• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BOTL: smokelaw1 is a very fine Gentleman

rsaavedra

Don Rafael
If you all remember I posted a thread called I need ID expertise for some crazy Vainilla flavored Cohibas, well smokelaw1 said he wouldn't mind tasting and reviewing one of them. I PM'd him for an innocent Rocket2Rocket trade or so I thought. Well I shipped my rockets to him and on the 6th he shipped his rockets to me; well he got his but I didn't get mine. As a courtesy I gave him a heads up pointing that USPS seemed to have dropped the ball that way he was awared that USPS stiffed someone once again, I didn't care of what he sent me I figured I sent fakes so I expected dog poo on baggies my way so if they were lost atleast no OpusX were in that package. As soon as I gave him the FYI he shouted back at me: " :angry: LMK if they ain't there tomorrow and I'll re-ship" I thought to myself this dude is nuts or he has lots of rockets he needs to dispose off, but you know what to each his own. I knew from dealings with members on other reef/fish boards that when you commit you'll do everything you can to hold your promise/end of the bargain; I knew he was a man of his word. Well I get home and there is a dirty USPS box sitting in my front door, I take it in, opened it and the cigars were smoking hot and dry as if they were sitting all weekend long in delivery area of the truck. I flip the bag over and open it and to my surprise here is what I found:

1 X
1 X
1 X
1 X

4 Yes a total of 4 fine cigars for 2 counterfeit Vainilla flavored Cohibas Rockets of mine.

smokelaw1 you have earned my respect and gratitude, you truly are a BOTL Gentleman in all aspects; I hope one I can return the favor.

Raf

Well, BOTL I suppose, but gentleman is a stretch. He is an attorney you know. He's probably hoping for a blowjob at a reststop or something. Proceed with caution.

Joking, about most of it. Good going bro, and enjoy those smokes Raf. Is that a edited?

That's just the way things are done here...EVERYTHING is settled out of court! :laugh:

Nice play smokelaw! What... you mean that wasn't an even trade for some rare Coheebas in saranwrap.... and flavored at that. :laugh:

mac

I'd say that was a pretty even trade. Its not every day you come across some Coheebas that are so blatently fake....Those were certainly ones for the record books...

Awesome play....

Foot in Mouth, sorry to all you gents for mistake. I'm learning the rules as I go along. By any chance is there a thread for dumb newb Do's/Don'ts? Of there is one can I be pointed to it? If not use me as the sacrifice for the good of the cause.

Raf

Don't sweat it rsaa, some people (including yours truly.... :blush: ) have made the same innocent mistake in the past.

Josh is definitely one of the best! :thumbs:

Foot in Mouth, sorry to all you gents for mistake. I'm learning the rules as I go along. By any chance is there a thread for dumb newb Do's/Don'ts? Of there is one can I be pointed to it? If not use me as the sacrifice for the good of the cause.

Raf

Don't worry about it. What matters is how you handled it.

Sorry to hear they got held up and are dried out. If for any reason they don't spring back to good smokeable condition with a week in the humi, let me know, and I'll send you some REAL rockets to make up for it.

6 Days from CT to PR via priority mail. I just looked it up withthe DC#, and it looks like the delay was here in MD. It does not show as "received" iuntil the 6th. That would still be four days, including the weekend.

I'll meet you at the reststop. I'll move my foot up and down in a "wide stance" so you know it's me.

Wow Josh! Looks like you're going to keep this Newb, and not show him the door while he types incomprehensible sentences. All of them full of bad grammar, misspelling, constantly referring to his EBAY rating. :thumbs:

This is going to be a nice day indeed. Nice play BTW. :cool:

Sorry to hear they got held up and are dried out. If for any reason they don't spring back to good smokeable condition with a week in the humi, let me know, and I'll send you some REAL rockets to make up for it.
Josh I honestly think that they will be fine, no need to worry. In the other hand I'll naver say no to Mr Free :laugh:
6 Days from CT to PR via priority mail. I just looked it up withthe DC#, and it looks like the delay was here in MD. It does not show as "received" iuntil the 6th. That would still be four days, including the weekend.
The USPS in this area really sucks, all I hope is their service improves. :angry:
I'll meet you at the reststop. I'll move my foot up and down in a "wide stance" so you know it's me.
I don't know about all that, but if that's your cup of tea I sure can send Bubba instead :laugh:

Wow Josh! Looks like you're going to keep this Newb, and not show him the door while he types incomprehensible sentences. All of them full of bad grammar, misspelling, constantly referring to his EBAY rating. :thumbs:

This is going to be a nice day indeed. Nice play BTW. :cool:
Sorry for my poor grammar as english is my second language, believe me my english has improved alot over the years; not perfect but improved. Now if it was spanish my grammar, spelling and sentence structure would be flawless but who in the hell would understand me here? Can you explain to me what you mean by Ebay rating? I don't recall anything being mention in regards to Ebay.

I honestly hope that your comments were made in a playful manner and not in a derrogatory fashion. I'll be very dissapointed if in a fine community such as CigarPass existed people who feel they have superiority complex and attack people who's first language wasn't english. I might be over reacting but that is my perception and initial perception is 99% of the opinion we formulate about a person or community until we are proved otherwise.

Sorry for ranting,

Raf

Sorry for my poor grammar as english is my second language, believe me my english has improved alot over the years; not perfect but improved. Now if it was spanish my grammar, spelling and sentence structure would be flawless but who in the hell would understand me here? Can you explain to me what you mean by Ebay rating? I don't recall anything being mention in regards to Ebay.

I honestly hope that your comments were made in a playful manner and not in a derrogatory fashion. I'll be very dissapointed if in a fine community such as CigarPass existed people who feel they have superiority complex and attack people who's first language wasn't english. I might be over reacting but that is my perception and initial perception is 99% of the opinion we formulate about a person or community until we are proved otherwise.

Woah, there...
This was all n regards to other people who have come into Cigar Pass lately, not you! We think that they were native English speakers, and they were MUCH less well spoken than you are. They rambled on about all manner of things, including EBay ratings, and why they should be taken seriously , even though they were acting like an idiot. I played a small but vocal part in inducing the "meltdown" that led to them no longer being welcome here.

Woah, there...
This was all n regards to other people who have come into Cigar Pass lately, not you! We think that they were native English speakers, and they were MUCH less well spoken than you are. They rambled on about all manner of things, including EBay ratings, and why they should be taken seriously , even though they were acting like an idiot. I played a small but vocal part in inducing the "meltdown" that led to them no longer being welcome here.
Josh thanks for the clarification.

ALL sorry for my premature reaction. Here is the part I hate: Foot is to Mouth as Boot is to Ass.

Raf

Damn I hear those Nilla Hiba's are the best, Josh I hope you are reviewing those bad boys for us!