• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Review II

Kenny that for letting me participate in the reviews! :thumbs:

Much thanks and appreciation Kenny. A lot of fun, as expected. Surprising, too. :thumbs:

Allofus123 said:
Looks like the final cigar has been smoked. This cigar was rated much the same as the other two cigars were. Some loved it, some thought it was OK, and some didn't care for it at all. After reading these reviews it should prove to everyone that you should NEVER base your opinion on a cigar by what someone else says. I thought for sure that if any of the cigars would get a consistent review it would be this last one. It is one of my current favorite cigars.

Cigar #3 was a Punch Super Selection #2 (Jun 01)
Agreed, taste is subjective -- but weren't the reviews relatively consistent for this cigar? Most people thought it was an ISOM, and most people enjoyed it, but didn't rave about it... no?

Anyway, thanks for the invite into the taste test, and I'm sorry for screwing up Cigar #2. It certainly was instructive to see the wide range of reviews people gave, especially from cigar #1.

moki said:
Agreed, taste is subjective -- but weren't the reviews relatively consistent for this cigar? Most people thought it was an ISOM, and most people enjoyed it, but didn't rave about it... no?
If you want to get technical...... :)

about 33% thought the cigar was Great or better.
about 42% thought the cigar was Good.
about 17% thought it was decent.
about 8% thought it was Ho-Hum.

Some said there was no taste to the cigar while others said they tasted citrus, hint of vanilla, nutmeg, creamy taste. Some people say there was no flavor while others said it was full of flavor. Some said harsh while others said smooth. Some said they hated to put it down while others said there was nothing to it.

I wasn't interested in if anyone liked the cigars I sent out. I wanted to show people, especially the new smokers, just how crazy it is to base their cigar choices on "someone elses" review. (including Cigar Aficionado's cigar ratings) We had 12 to 15 cigar smokers rating 3 very well touted cigars and you just need to read through the reviews to see how different our views were on the exact same cigar.

Guess its time to put this to bed. I hate to see this go to the completed forum.

Kenny, thanks for the great learning experience... and to prove a very valid point. This should be pinned or stickied, for reference sake.

Allofus123 said:
I wasn't interested in if anyone liked the cigars I sent out. I wanted to show people, especially the new smokers, just how crazy it is to base their cigar choices on "someone elses" review. (including Cigar Aficionado's cigar ratings) We had 12 to 15 cigar smokers rating 3 very well touted cigars and you just need to read through the reviews to see how different our views were on the exact same cigar.
Ah, bravo, I see now. Yes, that point was proved in spades. Thanks again for doing it!

moki said:
It certainly was instructive to see the wide range of reviews people gave, especially from cigar #1.
It does not suprise me about the wide range of reviews...ESPECIALLY for cigar #1. The Monte#4 is the most smoked cigar in the world...thus the most highly produced/rolled. I bet the newbies get to start on the Monte#4 line...whaddya think? There was everything from very loose, to plugged.