• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blind Review II

I'll be firing up #3 tonight during the Pacers-Nets game. I'll report back in upon completion. :)

#3 is history. Thanks Kenny for the contest and the Blind ReviewII. :thumbs:

I be gone to Yuma, Arizona on business starting Sunday. Will be back a week from that. Looking forward to comming back and reading the reviews. :D

Thanks again Kenny for a good time!!

#3 has been reduced to a nice pile of ashes :D And a review submitted :thumbs:

Thanks so very much Kenny for the fun!

Looks like the final cigar has been smoked. This cigar was rated much the same as the other two cigars were. Some loved it, some thought it was OK, and some didn't care for it at all. After reading these reviews it should prove to everyone that you should NEVER base your opinion on a cigar by what someone else says. I thought for sure that if any of the cigars would get a consistent review it would be this last one. It is one of my current favorite cigars.

Cigar #3 was a Punch Super Selection #2 (Jun 01)

CigarSarge - I'll get your contest cigars off to you the week after, I'll be out of town all this week. Don't worry, these will be identifiable. :D

Everyone repeat after me....... Taste is subjective! :)

CPUserName: dixieland_conjunction
CigarNumber: Cigar Number 3
Appearance: Outstanding
Construction: Good
Burn: Very Uneven
Problems: None Found
AshColor: Dark Grey
AshStructure: Flakey
Draw: Tight
Aroma: Poor
Smoked_To: One-Third Smoked
Strength: Bland
Recommended: No
Scale: Ho-Hum
Class: Regular
Date: Wednesday May 19, 2004
Time: 10:21 PM
AppearanceNotes

Only one barely noticable vien.
ConstructionNotes

Some soft spots.
TasteNotes

Sour, but not horribly so. There wasn't any taste ???
OverallNotes

There was nothing to this cigar :( It wasn't offensive, beacause it wasn't anything; very simple smoke. There are way too many cigars with character out there to have another of these. I'll be very interested to read other's opinions. I have NO clue what this was - a Baccarat or Mac ???

CPUserName: Horse
Appearance: Good
Construction: Outstanding
Burn: Very Even
AshColor: Light Grey
AshStructure: Very Solid
Draw: Perfect
Aroma: Good
Smoked_To: To the Band
Strength: Full
Recommended: Yes
Scale: Good Cigar
Class: Low End ISOM
Date: Thursday May 20, 2004
Time: 01:19 AM
AppearanceNotes

Slightly veiny but overall nice appearance
ConstructionNotes

No soft spots, triple cap with no wrinkles.
TasteNotes

It might have been my taste buds tonite..or the fact I was drinking mint-tea...but I never detected a profile change from the first puff to the last. Also, was not harsh, but it was sharp.
OverallNotes

Ash, construction say Habana..but taste sez very young and needs it's beauty rest.

CPUserName: Wascal
Appearance: Perfect
Construction: Perfect
Aroma: Great
Smoked_To: Past the Band
Scale: Great Smoke
Class: High End ISOM
Time: 02:45 PM
AppearanceNotes

I couldn't find a thing wrong with the appearance of the cigar. smooth light brown wrapper, not a vein in sight, no blemishes, perfect.
ConstructionNotes

Well rolled. very firm, nice triple cap. No soft spots, no defects I could find.
TasteNotes

This cigar had a overwhelming creamy taste, with a hint of vanilla. I know that sounds strange but I did taste it. Just great tobacco and cream mostly.
OverallNotes

This was a well aged cuban, smooth, not a bit of harshness. I really enjoyed it. I have a fairly good idea what this cigar is, but from past experiences I not telling. Maybe something to do with the number 4?

CPUserName: moki
Burn: Uneven
Problems: Runners
AshStructure: Typical
Strength: Medium
Date: Tuesday May 18, 2004
Time: 08:07 PM
AppearanceNotes

nice natural wrapper cigar; the seams are pretty clearly visible, but it isn't unraveling
ConstructionNotes

Seems like a well-made cigar that's been de-veined well
TasteNotes

Cigar has a really nice floral aroma to it, lighting it up, it's an enjoyable cigar. Taste Cuban to me, but not so distinctly that I can be 100% sure. Has nice hints if citrus and nutmeg, with again leathery undertones, and a nice spicy kick/twang on the exhale, or when smoked quickly.
OverallNotes

This is a nice cigar. It tastes good, isn't overwhelming, and has no real major negative characteristics that I can determine. It's nothing exceptional, but it is a good solid enjoyable smoke. Not sure I'd go out to buy it, but I'd definitely not turn it down.

CPUserName: Purobrat
Burn: Even
Aroma: Fair
Recommended: No
Scale: Decent/Worthy
Time: 09:10 PM
AppearanceNotes

Some small veins, slight tooth, and a nice triple cap (sure look like 4 caps:eek:) Nice firm, smooth feel.
ConstructionNotes

Firm draw that turned to a Perfect draw as soon as it was lighted. Very firm roll and had a perfect burn for the first half, then got off and did not straighten out, giving it an even burn rating since the burn was not a deterant
TasteNotes

no real distinct flavors to speak of, except on the nose where I noticed (believe it or not) a hint of Cream Style Corn <shrugs> Overall not bad at all
OverallNotes

This cigar was very well made, the ash was 2" when it was knocked off by a wayword bird that decided to fly in front of my face. When it hit the sidewalk it stayed intact. Had to press pretty hard to smash it. Was a decent cigar but I did not enjoy it enough to say I would recomend it. I feel like it must be an ISOM because of the cap, and the numbness I felt on the lips and tongue. I have no idea what brand it was. Thanks for the challenge Kenny, it was great fun!!

