• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bourbon

My mother in law lives in a dry county in Kentucky. Dry, dry, dry. Like stupid dry with at least a 45 minute drive to the nearest watering hole. When I first started heading down there with my wife I felt that bringing my own liquor would be in bad form and could lead to my banishment. On a ridiculously hot day (probably my second or third trip down there), my wife's grandfather offered me a ginger ale and when I took the first sip I damn near pissed myself. I had expected straight up ginger ale but by ginger ale he apparently meant a mix of 80% Heaven Hill and 20% Ginger Ale.

I am no Heaven Hill lover but that drink on that particular day in the 100 degree heat while sitting beside a true southern gentleman was one very fine drink. I have never poured a bourbon and ginger ale for myself but I can understand the appeal on hot hot hot summer days. Bourbon and ginger ale is a bit like gin and tonic. I would only use cheap bourbons if offering this beverage but I do believe that bourbon and ginger ale has some appeal.

By the way, a good bourbon over a couple of cubes will do it for me every time.

Well, I used to drink neat all the time. Maybe it's just an infatuation or this horrible summer heat, but with the Ginger ale it's so refreshing. Has anyone tried the new Makers Mark yet?

Either neat or with a splash of water for me, please.

Unless we're talking rotgut and then ginger ale sounds good - but hold the whiskey.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed and Diet Coke. I am making some Mardis Gras beads out of the Rare Breed cork tops. I will post a picture when I finish them.

Either straight or with some water and ice. Rock Hills and woodford being favs!

I usually just drink it right out of the bottle. I find a glass is overrated....lol

I drink it neat or on hot days 1 (maybe2) cubes...

I love Maker's Mark with ice, chased with some ice cold water or club soda. If I want to get DRUNK, I'll drink some bonded Old Granddad mixed with ginger ale or club soda.

Two cubes, unless Im drinking at work (during my off time) we have one of Macallan ice ball makers. Its about 15 pounds of copper makes an ice ball the size of a baseball. Damn thing doesn't seem to melt

Don