• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brock Lesner coming to UFC 81

davew0670

Will be fighting Frank Mir. I love all these guys from other "sports" who jump right to ufc/pride and think they can win. I think Frank Mir kicks the shiot out of Lesner....and Mir sucks now.

Will be fighting Frank Mir. I love all these guys from other "sports" who jump right to ufc/pride and think they can win. I think Frank Mir kicks the shiot out of Lesner....and Mir sucks now.

Well its not his first fight,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25l0g_k1...k-lesnar-vs-min

He trains at a Gracie camp and was a phenomenal wrestler before he went to the fake stuff. We will see if he's the real deal or not but I personally don't think he's a walk through.

I'm excited to see this fight. I'm not sure who will win, especially if Lessner has dropped all the roid weight, I do know someone is going to get a real shock. Lesner's "1st" fight looks like he submitted via an Annaconda Pounding. I'm a big guy & I wouldn't want that bastard on top of me either.

Should be interesting as Lesnar is a absolute beast. I think Lesnar may give Mir a run for his money especially since Mir hasn't been that impressive in his last three or four fights. I hope it doesn't end early though as I am intersted in seeing what Lesnar's cardio is like...he's got a lot of muscle to lug around in the cage.

Just to add a few things as I’ve been reading more about him, At the time of the fight I posted he was 290lbs, the heavy weight cap in the UFC is 265lbs which was a concern. About a month ago he was reported walking around at 260lbs. I don’t see the physical aspect of this being an issue at all as he’s going about this very seriously and professionally. He even passed up a big TNA contract. The question is dose he have the skill set……..

:laugh: I knew that was coming!

Ill go prem fiver on the match, not the first rd.

A top wrestler is always a threat,think Josh Koshcheck. As big as brock is he poses several threats to opponents. He can take you down at will and wear you down. His cardio is not a question(for me) being a former NCAA champion. He just needs to get the necessary boxing skills. My one question, is his chin.

Kinda off subject, isn't there a PPV this sat the 17th UFC 78? I've noticed none of the Lines are open for this yet? Its been brought to my attention that they wont open the lines if someone is competing before the event, you don't think the UFC is stupid enough to make one of these guys hold a non televised fight a few days before a PPV?

Bump UFC 81 This sat (2/2/08)

Full Card Details

Tim Sylvia Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira For the HW Title

Frank Mir Vs. Brock Lesnar

Jeremy Horn Vs. Nate Marquardt

Keita Nakamura Vs. Rob Emerson

My thoughts:
Tim Sylvia Vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: I hate tim, he did a fantastic job running away and doing as little as possible when he had the title, not to mention he was a total douche when randy beat the crap otta him. I say big Nog for the win.

Frank Mir Vs. Brock Lesnar : I have to say brock isent doing a whole lot to make pro fighters look intellegent, but after seeing the countdown he is one big mofo. If he can afaid getting caught I think he can streight up out work Mir if he dosent finish it first, I'm calling Lesner for the win and will still honor the bet above.

I have a feeling his card is going to be boring, I think Lesnar is gonna win via LnP, while I understand the strategy, it is just to boring for me to watch. The only fights I really want to see are on the undercard(Both LW fights) so I'm hoping they get broadcast.

The next fight that I think is going to be pretty exciting is Kimbo Slice and Tank Abbott Feb 16th on Showtime. With Bas Rutten training Kimbo I think he should do pretty well.

Dave was right! 1st round Lesnar goes down to a friggin knee bar. I thought Mir's head was going to explode from the punches. Rookie mistake on the leaving the knee exposed. The rest of the card has been ok so far. Looks like someone owes Dave some good sticks. It'll be nice to see how Lesnar develops as a UFC fighter.

It was a decent card but the outcome was in my opinion pretty obvious, if Lesnar couldn't gnp Mir out in the first few minutes it was over. Mir came in to the fight in shape and was ready, I also think Lesnar's cardio would of went fast. Lesnar was so nervous walking down the aisle that I thought he was gonna shit himself.

My only concern is the pay difference between Lesnar and Mir, Lesnar made 200k and would of got a 250k win bonus. Mir made 40k and got a 45k win bonus wtf. Ex champ vs a unknown say what you want but I will take the ex champ every time, hell Lesnar may not ever live up to his potential considering he has quit everything he has tried.

updated pay totals

Lesnar earned $250,000 as his base pay. Mir got $140,000, a combination of both his contracted pay and a $60,000 bonus for the night’s best submission.

got punked by mir. This was good for the ufc. If Lesnar had won, you would have started seeing every tom, dick and harry thinking they could just hop in to ufc.

I am more interested in seeing if Kurt Angle is gonna go mma, unlike Lesnar he has been training mma for a few Years. Angles cardio is proven and he has great technique. Oh and he is an gold medalist.