CPUserName: cigarsarge
Smoked_To: Past the Band
Time: 09:24 PM
AppearanceNotes

This one's a light brown triple cap with no visible flaws. No blemishes were noted. Also it is nearly veinless. A very attractive cigar.
ConstructionNotes

No soft spots or bumbs were noted. It's firm and well packed with plenty of tobacco. The foot and cap were will made and clean. The ash held nearly one third of the cigar.
TasteNotes

This cigar tasted of light spice. The smoke was creamey and seemed to coat the inside of my mouth. The wrapper tasted salty. It's medium bodied with no bite. It seemed to have that ISOM twang but not as much as cigar #1.
OverallNotes

This cigar was the best of the group reviewed. It's a go to cigar if the price is right. Would go very well with a cup of coffee or a light rum.

CPUserName: Shadow
Smoked_To: I Burned my Fingers!
Class: High End ISOM
Date: Sunday May 23, 2004
Time: 12:55 AM
AppearanceNotes

Very nice looking corona cigar. Some veining.
ConstructionNotes

Great construction. Nice triple cap. Solid with no soft spots. Good pre-light aroma and draw.
TasteNotes

Started right off the bat with great full flavor. Minor changes in flavor while smoking the cigar but nothing that wasn't good!
OverallNotes

Excellent cigar that went very well with coffee. I hated to finally put it down. Full of flavor.

CPUserName: Pepe
Time: 10:40 AM
AppearanceNotes

few veins, triple cap
ConstructionNotes

Just right degree of firmness
TasteNotes

cornucopia of taste. a bit spicy
OverallNotes

definitely ISOM. No idea which. Fine cigar.

CPUserName: vewyphishy
Scale: Decent/Worthy
Time: 05:42 PM
AppearanceNotes

Clean and smooth. Nice light colored wrapper. Triple cap (yet again) is very clean.
ConstructionNotes

Evenly packed with no soft or hard spots. No veins or chips. Very solid.
TasteNotes

Like bitter coffee. Not overwhelming... but definitely strong. Had a bit of an afterbite to it. Felt like I needed to "chew" the smoke to get some of the flavor.
OverallNotes

Interesting cigar. Parts of it I really enjoyed. Parts of it I couldn't wait to get past. Seems like it might have a problem with consistancy. The flavor was appealing. This was definitely a cigar of 2 sides. I'll guess ISOM, but yet at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised to find out if this was a bundled cigar.

CPUserName: oak
Appearance: Fair
Construction: Fair
Draw: Easy
Time: 06:15 PM
AppearanceNotes

Cigar had a fairly rough wrapper, with many large veins - medium brown colored.
ConstructionNotes

Firmness seemed inconsistent - with one very soft spot (almost a dent) about half way down.
TasteNotes

Tastes were very straight-forward - seemed cuban to me - though it was not a triple-cap so I was surprised by this. Again, this seemed fairly well aged to me (at least 4-5 years) - but that's what I thought about the first one - so who knows.
OverallNotes

I liked this stick a lot. Although I was expecting to have problems due to the construction and inconsistency of firmness - but the construction and appearance issues didn't seem to effect the experience negatively.

CPUserName: Triple_D
Strength: Mild
Time: 08:18 PM
AppearanceNotes

Nice looking smoke. Had plume on it. Looked very appealing.
ConstructionNotes

Slight crack at the foot. Overall great construction
TasteNotes

The cigar was mild yet it had a great taste. The flavor enhanced halfway through the stick.
OverallNotes

Very nice mild smoke. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a milder smoke or a great daytime smoke.

CPUserName: sd_stack
Time: 10:41 PM
AppearanceNotes

Great looking Cuban. Normal amount of small veins. Medium brown wrapper. Triple Cap.
ConstructionNotes

Well made. No problems here whatsoever.
TasteNotes

I enjoyed the flavor of this one. As you folks know, I cannot name too many flavors. The cigar was really smooth. It had a lot of flavor. On top of the normal Cuban flavor, I guess I could say woodsy/leathery maybe. I can't really say for sure. My wife loved it.
OverallNotes

I didn't pee my pants or anything but this was a tasty cigar. I would definately smoke another and maybe even try a box sometime if the opportunity arose.

Yes, taste is very subjective as we have found out. I have also found out that I can't figure out what cigar I'm smoking unless I see the band. :p I could have sworn the last one was a Siglo IV due the creamy taste of the smoke. I did find out what my next box purchase is going to be, Punch SS #2. :thumbs:

Kenny I have really enjoyed particapating in your taste test, thanks again for allowing me to play.

Mike