• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bourbon

opusxfiles

Smoke Shackin'
So, I'm a self-confessed bourbon fanatic. In fact, it's about all I drink.

I'm not saying I've tried them all, because I'm sure that isn't the case. I'm just saying vie had my share...

Well, last year, I went to White Dog Days at The Buffalo Trace distillery, and it was there that I had my very first "Buffalo and Ginger".

Since then, I just can't seem to stop drinking my bourbon with Ginger ale! I simply love it.

So, what is YOUR favorite way to enjoy bourbon?

So, I'm a self-confessed bourbon fanatic. In fact, it's about all I drink.

I'm not saying I've tried them all, because I'm sure that isn't the case. I'm just saying vie had my share...

Well, last year, I went to White Dog Days at The Buffalo Trace distillery, and it was there that I had my very first "Buffalo and Ginger".

Since then, I just can't seem to stop drinking my bourbon with Ginger ale! I simply love it.

So, what is YOUR favorite way to enjoy bourbon?

When I was in college I used to drink Jack and Ginger or Coke. For the last few, ok quite a few years :), I find the mix far too sweet. I had some ER and lemonade at a friends house a few weeks back and it was pretty tasty. I am not sure if I would make it on my own but, for those that want to give it a try it might be worth a shot.

I really don't like to drink my bourbon any way but neat, sometimes with an ice cube if it is a cask strengt or high abv.

Along those lines I have a bottle of PVW 15 coming in today, I hope. Its been at least 6 mos since I have had any and I am looking forward to giving that bad boy a go this weekend. :thumbs:

INMO there are few bourbons better than the 4 small batches by Jim Bean, my favorite of which being Bookers. It has an incredibly smooth flavor and a surprisingly clean after-taste for a ~125 proof freight train. Show me a PAM Imperial and a snifter with 3 fingers of Bookers neat and I'm set.

I prefer my bourbon neat...on a really hot day I might drop an ice cube in if drinking outdoors.

If you're a bourbon fanatic, then let the beautiful flavor of a good bourbon come through by itself. Neat or with a splash of water is a great way to enjoy it.

I prefer to drink bourbon neat as well, although I had a Kentucky Gentleman at a bar in Atlanta that was downright refreshing.

Have you had Greenore? It's an Irish bourbon, although it can't be labelled as a bourbon because the US owns that name. Waiting on my second bottle to come in from AVB now. Great stuff!

I prefer to drink bourbon neat as well, although I had a Kentucky Gentleman at a bar in Atlanta that was downright refreshing.

So is a Mint Julip. What's a Kentucky Gentleman?

A Kentucky Gentleman is Maker's Mark, real ginger ale (like Ale-8-One) and a very long orange peel spiral.

Have you had Greenore? It's an Irish bourbon, although it can't be labelled as a bourbon because the US owns that name. Waiting on my second bottle to come in from AVB now. Great stuff!

Never heard of it. Is it that good? If so I'll need to try to find a bottle.

Is this similar to the one you had before?My link

Never heard of it. Is it that good? If so I'll need to try to find a bottle.

I loved it. Blanton's is about the only other bourbon I drink regularily. Had one bottle of Parker's 27yo that was incredible, but that was a one time gift. Dad picked up a bottle of Knob Creek that I didn't care for (too strong/harsh of a flavour unless it was cut a lot). So that gives you an idea of where my likes/dislikes sit. Hope it helps. :)

Edit: Khari:Yeah, that's it. I preferred the flavour of the 8yo over the 15yo, though and the 8yo was cheaper.

bourbon with a cube or two of ice is best, I also enjoy a splash of ginger ale with my makers mark often ...this is what my google search for a Kentucky Gentlemen yielded me kentucky gentlemen cigars, a mint julip cigar...wonder how that tastes lol.

A Kentucky Gentleman Top Hat is made with Amaretto, Hazelnut and coke...and of course Bourbon....whatever floats your boat....

Drink it neat with a few drops of spring water......

Neat, with Bookers being my favorite. Weller Old Antique is pretty good, especially for the price.

Ken

I usually have a cube or two in mine just because I like it cool. Some bourbon however is meant to be cut so of course more cubes would be needed. I never mix bourbon, ok maybe Beam white label or jack.

I used to drink all my "brown liquors" the same: glass full of rocks, splash of club soda. Lately I've been leaving out the club soda, and don't miss it---in fact, I'm finding I prefer it this way, and for some reason, my drinks last through a whole cigar now. Guess I'm sipping more slowly without the fizzy stuff in there!

But I still like my drinks cold---this is, after all, the hot, humid, muggy subtropics down here---so I don't skimp on the rocks. Besides, the whiskey slowly turning to water is part of the charm of drinking it that way.

~Boar