• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Brock Lesner coming to UFC 81

My only concern is the pay difference between Lesnar and Mir, Lesnar made 200k and would of got a 250k win bonus. Mir made 40k and got a 45k win bonus wtf. Ex champ vs a unknown say what you want but I will take the ex champ every time, hell Lesnar may not ever live up to his potential considering he has quit everything he has tried.

updated pay totals

Lesnar earned $250,000 as his base pay. Mir got $140,000, a combination of both his contracted pay and a $60,000 bonus for the night’s best submission.

That's a good pay scale for Lesnar, considering the name recognition and anticipation -- I'd love to see the PPV numbers because they can provide an indication if there was a spike from the wrestling crowds. When we ran shows on the East or West Coasts we would often pay a premium to a local guy with a name to be on our card. And it wasn't uncommon for us to pull a bigger name to the show for the card appeal.

Mir is still coming back, has had some bad fights (how he loses to Pe de Pano I never will understand), and has something to prove. So it makes sense the UFC paid him considerably less.

Frank's first professional fight was on one of our HOOKnSHOOT cards in Evansville, Indiana against Jerome Smith. Everyone in Frank's camp is confident he'll destroy Jerome -- because Smith is just a big (fat) brawler and Frank's jiu-jitsu skills are just crazy. Smith took Frank to a decision and punished him at times. In many ways that first fight represents where Frank gets himself in trouble. He over-commits on a submission and gets punished way too much before bailing (think Ian Freeman fight).

I am disappointed in Lesnar -- to lose by a kneebar is unfathomable! Of all of the submissions, a leglock should have never happened. Why? He's been training with Erik Paulson (at Greg Nelson's school in Minnesota) -- a legend in international MMA circles and arguably the master of leglocks and kneebars. I used to train under Erik and know how he would have drilled Lesnar to beware of Frank's submissions. Lesnar must have just frozen.

God, this makes me miss the fight game.... These athletes are some of the greatest PEOPLE I've ever met. Certainly there are some jerks like there are in other sports, but overall these guys are simply awesome people.

If there is anyone in the Louisville area around, I think my friend Jeff will be doing a HOOKnSHOOT show there in April. I'll be there (probably working) -- it would be great to get together with other MMA fans following the show. I'll keep people posted.