• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Review II

cigarsarge said:
Three women were about to be executed for their crimes. One was a red head. One was a brunette. One was a blonde.

The guards bring the red head to the firing squad. The warden asks her if shew has any last words. She says no. The warden says ready,aim...

Suddenly the red head screams EARTHQUAKE. This distracts everyone and she escapes.

Then the guards bring in the brunette. The warden asks her if she has any last words. She says no. The warden says ready,aim.....

Suddenly the brunette screams TORNADO. This distracts everyone and she escapes.

About this time the blonde realizes what is going on. The guards bring her in. The warden asks her if she has any last words. She says no. The warden says ready,aim....

About this time the blonde screams FIRE. :D
Excellent job Mr Morris, I've never seen my kids agree on anything before, but, the above joke got all 1st place votes from all three. They thourghly enjoyed running up to my wife(their step mom) and yelling "Fire, Fire" all weekend. (yes, the wife is blond :) )

I'll be a little slow getting something in the mail to ya. The new job is taking up all my time and what free time I do have has been with the family. I'm sure my time will free up over the next few weeks. I think you'll enjoy my guilty conscious cigars when I get to it. :D

No rush for those who have not smoked their #1 cigar yet as the deadline is Sunday. I have about half of the reviews in. Once I have them all in I will reveal the cigars and post the reveiws. I will be out of town most of next week so if we can get them all turned in by mid afternoon Sunday (or earlier) I can hash through the reveiws and post up some info, otherwise, it may be closer to Friday before I can address this again. Again, no rush..... just smoke the damn thing! ROFLMAO! :p :D
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Can we discuss these cigars yet? I'm dying to say something about that first one heh.

cigarsarge said:
Thanks. My wife says my head is full of funny things. :D :D :D
.."I would not be just a nuthin.
My head, all full of stuffin.."

If I only had a brain

moki said:
Can we discuss these cigars yet? I'm dying to say something about that first one heh.
As soon as everyone's review is in I will turn you loose to say whatever you want. :) 6 or 7 people to go.....

Allofus123 said:
moki said:
As soon as everyone's review is in I will turn you loose to say whatever you want. :) 6 or 7 people to go.....
Alright, seeya in a month then :)

OK, here's the deal. I have four people that have not done a review on the cigars sent to them. Two of these individual communicated with me earlier this week that they have had some things come up that will prevent them from participating. I'd like to thank them both for the early communication. Two others individuals have not been heard from. I've sent several PM's through out the week to alert everyone but will have to assume that these two have not visited CP for a while and have not received the PM's. Because I will be out of town next week I have decided not to wait. I will reveal the reviews that have been sent in.

Let me start this with the reasoning I have structured this review the way I did. If you haven't guessed it yet, everyone smoked the same cigar. These cigars all came from the same box. During the first Review I saw people give a cigar a bad rating which didn't surprise me. What did surprise me was someone else saying something like "Thanks for the review, I was going to buy some of those but after reading your review I'll save my money". I for one do not depend on others to tell me what I will like or dislike in a cigar (or anything else for that matter) and I hope that these reviews will show others why they should not base their cigar choices on what a cigar magazine says or what another cigar smoker says. I believe after reading the 11 reviews turned in for the first cigar I think everyone will understand this point.

The first cigar smoked for this review was a Island Monte #4 from 11/03. I will let the reveiws speak for themselves. Feel free to discuss the first cigar as you please.

You may also commence with cigar #2 and forward the review through the same link as before. Since I originally stated Sundays as the deadline for turning in reviews I will stand by that time line, but, if you can turn it in early please do.

Reveiws coming up..........
:thumbs:

CPUserName: Purobrat
CigarNumber: Cigar Number 1
Appearance: Outstanding
Construction: Outstanding
Burn: Uneven
Problems: None Found
AshColor: Light Grey
AshStructure: Typical
Draw: Perfect
Aroma: Good
Smoked_To: Past the Band
Strength: Medium
Recommended: Yes
Scale: Great Smoke
Class: Low End ISOM
Auth_Code:
Date: Sunday May 02, 2004
Time: 02:16 AM

AppearanceNotes

Slight Box press look Silky smoothe oily wrapper Triple Cap? No visable veins Couldn't wait to taste this beauty

ConstructionNotes

Very Firm, solid construction No soft spots, very uniform lines Punched it with a 357mag, perfect draw

TasteNotes

Started out with a very pronounced Leather and Cedar taste. At about 1" smoked it kicked up a notch with some spice on the palat, clove taste on the nose exhale. At about 1/2 way, it died, thought it was over, 2 puffs later, the spice was back with cedar notes, carried all the way through. There was a strong Leather finish, the finish was short and left no distinct aftertaste.

OverallNotes

This was a very good cigar. I measuered it as a 5x40 or 42 PC size, maybe slightly thinner than the average PC. Tasted very much like a HDM Habano. I want to say it was a HDM Le Hoyo du Prince. Either way, a great smoke I would gladly have more of. It went very nicely with my Michelob Lager

CPUserName: cigarsarge
Appearance: Good
Construction: Good
Burn: Even
AshColor: Dark Grey
Aroma: Great
Smoked_To: To the Band
Scale: Good Cigar
Auth_Code:
Date: Sunday May 02, 2004
Time: 08:43 PM

AppearanceNotes

This one had a well made flat triple cap. It was golden brown with tiny, almost unnoticeable veins. A semi-box pressed corona. The roller got a little carried away with the glue in a couple of places which kept it from looking outstanding.

