• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Big Move

PuroBrat

I am not here :^)
As many of you know, my life has been changing on a lot of levels lately. What with being on disability now, and sometimes I can’t walk, etc etc. Add to that, my wife’s job disappeared a few weeks ago and it just got worse.

Rent in the BigD area is a bit steep. I can no longer afford to pay $800/month in rent.

So the PB Family is making a move to the country. All along we have been using a house that belonged to my wife’s grandmother as a weekend get-away. Now we are gonna make it home. Rent is much lower and life is much slower.

In the picture my new place is at the red pin this is a small house with a detached garage.

santo.jpg

I think this move just might improve my mood, as well as my ability to pay the bills.

Damn, that looks like corner of Bowie and South Waunda Street in Santo, TX. :p

$800/month steep? Wow, here in Los Angeles it's about $2,000/month for a 1 bedroom luxury apt, and about $1200 for a 1 bdrm reg apt. Anyways, good luck with the move. I'm sure the country will be nice.

Rod said:
$800/month steep? Wow, here in Los Angeles it's about $2,000/month for a 1 bedroom luxury apt, and about $1200 for a 1 bdrm reg apt. Anyways, good luck with the move. I'm sure the country will be nice.
I hear ya Rod, actually 800 is low around here too, but for ME it was too steep ???

Three bedroom apartment in Springfield, MO is around $600 a month. :) I'd call $800 steep.

I gotta get out of Los Angeles...

Wildcard said:
Three bedroom apartment in Springfield, MO is around $600 a month. :) I'd call $800 steep.
I have (had) family in Springfield, MO. About 7 years ago I went back for a funeral and while talking about California I mentioned that I had bought a house that was $229,000. First their jaws hit the floor, then they started accusing me of lying. Hicks in the sticks.

My mom lived in Springfield in the 50's. They moved to Joplin where my mom graduated in '66.

Good 'ol Southern MO. Always nice to visit..........and even better to leave :p

My Dad's family is in Mexico, MO..........real Hicks in the real sticks there. Another place that is nice to leave.

I was born in Columbia, MO (Boone County Hospital). Came to So Cal when I was 1. Thank God my Dad had a Vietnam buddy living in Riverside, CA and a job at Kaiser Steel in Fontucky, CA.

**To PB**

Take it easy on the move. Get some friends and family to help. Your back can't take too much stress. How far is Santo from Mesquite? My dad just moved to Mesquite.

I hope it goes well.

M. Gipson

vewyphishy said:
Good luck with the move, PB. Don't hurt your back. :)
Too late my friend. I hit the floor this afternoon. Now I do well to lift a coffee mug. And I have to have my cane to move from room to room. :(

But stuff has to be done.

gawntrail said:
Take it easy on the move. Get some friends and family to help. Your back can't take too much stress. How far is Santo from Mesquite? My dad just moved to Mesquite.

Had a feelin the back wasn't gonna like this, I was right. Thanks for the warning, wish I had read it before I took my son's bunk beds apart ??? As for distance, Mesquite to Santo is about 105 miles going west on I20 all the way to FM4

Three bedroom apartment or house in Norton Ks is around $300. to $400. a month
On the other hand you have to drive 5 hours to buy a good cigar and worse than that your only 13 miles from cornhusker country :0

Rent is $350.00 for me. I live in a town of roughly 1,400 and I hated it at first. Though I have to admit that it wouldn't be so bad living out side a big town like Lincoln or Omaha. I totally understand about big cities raising your blood pressure, lots of traffic and other.....people whom you don't want to deal with. :sneaky: Hope you enjoy the move and have a cigar on the deck for the rest of us. :thumbs:

My monthly payment is $2250 for a 5 room apartment......Kitchen, Living Room, 3 Bedrooms and a Bathroom :angry:

And my cable bill is $200/mo ???

Fast4Dr said:
My monthly payment is $2250 for a 5 room apartment......Kitchen, Living Room, 3 Bedrooms and a Bathroom :angry:

Dude, my dissability check wouldn't come close to covering your rent, not to mention "other expenses"

Lucky I ain't a damn Yankee :D

SFG75 said:
Rent is $350.00 for me. I live in a town of roughly 1,400 and I hated it at first. Though I have to admit that it wouldn't be so bad living out side a big town like Lincoln or Omaha. I totally understand about big cities raising your blood pressure, lots of traffic and other.....people whom you don't want to deal with. :sneaky: Hope you enjoy the move and have a cigar on the deck for the rest of us. :thumbs:
Must be so cheap because of the gay movement in that area of the country :p

Fast4Dr said:

For that kinda money you should be renting a house!

It's actually a co-op.......Mortgage is $1550/mo and common charges are $688/mo

Good luck with the move PB, I just did mine a few months ago

I hear ya on the big life changes although mine were diff, I quit the job I was workin for past 9 years and went back to school...scariest thing I ever done, but I think in the long run will definately be for the better...

PaulMac

Good Luck with the move and your health PB.
Hope it gets way better for you out in the country.