• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brickhouse is goin' to the Big House

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
Many or most of you know I left the Active Duty side of the Army on 1 March, and have since relocated back to Southern Illinois with my family to start a whole new chapter in our lives. For the past 2 months I have been unemployed and hoping for that right opportunity to come along. I applied several places, but always had a number one place that I had hoped to get picked up at. I was told today that the wait is over.

I have been officially offered a Teaching position at the Federal Prison near here in Marion, Illinois. I've got a teaching degree so it's always what I've wanted to do outside the military, but I loved working for the Government, so I was torn. Now I don't have to be, I get to do both. I'll start on 10 June. My duties will be to Teach High School completion subjects to inmates who desire to better themselves. I'll also have duties within the prison, but all relating to the Education system in some way.

Then on top of all that, my wife got a call last night, and she's been offered 1 of 5 teaching positions at the local Elementary School (where she grew up), so she's super pumped as well. Things are going very well at the Bickett household this week.

What a week it's been:

- Awarded Grand Prize in a contest from Devin Cole (Viejo paso de los miembros, y algunos más nuevos)
- Won LilBastage's contest
- Bombed by Jonesy (crazy good bomb)
- Picture came out in Cigar Aficionado
- Wife found out she got her dream job (Elementary School Teacher in her home town)
- I found out I got the number 1 job on my "want" list, after two months unemployment

I can't think of a better reason to smoke an absolutely stupid crazy good and rare cigar. Don't be surprised if the Opus X BBMF gets the flame this weekend :)

Congrats Wyatt !! That definately calls for the torching of a great stick !!

Congrats! You should probably go grab some lotto tickets, too.

That is great news Wyatt!! Congrats to you and the wife on your new jobs! Enjoy your celebration smoke. :thumbs:

...and well deserved to both of you.

Congrats to both you and your wife. You've truly been blessed.

Best of luck!! :D

....don't you love it when the planets align and all the plans come together at once...??... :thumbs:

Couldn't happen to a better BOTL.....congrats, Wyatt - !!! - :cool:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Now that is a good week! Congrats on the new job, just don't bend over to pick up the eraser :p