ConstructionNotes

Well rolled with no soft spots. I felt a few bumpy spots but no major flaws observed. It was well filled and rolled.

TasteNotes

It started off peppery and spicy but by one half an inch smoked it mellowed out to a sweet woody taste. The last third became spicy again. The finish was short and had a charred flavor. This is a fairly complex smoke. The aroma had a salty flair.

OverallNotes

I don't think you can buy this one at your local tobacco store. It had that special twang that comes in ISOMs. This is a relaxing smoke that I enjoyed while watching the Koi Fish and sipping a rum and Coke.

CPUserName: Horse
Appearance: Perfect
Construction: Fair
AshStructure: Flakey
Draw: Too Easy
Scale: Ho-Hum
Class: Regular
Date: Monday May 03, 2004
Time: 04:36 PM

AppearanceNotes

Triple cap Zero veins Coloring and appearance of a certain Cuban that I know Kenny has an affinity for.

ConstructionNotes

VERY loosley rolled.

TasteNotes

First 1/2 inch was outstanding. Then turned ho-hum. Woody taste.

OverallNotes

Roll was way too loose. Could see through the ash which gave it it's flakeyness. Price would be a very high consideration as to whether or not to recommend.

CPUserName: Wascal
AshStructure: Very Solid
Draw: Easy
Strength: Full
Class: High End ISOM
Date: Monday May 03, 2004
Time: 06:06 PM

AppearanceNotes

5 x 42 pc small veins triple cap

ConstructionNotes

top cap a bit off center otherwise excelent. nice firm stick, no soft spots.

TasteNotes

very leathery,earthy,some wood taste. A bit of pepper. A little harsh, probably due to being young.

OverallNotes

Strong full flavor cuban. 2 to 3 years older would be outstanding. If I had to guess; a Boli pc.

CPUserName: Matt R.
Aroma: Great
Date: Thursday May 06, 2004
Time: 09:54 AM

AppearanceNotes

Nice box pressed petite corona with a reddish-brown wrapper. A little "veiny" and a small tear in the wrapper, at the foot.

ConstructionNotes

A few tight spots, but otherwise a well made cigar.

TasteNotes

Medium bodied cigar with some spicy undertones. Pretty typical Cuban flavors.

OverallNotes

A bit on the "young" side, but never-the-less, a pretty good cigar.

CPUserName: moki
Problems: Runners
Smoked_To: One-Third Smoked
Recommended: No
Scale: Dog Rocket!
Class: Regular
Date: Friday May 07, 2004
Time: 12:02 AM

AppearanceNotes

Nice looking little petit corona (?) -- dark brown in color, with muted veins.

ConstructionNotes

Looks to be made well; wrapper is in good shape, feels firm but not overfilled.

TasteNotes

Man this cigar is strong, and not in a pleasant way. Perhaps it's because it has been almost a week since I've smoked a cigar, but yeeesh.

OverallNotes

yuck... this is a pretty disgusting cigar, IMHO. It is strong, harsh, and has a rather indistinct but repulsive flavor... yeeech

CPUserName: vewyphishy
Problems: Got Soft
Draw: Easy
Scale: Decent/Worthy
Date: Friday May 07, 2004
Time: 12:32 AM

AppearanceNotes

Veiny wrapper, very rough, sloppy triple cap. The color is medium/dark brown but with minor discolorations throughout.

ConstructionNotes

Solid for the most part, a couple of soft spots.

TasteNotes

It started a little spicy, but I think it had more to do with the initial hotness. However, once it settled in, the flavor was a little more robust. It had an earthy, almost grassy, taste to it. It wasn't unpleasant, but it definitely takes a little getting use to.

OverallNotes

Decent smoke if the flavor profile fits your palette. I was not impressed with the aesthetics but it overcame that with a decent burn, draw, and taste.

CPUserName: Oak
Construction: Outstanding
Burn: Very Even
AshStructure: Flakey
Scale: Yowza!
Class: High End ISOM
Date: Saturday May 08, 2004
Time: 07:02 PM

AppearanceNotes

Good looking stick, very rich brown - a few largish veins. Smallish cigar - about 40 ring by 4".

ConstructionNotes

Very very firm cigar, with a triple cap giving away (I assume) its heritage.

TasteNotes

Taste was very aggressive, rich, and quite tasty. I liked this cigar a lot - and although the taste did not change much throughout (a small stick, so that's not to be expected) - I really enjoyed the taste throughout.

OverallNotes

This was a terrific smoke... and I'm dying to know what it was. I do not normally smoke anything small (90% of my sticks are torpedo - #2 sized) - and this was a great stick. I'd guess this was an ISOM from around '98 or earlier. Very smooth, but still quite punchy and not too refined for my simple palette. Thank you so much for this smoke... whatever it was, I'm buying a box. If it was domestic (which I'd bet heavily against) - I'd be amazed.