience said:

Cheers - B.B.S.
[snapback]248033[/snapback]​

I like corralejo it's nice tequila specially the triple distilled, I would give it an 8, good solid premium but not ultra premium.

I hated Cuervo Gold so I stayed away from Tequila for a long time. Then my local spirit shop had me try Cuervo Tradicional and that was some great stuff. I then went the route with all the other Tequila's mentioned, except the real high digit ones, and was getting board when I tried Patron XO Cafe at the Big Smoke in Vegas. That stuff is very very good. It has a coffee flavor so you don't need the lime or salt. They call it a Liqueur but it's 70 proof so it works for me when I want something to sip :D and not just try to find the floor

Gary-smoke said:
I hated Cuervo Gold so I stayed away from Tequila for a long time. Then my local spirit shop had me try Cuervo Tradicional and that was some great stuff. I then went the route with all the other Tequila's mentioned, except the real high digit ones, and was getting board when I tried Patron XO Cafe at the Big Smoke in Vegas. That stuff is very very good. It has a coffee flavor so you don't need the lime or salt. They call it a Liqueur but it's 70 proof so it works for me when I want something to sip :D and not just try to find the floor
[snapback]263797[/snapback]​

I don't know.... If you have to cover up the taste of the tequila with coffee flavoring, it must not have been good tequila to begin with... It's like mixing a single malt scotch with some other flavoring. Why would you do that? Doing that seems to me, well... I just don't think it's a legit representation of the original anymore. I certainly wouldn't mix a fine Anejo Tequila into a Margarita... That's what Cuervo's for!!!

I'm tellin' ya - you get hooked on the taste of a good Reposado or Anejo Tequila by itself - there's no going back!!! Just the same as a good single malt scotch...

I don't know.... If you have to cover up the taste of the tequila with coffee flavoring, it must not have been good tequila to begin with... It's like mixing a single malt scotch with some other flavoring. Why would you do that? Doing that seems to me, well... I just don't think it's a legit representation of the original anymore. I certainly wouldn't mix a fine Anejo Tequila into a Margarita... That's what Cuervo's for!!!

I'm tellin' ya - you get hooked on the taste of a good Reposado or Anejo Tequila by itself - there's no going back!!! Just the same as a good single malt scotch...
[snapback]263804[/snapback]​

Like I said, I have gone through all those and they weren't doing for me all the time. This has a great taste and I enjoy it :D and isn't that what it's all about, drinking and smoking something you enjoy ???

Now when I want to howl at the moon I drink straight quality tequila. ;)

ggiese said:
Gary-smoke said:
[snapback]263797[/snapback]​

Amen brother!

-Rob

Bite your tongue!

ggiese said:
Just the same as a good single malt scotch...

BrownDevil said:
Call me the AVB of tequila

Any good tequila should be prepared in a snifter, NOT in a shot glass. Chilled with absolutely NO salt, lime, lemon, chaser, whatever.

You hit the nail on the head on that one. My personal favorite....

Patron.....